Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Gotta say, this feels a little tight. Kings and the other non-playoff teams would be returning what, right around now?

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I don't even know how that would theoretically even work with the Stay at home order.
Do they enter a bubble?
Do they get an exemption?
Is Darth Vader my Father?

Kings, Ducks and Sharks would have to relocate out of state I think. Might make sense to have all the CA teams share a bubble out of state. The 49ers are playing home games in AZ - but who knows where we’ll be at by January

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Kings, Ducks and Sharks would have to relocate out of state I think. Might make sense to have all the CA teams share a bubble out of state. The 49ers are playing home games in AZ - but who knows where we’ll be at by January
None of this makes any sense to me

haven't the rams been playing at home tho?

I think thursday's game is at Sofi as well

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Would Vegas be a location where the CA teams temporarily relocate to? Maybe Phoenix / Glendale?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I have to imagine they started considering options once the 49ers relocated given there's a Bay Area team here too

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Gotta say, this feels a little tight. Kings and the other non-playoff teams would be returning what, right around now?

the 7 teams likely will not get the extra week they wanted to skate/practice. Hopefully the players are skating on their own right now anyway.
What would really help is exhibition games but sounds like those maybe thrown out or only 1 or 2 for all.
Sucks but whatever, just happy to have it back.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
How time flies with Quick. Lucky to have him at the time we needed him.

8-2. Last time kings scored 8 or more goals was 2016. :eek:

I remember that game quite well mainly just because of the circus we had with goaltenders and I remember the scoring 8 goals and really liking what I saw from Quick, but at the same time not thinking much of it because of the strong victory and we were just so far down our depth chart at that time. We played seven goalies that year and nearly four of them had double digits games played. All eyes were on Bernier and just to hold on with Barbs until he got there...

Thank God he didn't go the way of Adam Hauser. He was a victim of that 10-goal destruction the Sabres laid on the Kings.

fiveholio

Jul 18, 2005
None of this makes any sense to me

haven't the rams been playing at home tho?

I think thursday's game is at Sofi as well

Indoor v. outdoor is my guess. The Kings and Ducks were looking at hosting outdoor games when the season started, so that would make sense.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Thank God he didn't go the way of Adam Hauser. He was a victim of that 10-goal destruction the Sabres laid on the Kings.

A long, proud tradition the Kings have of annihilating goaltending prospects with one game. Travis Scott, Dave Goverde, Ryan Bach, lots more I'm sure. But yeah, Hauser was a monster for the Monarchs. Such a shame he got ruined that way.

Reactions: The Pale King

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
A long, proud tradition the Kings have of annihilating goaltending prospects with one game. Travis Scott, Dave Goverde, Ryan Bach, lots more I'm sure. But yeah, Hauser was a monster for the Monarchs. Such a shame he got ruined that way.

We sacrificed Adam Hauser's career so that Jonathan Quick could save us.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
the 7 teams likely will not get the extra week they wanted to skate/practice. Hopefully the players are skating on their own right now anyway.
What would really help is exhibition games but sounds like those maybe thrown out or only 1 or 2 for all.
Sucks but whatever, just happy to have it back.
A lot of the guys have been on the ice together in LA practicing. Thats why Turcotte came home from Germany early, so he could join in with it. Kaliyev has been practicing in LA for a while also and Thomas and Dudas are now heading back from Germany also. From the various bits I’ve heard from various podcast interviews etc, it seems there is already a reasonably significant contingent practicing together in some sort of unofficial camp. It’s believed that’s why Craig Johnson hasn’t yet been officially announced as the Reign assistant (which is a done deal), as the promotion would mean he’s not allowed on the ice with the players as TSC.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
I am concerned about Kopitar, you know he was rumored to eat all those cabbage rolls around Christmas that's why his production was so bad around the holidays.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Why?

Doughty's conditioning hasn't been an issue for well over a decade, and it clearly wasn't a problem for him then either.

I think Drew's conditioning could be better. It is pure paranoia on my behalf but Brown and Kopitars off years seem to coincide with when they have kids, Drew's daughter could be one and I could definitely see being a father distracting from training. I know it would for me. Probably not a fair call out, but i put it out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad