Prospect Info: 2020-21 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I don't see how there can be an AHL season under the current conditions. I recognize that season will take place 6 months from now, but the infection rate is still way too close to 1 and has shown little sign of abating.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Might as well be soccer-like and loan these guys out so they can play.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Is Boqvist expected to play in the Allsvenskan or elsewhere overseas pending the start of the next season here in NA? Or has it been all quiet?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'm happy to have Quest, er...Seney back in the fold. He's developed into a good AHL player and who knows, maybe with the right line mates could work in a fourth line NHL role. If he stays in the AHL this season and if there is a season he should continue to transition to an AHL vet that can show the younger guys what they need to do to be successful. I would expect a guy that is smaller and not an exceptional skater to work hard at his craft to get as far as Seney has gotten and that can be a strong leader by example.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
What are some people thoughts on Colton White? Is he ready for promotion to NHL as a 7th/8th defenseman in case of injuries?

With Mirco Mueller not qualified and Ryan Murray injury prone, we may see White play more in NJ next season.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I want White to be good but he simply has not been - among defensemen on the ice for at least 100 minutes over the last 2 seasons, White ranks dead last in shots for/against and it isn't even close. Now I don't think he's that bad, but he's been really, really bad in his time here.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Assuming the NHL realigns their conferences and goes to a hub city model, just have the AHL teams go to the hubs and play their games with their NHL affiliates. Like if the Devils and Rangers are playing a game, Hartford and Binghampton are also in the hub and play each other right before or right after the NHL game.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Assuming the NHL realigns their conferences and goes to a hub city model, just have the AHL teams go to the hubs and play their games with their NHL affiliates. Like if the Devils and Rangers are playing a game, Hartford and Binghampton are also in the hub and play each other right before or right after the NHL game.

This might have something to do with who is paying the players and expenses. Are there any AHL clubs that have local ownership in whole or in part? If so, who pays the players? I could see this work if the NHL teams pay all the expenses.

Reactions: Blackjack

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
This might have something to do with who is paying the players and expenses. Are there any AHL clubs that have local ownership in whole or in part? If so, who pays the players? I could see this work if the NHL teams pay all the expenses.

I think they're gonna lose a whole bunch of money either way. You're right that they'll probably have to come up with some agreement with the AHL club owners, but hopefully it can be negotiated at the league level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad