GDT: 2020-21 season game 25 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @6:30pm 3/10/21

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I don't want to get too excited, but this Kings team is freaking fun to watch! They are going to have some tough decisions when Frk and JAD come back. Who sits? I think if we put Strand on D instead of MacD we would be money. Even better, put Bjornfot instead of Maatta and i'd really be gettin jiggy with it.

Yup, the next big acquisition will be a top pairing left shot defender. Not a lot of options on the left side within the organization. Nousiainen might be the big surprise, and others like Moverare and Hults a bit more than me, but the left side defense needs some additions.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Great win and thank Goodness the chosen one Zegras did not score against us. Next game however though big big challenge.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Matt Roy has been of the best players in the NHL at suppressing scoring chances the last two years, but even he has no chance with MacD, it's been a barrage of chances. That Ducks forward was just standing in front of Grosenick for a good 3 seconds, I mean where on Earth is MacD, is he in the corner, did he fall down? The replay didn't really show, but it's tough to watch this guy. But at the very least he should be clearing the crease.

That's my other beef with MacD, like you would think a guy like that getting lost in coverage would at least default to getting to the front of the net and blasting someone like Greene but twice tonight he was the last one there and got softly pushed over lol

Reactions: Herby

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Great win and thank Goodness the chosen one Zegras did not score against us. Next game however though big big challenge.
Yeah, you know what, I couldn't care less that he is a Duck and our "rival", but even with Team USA I gotta say that I cannot stand that kid. He's all flash, prone to whining, just the kind of guy who deserves a butt end in the ribs on every shift.

Reactions: Token and ru4reals

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

he looked suuuuper grumpy when Moore wouldn't give him any easy space even at the end of the game. Very "welcome to the show, kid" moments.

Kopitar made him look absolutely pedestrian being there to pick off every pass casually, basically waiting for them to hit his blade.

He's got immense IQ though, he'll learn and be better for it, just shows how big of a difference there is advancing to the NHL. You can't be a hero every shift. It's the same for Vilardi--it comes in flashes, growth = consistency.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
he looked suuuuper grumpy when Moore wouldn't give him any easy space even at the end of the game. Very "welcome to the show, kid" moments.

Kopitar made him look absolutely pedestrian being there to pick off every pass casually, basically waiting for them to hit his blade.

He's got immense IQ though, he'll learn and be better for it, just shows how big of a difference there is advancing to the NHL. You can't be a hero every shift. It's the same for Vilardi--it comes in flashes, growth = consistency.

Nah, let's take his teeth.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

bland

Jul 1, 2004
:laugh:

On one hand, I like the arrogance, the "i can do anything" with the puck.

On the other, if he's going to be a pissy little bitch everytime someone is within 5 feet of him, he's gotta get run to kingdom come by guys like Tkachuk.

I know the league is different now, but dammit, if a hot shot kid ever tried a lacrosse goal on my goalie he is getting his ass handed to him. I really miss that mentality. Fear used to keep punks in line.

Zegras is definitely good enough to put his bag of tricks aside and go about shit the right way. The no look fakes, every pass has to show somebody up, everybody look at my mits, god I hate that bitch game.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Yeah, you know what, I couldn't care less that he is a Duck and our "rival", but even with Team USA I gotta say that I cannot stand that kid. He's all flash, prone to whining, just the kind of guy who deserves a butt end in the ribs on every shift.

That's what I'm taking about!!! :nod:

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
If the kings could actually hold a lead with under a minutes left, they'd be solidly a playoff team. There is hope!

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Nice win. I admit to being wrong about Kempe.

Kempe has arrived.

A 'freakish' amount of goals by Brown, 6 goals by AA in 17 games and 11 by Kempe, make a big difference from what was
mostly a 1 line team last year. Vilardi has emerged as a legit #2 NHL center... The PP looks like the best it has looked in years. I like that both Drew and Kopi are shooting more on it.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Hopefully he doesn't turn into an overweight loony bin after retirement

This gif NEVER gets old. It's an absolute beauty.

5e20aab9b87be2a5619a1fde19f4bae1.gif

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If the kings could actually hold a lead with under a minutes left, they'd be solidly a playoff team. There is hope!

No kidding. Man, how bad do those first two games against Minnesota feel now? If the Kings win those two games in regulation instead of losing in overtime, they'd have 30 points and be tied with Colorado for third, and Minnesota would be in sixth with 27 points, one point behind the Coyotes. Ouch.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad