Speculation: 2020-21 Management/Coach/Owner Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Probably, but it’s also not something that should be said in the first place unless you’re willing to throw the year away. That kind of thing always gets out.
I'm sure stuff like that is said all of the time. I don't really mind it since it is the reality that we can all plainly see anyway, but it's disrespectful to be so open about it.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Are we even sure he said that? What's the source?

Yes, From the athletic. I believe this quote was actually originally posted in French in an article published Saturday but the same article was reposted in English today and that’s why we’re seeing it float around. Doesn’t appear that he made the comment in the pressers today.
E8BC323B-D473-4B6C-9320-B77F03A74A84.jpeg

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I have sympathy for eakins. His teams have only ever been rebuilders in the process of accumulating young talent and he’s never had a roster on the upswing. It really feels like his back is up against the ledge as far as his nhl coaching career is concerned.

I hope the boys rally hard this year and we get a huge Eakins redemption ark. That would involve some unlikely breakouts and a lot of luck but that’s hockey right?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
If the guy came with the promise/expectation/understanding that he will replace Eakins after this season, just do it now. Why play stupid little games?
It’s about money like it always is with the Samuelis.

You just can’t say that to the media if you’re Bouchard. That type of shit gets said in interviews all the time I’m sure. It’s the timing of things. You’re trying to convince the guy to come here so you tell him he’s got a chance to be the next coach. Fine.

But you just can’t go public with that to the media. Honestly, the lack of professionalism shown there is astonishing for a guy who’s been around for any amount of time in any industry.

I’m not sure I even want him to be the next coach. But I might be going too far here

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It’s on management now…
True, and I expect there will be the usual “we feel comfortable with Dallas Eakins as our head coach moving forward” statement. Followed up by his contract not being renewed next Spring.

Shitty shitty situation now

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad