2020-21 Expected Roster Talk - Part 3

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
We've been over this so many times. He plays Kane's side on the PP. So yes, normally he should be on it but the role is occupied. So you either move Kane out of his role or put Kane on PP2.

Neither Kane or Kubalik is going to take faceoffs. They're not going to be the net front guy and you need at least one dman and there's no reason for them to shoot on their offside when you have Debrincat.
I was thinking of moving Kane to the right point....that's completely fair though and I've thought about it.

Reactions: Brightwing

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

A few days ago I posted bitching about Kubalik's ATOI and it not being enough.... but looking at the numbers closer now, and who plays more than he does. There actually isn't an obvious forward, especially at wing, that is seeing more time than he is.

Here are the forwards seeing more time than him nightly....

Soderberg - playing C and a completely different role 5v5 and on the PP. Both needed roles that Kubalik couldn't replace.
Suter - playing C and again something Kubalik can't replace.
Strome - C and injured, irrelevant right now.
Janmark - again, playing C.
Kane/Cat - don't really need to say much.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
A few days ago I posted bitching about Kubalik's ATOI and it not being enough.... but looking at the numbers closer now, and who plays more than he does. There actually isn't an obvious forward, especially at wing, that is seeing more time than he is.

Here are the forwards seeing more time than him nightly....

Soderberg - playing C and a completely different role 5v5 and on the PP. Both needed roles that Kubalik couldn't replace.
Suter - playing C and again something Kubalik can't replace.
Strome - C and injured, irrelevant right now.
Janmark - again, playing C.
Kane/Cat - don't really need to say much.
He also doesn't PK so that's part of it. I think one of the reasons Kampf was moved up was so Kubalik would play more. Kampf was getting a lot of defensive minutes with Toews out so it was increasing the minutes played by the fourth line. By putting him with Hagel and Kubalik, you still have a line that is defensively responsible but they can also generate some offence and Kampf can win some o-zone draws.

Reactions: d rake and RayP

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
DeBrincat is the primary shooter on PP1. Kubalik is in that role on PP2. Kubalik isn't replacing Kane, and you want a distributor out there setting up DeBrincat, anyways. There's just no reason to change it right now.

That is not misuse.

This.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
I keep thinking about a certain scenario and I guess I want to see/hear how good or ridiculous it could be.

Said scenario is that these "baby" Hawks both make the playoffs and wind up having both Dach and Toews back for the playoffs.

We keep discussing how we fit in all these centers....what if we move Toews to Dachs wing with Kubalik on the other side? He did previously play wing for the Olympic team.

I know blasphemous, but Toews can still take the big dzone draws and Kirby can do the heavy lifting covering the ice and such. Given Toews stated issues, if he can even make a come back, perhaps this could ease his load and allow him to be more effective and it would allow us to keep our other lines mostly intact.

Maybe we have our next "Hossa" already.

I dunno, just a thought that I don't believe I've seen tossed around here yet.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I keep thinking about a certain scenario and I guess I want to see/hear how good or ridiculous it could be.

Said scenario is that these "baby" Hawks both make the playoffs and wind up having both Dach and Toews back for the playoffs.

We keep discussing how we fit in all these centers....what if we move Toews to Dachs wing with Kubalik on the other side? He did previously play wing for the Olympic team.

I know blasphemous, but Toews can still take the big dzone draws and Kirby can do the heavy lifting covering the ice and such. Given Toews stated issues, if he can even make a come back, perhaps this could ease his load and allow him to be more effective and it would allow us to keep our other lines mostly intact.

I brought a similar idea up during the off-season, I wouldn’t be opposed to it. I think in general though, most people hate the idea.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Wouldn’t bother me

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Powers & Lazerus ($): What we're hearing about the Blackhawks a month out from the trade deadline

- trade activity across the league expected to be down
- Hawks expected to be pretty quiet
- Hawks may weaponize cap space. L. Eriksson was mentioned, but that would be an offseason move, most likely
- Hawks are out on Zhafyarov now
- Shalunov (lol) is a possibilty, but not 'til the offseason

Last edited:
Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad