Prospect Info: 2020-21 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Any news on if there will be a season, now that the NHL has worked things out?
They have always planned to have a season, February 5 is the announced start up date.

How it will work or be effected by the NHL expanded rosters, Canadian division teams with US AHL affiliates, it’s economic feasibility without gate revenue etc hasn’t been discussed publicly so who knows.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Interesting how devils will organise training. Will they train both squads together? I understand that there are requirements and obligations to move from one league to another, but such proximity can help in speeding up the introduction of a player to a new training schedule.

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Carolina is dual affiliating with Tampa Bay in Syracuse.

St. Louis is dual affiliating with Vancouver in Utica.

That would be Florida with Tampa. I was surprised to learn that Carolina moved their AHL affiliate to Chicago and Florida took over the Charlotte Checkers affiliate. Not sure why Carolina would do that - I saw a Checkers game last season and it was great. My brother-in-law is a huge Canes fan that lives in the Charlotte area by will drive a few hours to attend games in Raleigh. Also makes more sense that a team such as Florida would opt-out of having a team for their AHL affiliate. A bit surprised St. Louis and Nashville opted out as well.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
That would be Florida with Tampa. I was surprised to learn that Carolina moved their AHL affiliate to Chicago and Florida took over the Charlotte Checkers affiliate. Not sure why Carolina would do that - I saw a Checkers game last season and it was great. My brother-in-law is a huge Canes fan that lives in the Charlotte area by will drive a few hours to attend games in Raleigh. Also makes more sense that a team such as Florida would opt-out of having a team for their AHL affiliate. A bit surprised St. Louis and Nashville opted out as well.
Yep. Forgot about that.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Carolina is dual affiliating with Tampa Bay in Syracuse.

St. Louis is dual affiliating with Vancouver in Utica.

Is this a money thing since the NHL teams have to support their AHL affiliate this season?

I tried to figure out the AHL team musical chairs earlier this off-season and gave up figuring I’d wait until the dust settled lol.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I hope they hit the ground running. Covid cutting that amazing run they were having short sucked so much.

I think people forgot how white hot Bing was. Adding a couple of very big boys on the blue line this season too.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I hope they hit the ground running. Covid cutting that amazing run they were having short sucked so much.

I think people forgot how white hot Bing was. Adding a couple of very big boys on the blue line this season too.

By the back half of the AHL schedule you have to think that Smith Bahl and Okhotyuk will be a formidable AHL left side defense

Reactions: nugg

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
By the back half of the AHL schedule you have to think that Smith Bahl and Okhotyuk will be a formidable AHL left side defense
Sprinkle on vets like Jacobs and Tennyson on the right side with guys like Walsh and Quenneville and their defense should be pretty darn solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad