2020/21 Roster Thread X: Chuck's time to shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's so sad you think anyone is going to come to your birthday party.
:cry:

I do.

Striiket is just smart fan and we need fans like him.

How much is he paying you to say that?

Zero.

I don't need pay from smart people who understand hockey.

Yes, if I would have said that about AV, he must pays me around $100K lol.

:laugh:

$100 for every mean thing he says about AV.

$1000 for every nice thing he says about me.

It’s a bargain, to be honest. Although all my birthday money for the next decade is already spoken for...

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Im.loading someone's gun with real bullets. I'm going to Brandon Lee you.
tenor.gif

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
my wish list:

-sell braun, laughton, raffl if you can
-sign bernier or a reliable backup
-get rid of braun, hagg via expansion
-sign a bottom pairing d: montour, oleksiak, Martinez to a 2 year deal that can do good on the pk
-sign hamilton or trade for top 4 d

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
if we get marc staal im going to watch the shit ass ducks more. ffs man

I can't imagine any kind of rental / short term trade if Fletch accepts the Flyers are out of the playoff picture. He's said it publicly - this is the week that determines the direction, and it looks like the team is coming up smol.

I'd look for a sell off of a few players for promising prospects or picks, or maybe a big trade to get a long-term higher-end asset.

Or both.

Or neither.

Reactions: flyerslducks

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It depends what Buffalo wants to do really. Their team is a dumpster fire even with Eichel there now. They have holes all over their lineup & nothing really in the pipeline to change that any time soon.

So do they go with a future based package or try to find a PLD/Laine like trade? Even in theory if they find the latter are they really going to get better? They’re going to take a bath in whoever the comparable to Eichel is just by nature. Is an additional guy of Roslovic’s type of profile really going to change your team’s fortune any time soon?

A futures package is obviously more riskier but offers up more upside imo. This team is likely in the gutter regardless these next few years anyway.

Reactions: FlyTimmo

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Elliotte Friedman speculated that Chuck may make a major change or two this offseason. I really don't know if I trust Chuck to be the guy making those moves, but a facelift would be rejuvenating, at least from a fan perspective.

I really don't think we do much of anything at the deadline.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Elliotte Friedman speculated that Chuck may make a major change or two this offseason. I really don't know if I trust Chuck to be the guy making those moves, but a facelift would be rejuvenating, at least from a fan perspective.

I really don't think we do much of anything at the deadline.

I'm good with that. That's a scenario where I'm fine giving up a Jake Voracek or something. It may be needed.

I'm oddly not willing to accept moving Claude Giroux. If he goes, I riot...

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
I'm good with that. That's a scenario where I'm fine giving up a Jake Voracek or something. It may be needed.

I'm oddly not willing to accept moving Claude Giroux. If he goes, I riot...

I think Jake may be the odd one out if such a move happens. Huge cap hit and been here forever, an ideal candidate if we want to shake things up. The question remains what Jake's value actually is. Even if teams aren't eager to give up value for him right now, shedding his cap hit and using it indirectly on another acquisition could work. Same logic could be applied to JVR as well. What Seattle takes from us will have major implications.

I want Giroux to go down sinking with this ship and I think he does too.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You can’t force Giroux (or Couturier for that matter) to sign a contract extension. They both have outs if wanted by the summer of 2022 at the latest.

Obviously that would be a poor look on Fletcher, his predecessors, & the organization at whole if one let alone both decided to walk away.

It’s been a long decade & this franchise still isn’t realistically close to competing for a championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad