2020/21 Fantasy Draft v2 (Bracket Style)

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
first crack... a lot depends on bounceback from 31 yr old Doughty but he's in a reduced role with a partner he had success with and I have a strong team defense and goalies amd good size. Need a lot from either Kotkaniemi or Glass to win a top 6 role. KK was leadinng playoffs in scoring when elim and is a transition monster. I have good familiarity between Patch and Danault - they have good numbers together, and also current teammates Patch/Glass. Same with KK and Armia. And Benn (captain) will have to fix Ho-Sang and keep Kassian in line. Kassian could step in and form a wrecking crew with Benn if Glass isn't ready, dropping Armia with fellow Habs. I like my special teams also - esp PP1. Lehner is a guy who can go the distance.

Cap Hit - $70,947.916
Cap Ceiling - $75,000,000
Cap Space - $4,052,084

Captain: Jamie Benn
Alternates: Victor Hedman, Drew Doughty​

Jamie Benn (9.5) - Jesperi Kotkaniemi (925) - Joel Armia (2.6)
Max Pacioretty (7) - Phillip Danault (3,083,333) - Zack Kassian (1.95)​
Cody Glass (863,333) - Lars Eller (3.5) - Joshua Ho-Sang (874,125)
Patrick Maroon (900,000) - Jordan Weal (1,400,000) - Nicolas Aube-Kubel (700)

Victor Hedman (7.875) - Erik Johnson (6)
Derek Forbert (2,525,000)- Drew Doughty (11)
Travis Dermott (874,125) - Brett Kulak (1,850,000)

Robin Lehner (5)
Devan Dubnyk (2,525,000)

PP1:
Armia
Benn - Kotkaniemi - Patch
Hedman

PP2:
Kassian
HoSang - Glass - Eller
Doughty

PK1:
Danault - AubeKubel - Forbert - Doughty

PK2:
Weal - Eller -Dermott - Johnson​

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:sharks
Kyle Connor-Elias Pettersson-Josh Anderson
Zach Sanford-Tomas Hertl-Sam Reinhart
Miles Wood-Jared McCann-Dillon Dube
Noah Gregor-Lukas Wallmark-Liam Foudy

Vladislav Gavrikov-Brett Pesce
Will Butcher-Adam Larsson
Mario Ferraro-Dean Kukan

Semyon Varlamov
Martin Jones

:wild
Oskar Lindblom-William Karlsson-Reilly Smith
Robby Fabbri-Christian Dvorak-Martin Necas
Sam Bennett-Derek Ryan-Brett Connolly
Matthieu Joseph-PE Bellemare-Dmytro Timashov

Roman Josi-John Marino
Matt Grzelcyk-Colton Parayko
Jake Bean-Jan Rutta

Andrei Vasilevskiy
Jake Oettinger

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Since I had Stolarz ranked DEAD LAST on my list of goalies, but in a sleep haze wrote Stalock as Stolarz, I'll be dropping Stolarz in the waiver period at the end

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Waiver period:
-At the end of the draft you may drop/pick up ONE player

^

This has been there since day 1

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:coyotes

I’ve heard a lot about how this team is garbage, they got no good players and I’ve just been sitting back laughing. Not only are these players good; they are literally the best their countries have to offer. That’s right every player I drafted has represented their country in the greatest tournament in the world.

I know what you’re thinking. NHLers haven’t been to the Olympics in 6 years. Only twice in the past 10 years that’s dumb as hell. What I have to say to you is... Yes it was dumb as hell. This restriction sucked

B3E6CD54-35FA-4236-B201-C173E3D0D327.png

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Before I post a final roster:

Willing to move Craig Smith if I get the correct left handed D back.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:bolts
William Nylander - Sidney Crosby - Mats Zucarello
James van Riemsdyk - David Krejci - Jordan Eberle
Scott Laughton - Filip Chytil - Jesse Puljujarvi
Jayce Hawryluk - Tyson Jost - Drake Caggiula

Travis Sanheim - Shea Theodore
Brenden Dillon - Adam Fox
Caleb Jones - Trevor van Riemsdyk

Jordan Binnington
Anthony Stolarz

Cap Hit: $69,030,657
Cap Remaining: $5,969,343

:jets

Kirill Kaprizov - Mark Scheifele - Brendan Gallagher
Evander Kane - Max Domi - Patric Hornqvist
Alex Galchenyuk - Trevor Zegras - Ilya Kovalchuk
Milan Lucic - Pius Suter - Julien Gauthier

Ben Chiarot - Kris Letang
Quinn Hughes - Jason Demers
Jake Gardiner - Radko Gudas

Tristan Jarry
Aaron Dell

Cap hit: $65,880,000
Cap remaining: $9,120,000

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
:ducks2

Tyler Bertuzzi - Brayden Point - Mitchell Marner
Jesper Bratt
- Ryan Getzlaf - Kailer Yamamoto
Jordan Greenway
- Pavel Zacha - Alex Chiasson
Loui Eriksson
- Riley Sheahan - Evan Rodriguez

Oscar Klefbom - Ethan Bear
Jakob Chychrun
- Alex Goligoski
Kris Russell
- Moritz Seider

Jaroslav Halak
Braden Holtby

Not overly pleased with how this team turned out, but I still think it's a solid playoff option. My offense is great, and I tried to go with an F1, F2, and F3 on each line. Bertuzzi - Point - Marner is one of the best lines in this game, and the depth to back it up is very solid.

While I don't have a true #1 defensemen, I have two very good pairings with proven chemistry that would eat up the majority of minutes at ES. Chychrun and Goligoski played together for most of the season, and they had good results playing together. Klefbom and Bear didn't get to play with each other very much, partly because Nurse needed Bear to help anchor their pairing. Seider is a high-upside pick who would fit well with a hard-working veteran player.

Goaltending is my main weakness, but two low-end starters/high-end backups in Holtby and Halak would push each other to play at their best.

I'd give this team an overall B.

:blues

Anders Lee - Steven Stamkos - Josh Bailey
Calle Jarnkrok
- Matt Duchene - Viktor Arvidsson
Luke Kunin
- Erik Haula - Gabriel Vilardi
Jordan Martinook
- Alex Turcotte - Tage Thompson

Jaccob Slavin - John Klingberg
Ryan Lindgren
- P.K Subban
Dennis Cholowski
- Tucker Poolman

Antti Raanta
Pavel Francouz

I'm a lot more happy with how this team turned out. We have no real holes, and we have good fits throughout the lineup.

The offense has a good balance of starpower and depth throughout. Bailey and Lee, who have experience playing together, make a great top line with a healthy Stamkos. Jarnkrok - Duchene - Arvidsson played only 86 minutes together in Nashville, but they put up a CF% of 61.71% and an xGF% of 56.28%. Jarnkrok is the perfect F3 to cover for Matt Duchene rushing up the ice, making a very solid 2nd line to back up a great top line. The bottom-6 has a good balance of proven players (Haula, Kunin, Martinook), and has some high-upside players in Vilardi, Turcotte, and Thompson. All 3-players have been held back by injuries in the past, and a healthy start would be huge for them.

The top-pairing is pretty self-explanatory, it's up there for the best pairing in the game. Slavin and Klingberg's games compliment one another's well, and they'd be able to log huge ES minutes. The 2nd pairing isn't great, but Subban would benefit from playing with a solid defensive player in Ryan Lindgren. If Lindgren continues his upward trajectory and Subban manages to bounce back slightly, that top-4 is one of the best in the game. The 3rd pairing has some upside with Cholowski, and it has a solid veteran player in Poolman who put up solid stats on a bad defensive team.

Raanta's a proven starter held back by injuries, and Francouz is a great backup to take some load off of him. Solid tandem.

Overall, I'll give this one an A/A-, which largely depends on Subban's form, and how Turcotte and Vilardi develop.

Thanks @hockeynorth for running another smooth draft!

Reactions: BeLeafing

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
my team is probably a C+ (unless i am made to understand otherwise please tell me otherwise) with potential to be a B one day

how the f***

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I'm missing my 4RW as I am 2nd to last draft spot, but anyone want to give their opinion on my team thus far?

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Zucker - Giroux - Pastrnak
Foegele - Hughes - Coyle
Texier - Lizotte - Roy
J. Robertson
- Hayton - Saarela

Girard - Ellis
Weegar - T. Myers
Mete - Lyubushkin

Hellebuyck
Schneider

Bolded are players who will be better in five years, underlined are players who will be worse, and the others will be roughly the same then as they are now. As the team is now, the first line is fantastic but the overall forward corps is probably operating as a C+. If Hughes does break out, though, then the second line is a B+ at minimum as a combination of player types. The defence today is a B+ while the goaltending is an A (because who cares about Schneider).

Reactions: BeLeafing

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Zucker - Giroux - Pastrnak
Foegele - Hughes - Coyle
Texier - Lizotte - Roy
J. Robertson
- Hayton - Saarela

Girard - Ellis
Weegar - T. Myers
Mete - Lyubushkin

Hellebuyck
Schneider

Bolded are players who will be better in five years, underlined are players who will be worse, and the others will be roughly the same then as they are now. As the team is now, the first line is fantastic but the overall forward corps is probably operating as a C+. If Hughes does break out, though, then the second line is a B+ at minimum as a combination of player types. The defence today is a B+ while the goaltending is an A (because who cares about Schneider).
You don't see Ellis declining?

I also think this past season was Pasta's career year

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
You don't see Ellis declining?

I also think this past season was Pasta's career year
Ellis is 29 today, and his game has almost nothing to do with being an athlete. He should age really well, and the only thing that'll change over time is that he'll need to have bigger gaps while defending.

As for Pastrnak possibly having a career year, he's still bang on to hit 40+ goals a season over the next five years. He's only 24, the same age as your boy William Nylander.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Ellis is 29 today, and his game has almost nothing to do with being an athlete. He should age really well, and the only thing that'll change over time is that he'll need to have bigger gaps while defending.

As for Pastrnak possibly having a career year, he's still bang on to hit 40+ goals a season over the next five years. He's only 24, the same age as your boy William Nylander.
Fair, never thought of Ellis' game that way.

Seemed like such a steep jump though, idk if he'd hold it. Skeptical of Zibanejad for the same reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad