GDT: 2020-21 season game 24 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm 3/8/21

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
This is exactly what I was thinking this whole time really no reason to change up the D Pairings. Just baffling what Todd is thinking at times. Maybe Toby needed a rest because we were playing one of the worst teams in the league and Todd wanted McD to get some playing time? Oh well.
Old school coach wanting to play the enforcer in a rival game.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Mistake is not the correct word?

Yes it sucks that the Kings passed on him and it really sucks that he ended up in Anaheim, just dealing with the reality of the situation. I didn't want the Kings to draft him, I wanted the Kings to draft the player they took, but the reality of the situation is that it was a mistake, period. I was wrong, you were wrong, Ziggy was right.

For first year pros?

Do you move this quickly on everything? Can we sit down for a poker game sometime?

Yeah, sucks that Zegras is in Anaheim. It also sucks that Drysdale is in Anaheim, I love both those kids. It doesn't make our picks suck, and our players not breaking in as teens doesn't mean they won't be difference makers.

Reactions: The Butcher

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
TMac is probably going to say that they wanted his toughness in the lineup as it was a rivalry game. But it's just really tough to win when you have MacD and Maata both in the lineup, especially since Walker has not looked like the same player since he ate that Dumba slap shot. The #1 priority for the Kings right now should be adding a defenseman who can eat minutes. There is no reason those two should be in the lineup in the same game.

For first year pros?

Do you move this quickly on everything? Can we sit down for a poker game sometime?

Yes, I'm the only person in the world who has the opinion that Zegras is the clearly better player, I guess the entire hockey world is jumping to conclusions.

You just don't want to see what is obviously right in front of you, when it's negative towards the Kings. It's just an excuse for everything, are you related to Jim Harbaugh?

I mean, really. Have you not seen what has happened since the draft? You wouldn't trade players if you could?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Horrible. Doughty Kempe and AA played well. Maatta and MacD were liabilities. Walker has not been good since hes returned. Luff is a 13th forward.
Playing MacD on the second pair and not sheltering him when there are better options available it seems like you dont care about winning the game before it even starts. I havent missed a game in many years. This was my least favorite display of hockey from both teams and the questionable lineup decision is upsetting.

I don't know he had a bad game today for sure but he's been pretty decent. Aside from a few players it was a bad game by many. Just not our night.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Remember when we made a HUGE mistake taking Kopitar instead of Stastny? Some of you need to check yourselves big time.

I don't remember that because Kopitar was a star from the second he stepped onto NHL ice as a 19 year old. Did anyone at this board really say that?

I remember the opposite, basically every team that picked from 2-10 knew pretty quickly that they had made a huge mistake not taking AK. Despite what some people say it doesn't take years to see it, doesn't mean some of those guys weren't good players but you can see greatness pretty quick.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don't remember that because Kopitar was a star from the second he stepped onto NHL ice as a 19 year old. Did anyone at this board really say that?

I remember Avs fans arguing Stastny was better and that they wouldn’t trade him for Kopitar. Must’ve been from the same base who thought Martin Skoula was better than Nicklas Lidstrom.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yes, I'm the only person in the world who has the opinion that Zegras is the clearly better player, I guess the entire hockey world is jumping to conclusions.

You just don't want to see what is obviously right in front of you, when it's negative towards the Kings. It's just an excuse for everything, are you related to Jim Harbaugh?

I mean, really. Have you not seen what has happened since the draft? You wouldn't trade players if you could?

I'm done responding to you after this since you can't even respond honestly when I dumb it down as much as possible. I'm talking about you calling Turcotte a mistake, not Zegras' abilities.

The reality is you're throwing dirt on the casket of a kid with 6 pro games and reaching the absolute conclusion that there's no way he can close the gap.

If you've seen what's happened since the draft, you saw these kids play right next to each other and how their games went. Turcotte had fewer points, yet was a driving force, and arguably the best two-way player in the tournament. You're way too excited to throw in the towel on the kid and you even bring your pissing and moaning into GDTs now.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
TM didn't name names but said basically half the team was on and the other half never started.
Its weird because it was not the worst game they played even this year. It was just the game as a whole was painful.
Usually when the kings are bad the other team looks good. Tonight was just bad low energy hockey. High score because of lackluster play not because of high octane offense.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Remember when we made a HUGE mistake taking Kopitar instead of Stastny? Some of you need to check yourselves big time.

I mean, the examples are myriad and have been cited to death in other threads, but a handful of posters here don't like facts if they're not cherry picked.

Our prospects are all teenage busts, patience is stupid.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I remember Avs fans arguing Stastny was better and that they wouldn’t trade him for Kopitar. Must’ve been from the same base who thought Martin Skoula was better than Nicklas Lidstrom.

Malkin won ROTY and the finalist was Jordin Staal and Paul Stastny if I'm correct. Malkin was the obvious choice but Kopi didn't even get a sniff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad