2020-21 Around the League Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Fixed that for you.

Our bottom 9 has zero 5v5 goals in 5 games.

Yeah but they aren't trash....they just have a rough start.

Canucks are a different animal...they got bailed out by their goalie last year which created an illusion of them being a good team.

Reactions: Richard88

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The DOPS didn't do anything to Myers for the hit on Armia so this had to happen I guess...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The DOPS didn't do anything to Myers for the hit on Armia so this had to happen I guess...

Stupid to me because these two are friends, it was even mentioned on air that they train together in the summer. They probably texted one another about the "fight" pre-game.

I don't mind it, but I think the DoPS dropped the ball not suspending Myers. Get that hit out of the game.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Stupid to me because these two are friends, it was even mentioned on air that they train together in the summer. They probably texted one another about the "fight" pre-game.

I don't mind it, but I think the DoPS dropped the ball not suspending Myers. Get that hit out of the game.

They spoke to each other during the warmup.

I don't mind "the code" and I like fights as much as the next guy but a pre-arranged fight in a building without fans was a bit cringe.

Reactions: Richard88

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-1-23_23-13-33.png

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I thought it's because that cannon after goals in Columbus was too loud for PLD

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I know, good for him. Does not change they fact that he looked drunk. Maybe that jump starts him.

BTW the Nucks are gift wrapping the game for the Habs. Carrying the play but shooting themselves in the foot at the same time.
I underestimated the Habs in this div. They look like the best team so far. Not saying to much I know haha

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Friedman said several times before the trade that Torts wasn’t the issue.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So what was the problem then? Beside of his stumbling to find some words?
He didn't say it directly but it sounded like he got cold feet at the thought of committing to stay there long term.

He was very emotional in the interview I think him being painted as the bad guy during the last couple of days got to him hard.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I also find it a bit unfair that the guy is being seen as a bumbling/stuttering speaker when he's giving an interview over a video call about a trade that just happened mere hours ago and in his second language.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He didn't say it directly but it sounded like he got cold feet at the thought of committing to stay there long term.

He was very emotional in the interview I think him being painted as the bad guy during the last couple of days got to him hard.
I think these players happen once to every team in the league (we just went through our own with Duchene and a smaller degree to Stastny/O'Reilly), but Columbus has gotten a really unfair shake of the hands considering Dubois is like their fifth for a sports club with barely twenty year history.

Reactions: McMetal

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I also find it a bit unfair that the guy is being seen as a bumbling/stuttering speaker when he's giving an interview over a video call about a trade that just happened mere hours ago and in his second language.

FWIW some people on reddit believe that the fact that Jones, Werenski and other players in that locker room are apparently "deep into QAnon stuff" could be a major reason.

As sad as it is, I could see political stuff breaking locker rooms. Especially when it goes to the extreme on one side or the other.

Edit: It's likely unrelated though. People saw Jones and Werenski "liking" many Trump and QAnon stuff on Twitter over time and just supposed that it could be the reason why PLD wanted to leave.

Last edited:

R2daV

Apr 8, 2018
I underestimated the Habs in this div. They look like the best team so far. Not saying to much I know haha
Me too. Their defence doesn’t impress on paper but it’s actually a pretty solid group and they play well together.
In a division where most of the teams try to outscore you, they may have the best recipe for success

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Me too. Their defence doesn’t impress on paper but it’s actually a pretty solid group and they play well together.

This is an old school defense; all big guys who are looking to pass first and won't skate with the puck unless they have to. It wouldn't work with the Avs but it works very well with their style. The advantage is they rarely get caught off guard in the defensive zone and they never get overwhelmed physically.

Reactions: R2daV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad