Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Grans was a -9 in the SHL,and was recently sent down a league. He has been tending down recently. He's a project with a lot of upside.

Just for clarity - he was never sent down. He was healthy scratched by a coach who's running the second-worst team in the league, and they recently acquired a vet (former Kings prospect Patrik Hersley).

I agree he's a project and he's cooled off from his hot start. But him not making the team is a bit of a surprise.

Reactions: BlackMetalED

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
So is being the best player on team Canada the past two days a good thing?
Honestly, the obsessing over how these 18-20 guys are doing is a bit out of control. Not sure if it’s because that what the kings are right now - a team of the future / prospects. Or if it’s due to the immediate and vast information that’s available nowadays. Probably a bit of both.

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020
Honestly, the obsessing over how these 18-20 guys are doing is a bit out of control. Not sure if it’s because that what the kings are right now - a team of the future / prospects. Or if it’s due to the immediate and vast information that’s available nowadays. Probably a bit of both.
With the way of the world right now: Pandemic,social unrest,political turmoil etc. It's not a surprise people are trying to escape right now. We love hockey,and we've been deprived for a long time. Just let us have this lol.

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020
Just for clarity - he was never sent down. He was healthy scratched by a coach who's running the second-worst team in the league, and they recently acquired a vet (former Kings prospect Patrik Hersley).

I agree he's a project and he's cooled off from his hot start. But him not making the team is a bit of a surprise.
I actually was wondering what the details were. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: King'sPawn

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale

It doesn't count unless it was live streamed in a scrimmage. Never mind that the scrimmage was just practice, just like the last 2 days apparently. It is still amazing to me that he's still the youngest player in the group again. Sky's the limit.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

If we're going to overreact to scrimmages then yeah, you'd better be damn sure that people that want to pinata him because he kicked a goal in are going to see his praises being sung too.

And you're right, it's a silly microscope, it happens every year, probably more so this one due to literally nothing else happening, haha. It's just rare on this forum as Kings haven't had much representation since early in the 2010s.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
I keep checking this thread for 'rumors / training camp / roster - thread II' and just see the impending WJC chat, that is mostly 'is Byfield a bust, as he is not having a stellar camp?'
And now that the Team Canada said 'Byfield has been our best player the last 2 days'...we can calm down.

So, since this 'rumors / roster / thread II' has been hijacked, somewhat - can this be back on topic? Especially since the season may be starting mid-January and thus camp
starting in 2 or so weeks? Better still; mods - create a WJC thread? Will be able to have 2 good threads going. Exciting days ahead. 9 Kings prospects in WJC and the
start of NHL hockey again. Longest King off-season ever.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I saw a mayor tweet the other day or so saying we would trade for a defenseman next, I ask who u think hes talking about? I think Dumba would be a good target. We need to reduce Drews minutes badly

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I keep checking this thread for 'rumors / training camp / roster - thread II' and just see the impending WJC chat, that is mostly 'is Byfield a bust, as he is not having a stellar camp?'
And now that the Team Canada said 'Byfield has been our best player the last 2 days'...we can calm down.

So, since this 'rumors / roster / thread II' has been hijacked, somewhat - can this be back on topic? Especially since the season may be starting mid-January and thus camp
starting in 2 or so weeks? Better still; mods - create a WJC thread? Will be able to have 2 good threads going. Exciting days ahead. 9 Kings prospects in WJC and the
start of NHL hockey again. Longest King off-season ever.

A WJC Thread is a good idea. I can get to it after dinner.

However, prospects are going to be on topic in a roster thread, particularly with camp coming up, so you may not be able to avoid all that...

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
A WJC Thread is a good idea. I can get to it after dinner.

However, prospects are going to be on topic in a roster thread, particularly with camp coming up, so you may not be able to avoid all that...

Great! Agreed...prospects should be part of the training camp / rosters thread. It seems a WJC thread is inevitable and may as well start it now.
God knows we had the 2020 draft and Byfield / Stutzle thread going for months! WJC is a mere 12 days away.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
BTW, I didn’t mean that comment as a slight to Kings fans being excited about prospects. I meant more from the negative side and people/media crapping on guys. The microscope is on many of these guys but the fact is they are young and developing- not a finished product yet at all. Imagine what we’d think of 18-20 year old Quick, muzzin, SV, Williams, Greene, Martinez, Mitchell, etc. But these guys were awesome and main cogs in 2012 & 2014 SC wins.

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I still don't understand why Wagner is in the lineup but Grundstrom isn't.

I would guess the speed thing.

BTW, I didn’t mean that comment as a slight to Kings fans being excited about prospects. I meant more from the negative side and people/media crapping on guys. The microscope is on many of these guys but the fact is they are young and developing- not a finished product yet at all. Imagine what we’d think of 18-20 year old Quick, muzzin, SV, Williams, Greene, Martinez, Mitchell, etc. But these guys were awesome and main cogs in 2012 & 2014 SC wins.

None of those guys were a top 5 pick though. 18-20 year old Kopitar and Doughty are a better comparison. Even then, of course Kopitar wasn't a top 10 pick, but still considered to be the future #1C. Could use Hickey too. I forget, was he the captain of Team Canada?

But yeah. not every guy is going to make it. One of the top guys might even be traded before the Kings do anything. It's really only now that we'll get to start seeing anything from 2017 to today pay off or not. Then the last 2 drafts, where the team has been non-existent on the ice, you're really hoping that Byfield and Turcotte do something against their peers. Most teams can't miss on a #4 pick and still win. That lightning likely can't strike twice. Depending on what the long term is for Vilardi, that might put even more pressure on Byfield and Turcotte.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
before maata I thought LA could bring in ghost from philly.

I saw a mayor tweet the other day or so saying we would trade for a defenseman next, I ask who u think hes talking about? I think Dumba would be a good target. We need to reduce Drews minutes badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad