2020-21 Norris Trophy candidates: Adam Fox, Victor Hedman, Cale Makar

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Doubt he will win it. I am happy and content he was at least nominated. Will go to Hedman, because of who he is and what team he is on, which are cup favorites. The fact that Fox was better than Hedman this year won't make a difference and that is typical NHL political BS.
There were at least 10 dmen better than Hedman this year. Him winning would be an embarrassment honestly.

Reactions: Lays and Leonardo87

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Should be Fox/Makar/McAvoy, winner will be Hedman just because, and the folks that usually complain about reputation wins will be oddly silent.

Not sure where this is coming from. We've all been pretty honest that Hedman doesn't deserve it based on the last 1.5 months of the season.

Reactions: zeykshade

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
E3cwhEnWEAEUMkw

E3cw7f6WUAQ4KlC

E3cxUsTWUAAwqEa

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Ooooof course the awful people in the media voted for Hedman the year where he's not that good. What a joke!

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Should be Fox/Makar/McAvoy, winner will be Hedman just because, and the folks that usually complain about reputation wins will be oddly silent.

Pretty sure I haven't seen a single post on these boards in almost 3 months saying that Hedman should get the award. The only reputation win arguments I can even remember lately that people were as adamant on as if Hedman wins this would be Lidstrom and the Doughty season that Karlsson had a historic D season.

And in order of bullshit it would probably go Lidstrom > Hedman > Doughty because Doughty actually put up a full seasons case of deserving.

If Hedman wins, it's a media rep parade and every fan here knows it. The disagreement is more on who of the remainder of the best D should actually be winning it.

Reactions: Ignatius

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It will be makar or hedman. Fox had 1 assist and a -3 against the Islanders in 8 games. -2 against Boston and no points in 8 games. Reason why those 2 teams are still in the playoffs ‍♂️

Fox padded his stats against devils, buffalo, and flyers

12 pts and +5 vs buffalo. 8 pts and +6 vs devils. 10 pts and +4 against flyers.

This is just my opinion. I just know for sure buffalo, and devils had abysmal goaltending thus year lol. While flyers was injury plagued all year.
That's 30 points. He had 47. If my process of elimination is correct, the rest came against the top two teams in the division.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
How is it a slam dunk? NYR misses the playoffs, Makar is the only PPG Dman of the finalists and is 3 pts behind Fox only bc he missed 12 games due to injury. Not saying Fox doesn’t win this because Makar’s injury could legitimately take him out of the running but it’s definitely not a slam dunk
Fox was better defensively and a bit better offensively at 5v5. I'd take ES impact over PP any day.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Hedman was the clear winner before he got injured. I think they are taking that into account.

Even still, if Makar is penalized for missing time due to injury Hedman should be penalized for playing injured. The body of work is the body of work.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I don't think there should be "ainec" type talk regarding these 3 for who will win... in my opinion it will be VERY close

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Love Hedman, only reason I was happy Tampa won it, but he didnt have that good of a season this year.
As others have pointed out, McAboy deserves to be in there.

He is still so underrated, for 2 main reason, 1; that he doesnt score as many points as the others and 2; that he has slowly been getting better and better since he came into the league, to the point where he is now, while Makar and Fox has had very explosive high-profile first and second seasons. They are simply more in the spotlight. And Hedman is Hedman, he has been widely considered one of the best d-men for half a decade.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I guess this will put all the "Fox is underrated" crap to bed thank god. He's viewed exactly as he is... one of the best (young) D in the nhl.
It should, but with people like this it won’t.

In order to be a Number one Defensemen in the NHL...Unless your name is Lidstrom. In order to be a number one Dman.....You must hit people.....Steens, Chelios, Bourque, Robinson, Potivin, ......Please show me some tape of Adma Fox's hits this season....Here is an example of what needs to be seen. This is what number ones do.....You cant escape it.. Being a number 3 Dman....possibly a two,...is what your Boyfan is.....accept it......

The Raggies would trade Adam Fox for Charlie McAvoy faster then you can say learn the game ten times really fast.....

Charlie mCavoy hits on You tube - Yahoo Video Search Results

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
People also said there is no way Makar would win the Calder cause he missed games

He has an extremely good chance to take the Norris

Reactions: EveryDay

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The crazy part of this is Fox is still on his ELC next season lol... Makar woulda too if his playoff stint a couple years ago didn't burn off a year on his elc.

We are in good hands everyone!!.. these 2 will be lighting it up for many years

Love it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad