2020-21 Around the League part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Big 3rd period coming up. If LA can hang on we'd only be 3 points behind Vegas with equal games played.

They will then play a rested Blues team tomorrow on the 2nd night of a b2b which could be a difficult game.

If LA hang on and Blues win tomorrow, and Avs take care of business against Arizona x2 we'd ride an 8 game winning streak into the Vegas games 1 point ahead (albeit 1 GP more).
First of four results required for us to leapfrog Vegas by the time we play them. Best part is that it's not even all that unrealistic either. Blues are in a dogfight with LA and will be hungry against a Vegas team coming off a close game in LA the night before. And the way the Avs are playing you wouldn't bet against them vs Arizona (though some allowance needs to be made if Grubauer is rested).

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Well that’s a valid point. Guess I can thank Fedor Tyutin, Mikey Grigorenko, Joe Colborne, and Francois Beauchemin for Cale Makar. But I’m not going to.

That was a more direct trade though. The difference in performance between Anderson and Elliott after the trade was the difference in draft position between the two teams.

Basically the trade was Anderson + Zibanejad for Elliott + Landeskog.

Reactions: Pokecheque

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
People keep saying that, but when I asked a Kings fan about it I was told that Carter never said that.
It was reported by Bob McKenzie last deadline I think? I definitely trust McKenzie but it could also be false. I’d definitely be interested though if he’s open to a trade.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Carter looks like he doesn't give a **** anymore and wants to ride off into the sunset playing in California. What reason does he have to leave? He's got his money, he's got his 2 Stanley Cups, and he's got the beautiful city of Los Angeles.

Absolutely zero reason for him to want out of Los Angeles. We already saw the stink he'd cause once when he was traded to Columbus, you don't want that happening here. Not that we're Columbus, but I doubt he'd be happy about the move from L.A.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Carter looks like he doesn't give a **** anymore and wants to ride off into the sunset playing in California. What reason does he have to leave? He's got his money, he's got his 2 Stanley Cups, and he's got the beautiful city of Los Angeles.

Absolutely zero reason for him to want out of Los Angeles. We already saw the stink he'd cause once when he was traded to Columbus, you don't want that happening here. Not that we're Columbus, but I doubt he'd be happy about the move from L.A.

Man as someone who lives in Los Angeles let me tell you it's the furthest thing from beautiful and I'm even in a nice area on the west side in Santa Monica. Especially in the pandemic it's homeless tents setup everywhere even in touristy locations, it pretty much constantly smells like human piss everywhere you go, the traffic is still just as shitty as it was pre-pandemic and the smog is terrible. Can't even enjoy any of the beaches here without going north or south about 45 minutes or more because it's riddled with tourists and trash, even the "private" beaches.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Man as someone who lives in Los Angeles let me tell you it's the furthest thing from beautiful and I'm even in a nice area on the west side in Santa Monica. Especially in the pandemic it's homeless tents setup everywhere even in touristy locations, it pretty much constantly smells like human piss everywhere you go, the traffic is still just as shitty as it was pre-pandemic and the smog is terrible. Can't even enjoy any of the beaches here without going north or south about 45 minutes or more because it's riddled with tourists and trash, even the "private" beaches.

Yeah, I thought about mentioning this but didn’t want to start a whole thing. I’ve heard a lot of people are leaving. I think it came up when Leinart was in the news recently.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't doubt that, but the city itself is fantastic to live in if you're amongst the wealthy and Jeff Carter is certainly that.

It's the same thing with NYC. Living in Manhattan smells like you're living in a garbage dump, but it's still an incredible place to live - albeit expensive as ****.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
What’s wrong with DAL?

Take your pick:
  • A compressed schedule due to starting the season late.
  • A historical and disruptive power outage in the middle of winter.
  • Injuries to Seguin (O GP), Radulov (missed 17 games so far), and Hintz (missed 9 games).
  • A bad season from Khudobin (only 0.909 sv%).
  • Regression by Heiskanen and Gurianov.
They are still putting up good possession numbers and playing decently defensively, but the combination of injuries to their goalscoring forwards, poor goaltending, and sophomore slumps have created a perfect storm, especially combined with the off-ice distractions.

Reactions: UncleRisto

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I can’t believe there are still some people debating Hughes and Makar on here and twitter and stuff. I probably had my homer glasses on but I never thought it was that close to begin with watching the two. The only aspect Hughes is better than Makar is on the PP.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I kinda feel like the division titles this year should be handed out after the 2nd round. Feels weird to have a division champ named then have a divisional playoff right after.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Take your pick:
  • A compressed schedule due to starting the season late.
  • A historical and disruptive power outage in the middle of winter.
  • Injuries to Seguin (O GP), Radulov (missed 17 games so far), and Hintz (missed 9 games).
  • A bad season from Khudobin (only 0.909 sv%).
  • Regression by Heiskanen and Gurianov.
They are still putting up good possession numbers and playing decently defensively, but the combination of injuries to their goalscoring forwards, poor goaltending, and sophomore slumps have created a perfect storm, especially combined with the off-ice distractions.
Thanks. Still looks like they could right the ship then. It is still something to be in a slump for half a season.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I can’t believe there are still some people debating Hughes and Makar on here and twitter and stuff. I probably had my homer glasses on but I never thought it was that close to begin with watching the two. The only aspect Hughes is better than Makar is on the PP.
I watched both games over the weekend against the Avs and there is no comparison possible. One is a game changer and the other is not.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Thanks. Still looks like they could right the ship then. It is still something to be in a slump for half a season.
They're 5 points back of CBus and Chicago for 4th currently. CBus is playing a little better lately, but Chicago is dropping like a rock. The Preds are currently ahead of them by a point, but Nashville is littered with injuries now (Josi, Duchene, and Ellis all on IR).

Despite all that, Dallas has won only 4 of last 12, and 6 of their next 8 are vs. Tampa ×2, Florida ×2, and Carolina ×2. They could be out of it for good by the end of next week, if CBus picks up just 3 or 4 points on them in the standings.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
One of the better value picks in Avs history.

Yep, and it still kinda irritates me that he wasted a whole bunch of prime years with an Avs team that was purposely not trying.

I've had a soft spot for Dater over the years but few things annoyed me more than his constant ragging on Stazz and his contract. He was not the problem--the crappy team around him was.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Just noticed that Kerfoot is centering Thornton and Spezza. Kerfoot couldn't have put himself in a better situation to have better mentors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad