Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
WTF
3-3
Iafallo Kopitar
AA Carter
Kempe Vilardi

Add Moore sure...don't put freaking Brown!!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Brown has to be the worst 3 on 3 player in the league.

you can't hang this one on him. If you're looking to point fingers, kempe was out there too long, and had a solid turnover behind the net on the ot goal. He looked like shaq trying to get up the ice.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Considering it was what? 5-2? Gotta be reasonably happy to get a point.
Considering what I thought the Kings were to start the season, considering how bloody bad to mediocre this defense is after Doughty...
This season's gone reasonably well.
You're in every game. You're within striking distance of the playoffs.
Trust me, Kings fans... it can go a lot worse
signed - Wings fan

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
This mistake just stings because it’s the Ducks. If Zegras had been picked by Florida or Detroit it’s whatever but man we are going to have to see a lot of him going forward.
Is he really expected to be that great? Haven't followed him much so not sure what his ceiling is.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Not Drews' fault by any means and he's usually really good on 2 on 1's but thought he turned a bit too soon but whatever. Guess better Zegras gets an assist then his 1st NHL goal.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Is he really expected to be that great? Haven't followed him much so not sure what his ceiling is.

Unfortunately he’s really good. Probably the best prospect the Ducks have had since Getzlaf.

There were a couple of really noticeable plays tonight. World class vision.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Ugliest game I've seen in years, burn the tape, nothing to be taken from that game except confirmation that having both Maatta and MacD in the lineup is awful and it totally destroys the other pairings. Instead of a good 1st with Doughty /Anderson a great 2nd with Bjornfot /Roy and a good enough 3rd with Walker /Maatta you end up with an overplayed 1st pairing and 2 bad pairings.

and then Brown in OT...TM owned himself tonight with shitty roster decisions. Don't even get me started on Matt Fluff.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Horrible. Doughty Kempe and AA played well. Maatta and MacD were liabilities. Walker has not been good since hes returned. Luff is a 13th forward.
Playing MacD on the second pair and not sheltering him when there are better options available it seems like you dont care about winning the game before it even starts. I havent missed a game in many years. This was my least favorite display of hockey from both teams and the questionable lineup decision is upsetting.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Turcotte living rent free in Herby's head.

Haha, ok whatever. You continue to make zero sense. I deal in a world of reality and you deal in a world of excuses.

I am commenting on this game. Do you dispute anything I said about the player? He had a few spectacular plays tonight as he has at every level he has played at. I know you are the biggest homer on this board, but even you must admit that he is an incredible player and that Ziggy was right that he should have been the guy the Kings drafted.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Haha, ok whatever. You continue to make zero sense.

I am commenting on this game. Do you dispute anything I said about the player? He had a few spectacular plays tonight as he has at every level he has played at. I know you are the biggest homer on this board, but even you must admit that he is an incredible player and that Ziggy was right that he should have been the guy the Kings drafted.

He's a great player. Borderline Thornton vision.

Making three posts bemoaning the pick and calling our pick a 'mistake' after whining for pages about him earlier is what I'm referencing. If that doesn't make sense, you have the short term memory of a peanut.

It's okay man, you can go back to your Turcotte dart board now and drink out of your Zegras mug. Just call em as I see em. And in you I see a guy who seems to think really liking one player means another one has to suck.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Ugliest game I've seen in years, burn the tape, nothing to be taken from that game except confirmation that having both Maatta and MacD in the lineup is awful and it totally destroys the other pairings. Instead of a good 1st with Doughty /Anderson a great 2nd with Bjornfot /Roy and a good enough 3rd with Walker /Maatta you end up with an overplayed 1st pairing and 2 bad pairings.

and then Brown in OT...TM owned himself tonight with shitty roster decisions. Don't even get me started on Matt Fluff.

This is exactly what I was thinking this whole time really no reason to change up the D Pairings. Just baffling what Todd is thinking at times. Maybe Toby needed a rest because we were playing one of the worst teams in the league and Todd wanted McD to get some playing time? Oh well.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
He's a great player. Borderline Thornton vision.

Making three posts bemoaning the pick and calling our pick a 'mistake' after whining for pages about him earlier is what I'm referencing. If that doesn't make sense, you're just schizo.

It's okay man, you can go back to your Turcotte dart board now and drink out of your Zegras mug. Just call em as I see em.

Mistake is not the correct word?

Yes it sucks that the Kings passed on him and it really sucks that he ended up in Anaheim, just dealing with the reality of the situation. I didn't want the Kings to draft him, I wanted the Kings to draft the player they took, but the reality of the situation is that it was a mistake, period. I was wrong, you were wrong, Ziggy was right.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
He called his shot Mark Messier style at World Juniors this year. Unfortunately, he's been spoken in the same breath as Patty Kane so ya expectations are high for zegras.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->