GDT: 2020-21 game 16 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @4:00pm 2/20/21

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
That's a soft call, man.
i think it was a pretty good one, i think it's a bad call given they just let bjornfot get crosschecked down to the ice twice not more than a minute earlier though..

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
welp that'll probably get strand a game.. probably not intentional but it is what it is

Reactions: andys

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Fair, lucky he didn’t bust garland open. Otherwise coulda easily been more.

Also lucky DD’s call will basically be eliminated if Kings can win opening face off.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
You have to have control of your stick

Oh he absolutely had control of his stick...

That is a pretty standard play. But generally you aren’t “boxing out” a player as small as Garland.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
World class flop on the Doughty "crosscheck"

Strand had his stick at stomach level, unfortunate result. Thought it would have been 4 though.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Not really, he's actually pushing down. How else do you clear the crease?

Not by a cross check to the throat.

I don’t think there was intent so no suspension but I think that should be a major every time. Kind of dumb that’s 2 mins but a high stick that gives someone a shaving nick gets 4.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There's something to be said for guys learning to function, fight through, and not get frustrated during a tight hockey game. We haven't really played one of these defensive battles in a while.

On the other hand, it's uuuugly, with guys on both sides just completely missing passes, etc.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Not by a cross check to the throat.

I don’t think there was intent so no suspension but I think that should be a major every time. Kind of dumb that’s 2 mins but a high stick that gives someone a shaving nick gets 4.

Yeah sure, he's aiming for the throat.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Not really, he's actually pushing down. How else do you clear the crease?
i mean he's at full extension in the neck, it's not like he was stuffed up and couldn't go anywhere else

gotta be aware of where you're crosschecking even if the guy is low.. that's why i don't read it as intentional but it's still definitely a penalty

personally i assumed they were gonna call that a major given how they've completely lost control of this game but i imagine the DOPS has a look just because of it being a "crosscheck to the neck"

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
i mean he's at full extension in the neck, it's not like he was stuffed up and couldn't go anywhere else

gotta be aware of where you're crosschecking even if the guy is low.. that's why i don't read it as intentional but it's still definitely a penalty

personally i assumed they were gonna call that a major given how they've completely lost control of this game but i imagine the DOPS has a look just because of it being a "crosscheck to the neck"
The refs got it right.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Dang that only got a 2 minute minor, lucky for us but that looked bad. Just kill the penalty.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Color me shocked that Charron is being a shitty inconsistent ref

I kinda like the new guy though

Reactions: tny760

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad