Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
200w.gif

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Just think, we could have had Zito AND Quenneville.

Zito yes, Quenneville no. Quenneville made it clear that Philadelphia was never in the running. I just wish they'd gut the entire thing. No more retreads or anything like that. Entirely fresh blood. I had hopes for Fletcher that he would have learned from his Minnesota days, but clearly he's stuck on things. Get rid of Nature Boy. Fire AV. Fire everyone in Lehigh Valley and start from fresh. Bring in someone like Mark Hunter and let him build the thing properly.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fletcher is hired, everyone worries he's going to make trade like he did with Burns and Leedy, prospects for veterans.
Doesn't happen, picks up Niskanen and Braun for Gudas, a 2nd and 3rd. Simmonds for Hartman for Pitlick. Two minor TDL deals.
Next year picks up Gus on a one year deal, sells Raffl and Gus at the TDL.

So now everyone's complaining that he sat on his hands and should be wheeling and dealing.
Of course, if he trades/moves Voracek, JVR and Ghost for cap room and players, what a disaster!
If he trades TK, Frost, Patrick and draft picks for players, what a disaster!

I suspect the only way he'll be able to please people here this offseason is to package Braun, Hagg, Laughton, and Ratcliffe for Eichel.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fletcher is hired, everyone worries he's going to make trade like he did with Burns and Leedy, prospects for veterans.
Doesn't happen, picks up Niskanen and Braun for Gudas, a 2nd and 3rd. Simmonds for Hartman for Pitlick. Two minor TDL deals.

So now everyone's complaining that he sat on his hands and should be wheeling and dealing.
Of course, if he trades/moves Voracek, JVR and Ghost for cap room and players, what a disaster!

I suspect the only way he'll be able to please people here this offseason is to package Braun, Hagg, Laughton, and Ratcliffe for Eichel.

No I do believe everyone is complaining that he's steadily bled assets away for no appreciable improvements much less equal value, which is what he's always done.

There's little reason to be optimistic he can trade major pieces and get proper value.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Zito yes, Quenneville no. Quenneville made it clear that Philadelphia was never in the running. I just wish they'd gut the entire thing. No more retreads or anything like that. Entirely fresh blood. I had hopes for Fletcher that he would have learned from his Minnesota days, but clearly he's stuck on things. Get rid of Nature Boy. Fire AV. Fire everyone in Lehigh Valley and start from fresh. Bring in someone like Mark Hunter and let him build the thing properly.

Philly not being in the running is a direct indictment of the clowns running the organization though. In the past we never had a problem luring the best of the best.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Philly not being in the running is a direct indictment of the clowns running the organization though. In the past we never had a problem luring the best of the best.

That's because we could spend whatever we wanted.

NYC and LA have always been the prime destinations, except for those Canadian kids with ties to Toronto or Montreal.

Q was a different issue, he wanted to coach in Florida b/c he's retiring there and it allowed him to be near his future home.
We were never in the running, same way we never had a shot at Panarin.

Reactions: renberg

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019

Time to move on from Voracek, JVR (if he can be moved - probably can't). Will Couts resign? If not, time to ship him. If Sanheim thinks he's worth the Moon, move on. If Patrick thinks he's worth a ton (and he might given his change of agents), qualify him anyway XD XD XD

Forester and O'Brien are both ready tomorrow. Frost needs playing time. Cam York is ready tomorrow.

Gotta a LOT of weight to shed. GET MOVING FLETCHER

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
That's because we could spend whatever we wanted.

NYC and LA have always been the prime destinations, except for those Canadian kids with ties to Toronto or Montreal.

Q was a different issue, he wanted to coach in Florida b/c he's retiring there and it allowed him to be near his future home.
We were never in the running, same way we never had a shot at Panarin.

Homie its coaches and players alike. Flyers organization is no longer Top Tier. They are a middling tier organization at this point and fast-tracking toward the bottom rungs. Really need to re-examine how we play the game.

Broad Street Bully hockey was good hockey. It put fans in the seats and, even in losing efforts, salvaged a moral victory. This new Flyer hockey accomplishes nothing because it turns out the Flyers roster we ice can't play hockey. Might as well find a few Jody Shelley's and give Sam Morin 1st line ice time...at least let fans enjoy something...because we aren't enjoying hockey.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019

There is zero reason to sell TK, Frost, or Patrick. The core of this team is incapable of success. Voracek has been here 10 years and we've had 2 playoff series wins. 10 years for 2nd round, twice, yikes. Voracek has to go but Seattle is probably the ONLY way and we'll have to trade them a 2nd to take Jakub due to his awful contract (THANKS HEXTALL).

If Couts doesn't resign we could have neither Giroux or Couts in Flyers uniforms in 2022. Talk about literally starting over. . .and I want both of them but it depends on their price. Couts isn't getting younger and Giroux needs to take a team-friendly deal or he can go at the TDL to a contender.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Homie its coaches and players alike. Flyers organization is no longer Top Tier. They are a middling tier organization at this point and fast-tracking toward the bottom rungs. Really need to re-examine how we play the game.

Broad Street Bully hockey was good hockey. It put fans in the seats and, even in losing efforts, salvaged a moral victory. This new Flyer hockey accomplishes nothing because it turns out the Flyers roster we ice can't play hockey. Might as well find a few Jody Shelley's and give Sam Morin 1st line ice time...at least let fans enjoy something...because we aren't enjoying hockey.

I don't remember Shelley being enjoyable at all

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
I don't remember Shelley being enjoyable at all

Never hurts having a Shelley patrol the 4th line/club box seats. Responsible teammate who stuck up for the talent. Sam Morin's fights were probably the MOST SUCCESSFUL thing in ALL of 2020-2021.

Hopefully we get some of these:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Never hurts having a Shelley patrol the 4th line/club box seats. Responsible teammate who stuck up for the talent. Sam Morin's fights were probably the MOST SUCCESSFUL thing in ALL of 2020-2021.

Hopefully we get some of these:

I mean, when the Shelley is Shelley-tier and loses all his fights and is absolutely wretched on the ice while not protecting anyone because he's a ruined husk...that hurts. Quite a bit. A major part of this team's problems for ages now is going in on Shelleys.

Morin was fun until AV beat the fun out of him, though.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
I mean, when the Shelley is Shelley-tier and loses all his fights and is absolutely wretched on the ice while not protecting anyone because he's a ruined husk...that hurts. Quite a bit.

Morin was fun until AV beat the fun out of him.

Okay, you know what I meant with Shelley...happy we agree on Morin. At least SOMEONE brings SOME excitement...I've been watching 2010 Flyers playoffs and 2011 Flyers Penguins playoff games...Jesus this is rough stretch for the Orange and Black. Just no energy or excitement on this team at all.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad