GDT: 2020-21 IIHF WJC, Edmonton/Red Deer, Canada: 12/25/20 - 1/5/21

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No matter what happens, I am just glad Faber has shown everyone why Yannetti made that move up. He is a rock defensively and those wheels may just let him be an underrated two way threat. Hopefully no more of our fans question that move.

Simontaival is so fun to watch. Skilled. Thinks he is 6’3. Even if he turns into a skilled third line buzzsaw it’s a win.

No questioning that one anymore, that's for sure. When I think of Faber vs. Sanderson, THAT is an absolute value pick. Faber where he was vs. Sanderson where he was all day. It's no 'gamble' at all on Faber's upside. Sanderson in the top-10...that's fishing for it. And praying he shows more offensively to justify it. It bodes really well that Faber is completely comfortable with the puck on his stick, he's not looking to hand grenade it, he'll wait an extra second for a great pass. I think someone mentioned Chris Tanev and I see a lot of it.

I think the fun thing about Kasper is he's built like a f***ing fire hydrant. Reminds me a lot of Hornqvist from a stature standpoint (definitely not quite as hard nosed). So i'm not at all worried about his size/build. He has that knack for disappearing/reappearing in soft spots like the true scorers do. I still think he's a long shot to translate even if he's a good player but it certainly won't be due to size.

Reactions: BlackMetalED

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Bjornfot's probably the most likely given he's the only one with professional experience under his belt, but right now he's probably 8th on the depth chart/first injury call-up. Turcotte ought to have a similar role in Ontario that Vilardi had last year, may earn a call-up at some point. Kaliyev will definitely need at least another season of development to round out his game before he sniffs NHL ice, and the organization seems content to take it slow with Byfield.
Turcotte already has a pro game, but I don't think he has ever played more than a 35 game season. He likely needs some time to get his body right. I am not concerned at all with what some call a reckless style, that goes away with experience pretty quickly.

Bjornfot could play in the NHL right now.

Kaliyev is a bit trickier. He needs pro tools asap, and given what he could be returning to, he is the one I think that could actually benefit from sticking around LA for the rest if the year, getting pro practices and spot games. One way scoring wingers can develop bad habits pretty easily if they aren't challenged, so unless he can be traded to a better OHL squad, it might be a case of sideways or backwards steps to remain in Hamilton.

I would assign Byfield back to the CHL soon as possible. His game is still developing, and I am not so sure he is ready to sit and watch pros. He needs to play as much as possible.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Turcotte already has a pro game, but I don't think he has ever played more than a 35 game season. He likely needs some time to get his body right. I am not concerned at all with what some call a reckless style, that goes away with experience pretty quickly.

Bjornfot could play in the NHL right now.

Kaliyev is a bit trickier. He needs pro tools asap, and given what he could be returning to, he is the one I think that could actually benefit from sticking around LA for the rest if the year, getting pro practices and spot games. One way scoring wingers can develop bad habits pretty easily if they aren't challenged, so unless he can be traded to a better OHL squad, it might be a case of sideways or backwards steps to remain in Hamilton.

I would assign Byfield back to the CHL soon as possible. His game is still developing, and I am not so sure he is ready to sit and watch pros. He needs to play as much as possible.

Regarding Turcotte, I agree he would benefit from playing in the AHL and having a full season/developing professional habits. I don't feel he's "reckless" but he might have a Mike Richards career - develops into an elite player, but will have a drastic drop off as he punches above his weight class.

Bjornfot is definitely NHL ready, in my opinion.

Kaliyev - I agree he would benefit more from a structured system.

Byfield - I don't believe Byfield would benefit from another year at junior, especially at the prospect of a contact-free OHL. While decrease in production is normal as the competition increases, he needs to learn to apply his body faster against professionals and getting a more professional regiment. I'm not saying he should sit or be a fourth liner, but he should be appropriately challenged, because he already has the skillset which surpasses junior level. Ideally, he can play in the AHL. If not, hopefully he can play in Europe.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
TURCOTTE BABY!

source.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad