S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Why, you don't like the name or because of the law? There is absolutely no trademark on names like Griffins, Kraken, Zeus, or Archimedes so the bar isn't winning anything or will ever come close to winning in the lawsuit. It's all publicity and nothing else.
I think it’s that they’re opening a restaurant in or near the stadium with the exact same name as that restaurant. Which is fair.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think it’s that they’re opening a restaurant in or near the stadium with the exact same name as that restaurant. Which is fair.
Ah okay, I thought it was the team name itself. I still don't know if they have a case because McDonald's can't sue other family run restaurants with the same last surname as it's not trademark (if my Wikipedia law is serving me right). But the team doesn't really need to name the bar the same name as the team, you already decided on a ridiculous name like the Kraken so why not just play with that and call the bar The Black Pearl, Jolly Roger, Treasure Cove, or Davy Jones Locker. Kind of like how Vegas has their team store called the Armoury and their practice rink as the Fortress. All ridiculous lol.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Ah okay, I thought it was the team name itself. I still don't know if they have a case because McDonald's can't sue other family run restaurants with the same last surname as it's not trademark (if my Wikipedia law is serving me right). But the team doesn't really need to name the bar the same name as the team, you already decided on a ridiculous name like the Kraken so why not just play with that and call the bar The Black Pearl, Jolly Roger, Treasure Cove, or Davy Jones Locker. Kind of like how Vegas has their team store called the Armoury and their practice rink as the Fortress. All ridiculous lol.

Headless Medusa

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
That covid break may have screwed the Avs and their chance of winning the division. After tonight Wild are only gonna be one point back and Vegas gonna be 4 points ahead. Avs will have 2 games in hand on both though. Gotta beat the Blues on Monday and beat Vegas the next game, then they should be back on top

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Schedule.

The Avs are in their tough stretch right now. After the next two games, they play 8 of their last 9 games against LA and San Jose.
And I think if the Avs win their next two games, regulation win preferably against Vegas, I think they'll take the division. Not guaranteed or anything, but their chances will be a lot better than if they lose the next two or even one of the next two

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Who cares. Get in healthy and torch whoever you play in the playoffs
This...

This year specially, I dont care about division titles or anything like that. It's stupid divisions anyway. Home ice probably won't mean that much this year also with arenas not being full

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Minny is overperforming like crazy. The roster is nowhere near Vegas or the Avs but their record is almost the same.

Pretty damn good for a team with no PPG players and one of the worst center situations in the league.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Martin Jones is so, so bad. Has to be the worst starter in the NHL by a country mile. He may not cost Boughner his job, but if Wilson gets axed, that’ll be the biggest reason why.

Saw the Sharks “highlights” and I saw that Avs legend Greg Pateryn was on the ice for at least one goal against. It was a 2-on-1 so it’s not like he had much of a shot to stop it, especially with the NHL equivalent of the Maginot Line behind him.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I'd get off the high horse. 5-3 is hardly a dominant series win . We're talking a couple bounces and the series is split. The Wild have had a great season. Just as impressive as the Avs if not more so considering the rosters. It would be a competitive playoff series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad