GDT: 2020-21 season game 33 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 3/29/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
quick thought he had that in his glove when it was bouncing around behind the net

wow

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Not the only one. About 2/3 of this team did tonight and this was after a really good 1st.

I am talking specifically about Quick. He was taking much longer than normal to reset himself, teetering and falling instead of catching himself. He looked like an old player tonight.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I am talking specifically about Quick. He was taking much longer than normal to reset himself, teetering and falling instead of catching himself. He looked like an old player tonight.
i think doughty might have taken him out from behind on that last sequence where he was on his butt making snow angels but i don't disagree as a whole. he didn't look sharp and it's a bit worrying now to me because he used to just have the "off" game every now and then, i feel like i'm seeing more of them from him lately

100% not putting this entirely on him cause like bandit said, lehner was a limpdick himself and the kings hardly even tested him.. just pretty damn pathetic all around

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
The Mrs. commenting on the team after seeing the score at the end of the game....

XtrJ.gif

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Thought the defense looked better tonight with Strand in. Quick looked shaky all night and looked like he didnt know where the puck was a lot. Not his fault they lost but he wasnt doing them any favors. He wasnt solid back there even when he was making saves.
The Kings offense is one of the least dynamic in the league. They need high end talent and to start transitioning Kopitar to the second line and taking pressure off him so he doesnt need to have multipoint games for the Kings to win.
Anyone saying Vegas was taking runs tonight is out to lunch. They were toned down a lot and about average physically tonight.
All the Lemieuxs and Macdermaids wont help the Kings. They need goal scorers and guys that impose their will doing it.

Reactions: 21Dog

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Glad to see Strand trying to make a difference

That last goal, all on Kopitar. Soft on the puck for the turnover, slow to get back and loses his man, the goal scorer

We know we can hang with these guys at times, which is nice. Need to be able to scrape out a win when it's NOT all falling into place, that'll be the next step of the rebuild. Good teams win despite bounces, bad luck, bad refs, special teams not clicking. We seem to need all of the above to win.

We're in the most painful part, a mini plateau just outside the playoffs--it's gonna be a painful few weeks. All we really have to look forward to is the youth growing, Doughty competing for Norris, and some special appearances from guys like Turcotte and Byfield.

Reactions: The Pale King

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Thought the defense looked better tonight with Strand in. Quick looked shaky all night and looked like he didnt know where the puck was a lot. Not his fault they lost but he wasnt doing them any favors. He wasnt solid back there even when he was making saves.
The Kings offense is one of the least dynamic in the league. They need high end talent and to start transitioning Kopitar to the second line and taking pressure off him so he doesnt need to have multipoint games for the Kings to win.
Anyone saying Vegas was taking runs tonight is out to lunch. They were toned down a lot and about average physically tonight.
All the Lemieuxs and Macdermaids wont help the Kings. They need goal scorers and guys that impose their will doing it.
i mean i'm not saying "runs" in the sense that i think they were dirty at all, it's just they're finishing hard contact over and over again, even when the game is completely out of reach. that's an effort thing to me and the complete absence of a response by the kings is a problem

bland

Jul 1, 2004
you notice foxy say "that's the best the kings can play" in the 1st period?.. nice little freudian slip

really upset with the lack of character in this group at the moment.. they laid down and died
They aren't a team yet. They have a lot of similar players trying to do the same thing.

Lemieux is certainly no savior by any means, but he is going to create scrums and increase the temperature of the game when it is getting away from them. They really could have used that element in the 2nd period. Once they are a functioning team with a variety of players bringing different elements in a cohesive manner they won't need a distraction like that, but a building team needs someone who can rile up the guys on the bench when the game is slipping away.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Was able to just check the score thank goodness I missed the game. Sounds ugly. Yikes.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The team just doesn't have it. Not good enough to compete against the top 4 and not clinical enough against teams below us. Team has a ways to go.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
i mean i'm not saying "runs" in the sense that i think they were dirty at all, it's just they're finishing hard contact over and over again, even when the game is completely out of reach. that's an effort thing to me and the complete absence of a response by the kings is a problem
Oh I see. Yea kings take hits more than they give thats for sure. Walker and wagner had some nice hits tonight though. I just think that stuff will fall into place eventually. I think more importantly they need offensive talent that makes the other team think about it every time they touch the ice.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They aren't a team yet. They have a lot of similar players trying to do the same thing.

Lemieux is certainly no savior by any means, but he is going to create scrums and increase the temperature of the game when it is getting away from them. They really could have used that element in the 2nd period. Once they are a functioning team with a variety of players bringing different elements in a cohesive manner they won't need a distraction like that, but a building team needs someone who can rile up the guys on the bench when the game is slipping away.

It's a bummer because they had 'it' for a period and a third or so, but once they started folding they just full collapsed

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
The team just doesn't have it. Not good enough to compete against the top 4 and not clinical enough against teams below us. Team has a ways to go.
yeah i mean, f***, maybe i'm losing the big picture here cause vegas is a good team and i shouldn't be surprised that we're losing to them, but it was there in the 1st period.. frustrating. these "winnable" games frustrate me more than just, outright losing to them by nature of being outclassed

Reactions: crassbonanza

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Look at Winnipeg’s tick tack passing tonight - last times I saw that was the Moore-JAD line and they were broken up.

Kings are boring, slow, low energy. They are a big team and with the exception of two hits by Wagner and Walker they played soft. Vegas was throwing the body around all night.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Lehner didn’t know what state the puck was in about 5 times during the first period and the Kings scored 1. You wanna blame something for this loss, that’s your answer.

Yeah, there was at least 4 shots at getting a 2nd or more goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad