Speculation: 2020-2021 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
R9a3354c773e33383b627513297819361.jpg
Do you miss the pacific division? now Pavel bure is playing with Ottawa. you are in the wrong division Sharks!! Please send a message to the league, you must come to the canadian division. We miss you very much. Chow chow.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I get that part but what do you actually give up for him.

Honestly, the Sharks might as well find someone else to rack up pm's with kane
Definitely like him for the 3rd line if you can move Gamby & a 5th? Maybe a 4th? No idea what the value of that pick should be. Maybe move a different young player now that Gamby has apparently decided to be effective. Bennett is an upgrade over everyone in the bottom 6 other than Meier. Maybe Timo Bennett & Gamby together. That sounds like a useable 3rd line. Sheng article today about Gamby... he's actually playing incredibly well despite not getting points.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Would love to see Bennett on the team. I think CGY totally bungled his development. Not saying the Sharks would be able to turn his career around, but hell, what do they have to lose this year? If he stinks he's just helping the tank. If he's good we found a gem.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Would love to see Bennett on the team. I think CGY totally bungled his development. Not saying the Sharks would be able to turn his career around, but hell, what do they have to lose this year? If he stinks he's just helping the tank. If he's good we found a gem.

They stand to lose whatever asset they pay for him and whatever camaraderie is left in an already shaky locker room by acquiring a player who targeted and intentionally concussed one of our own. I’d stay away regardless of the price.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
They stand to lose whatever asset they pay for him and whatever camaraderie is left in an already shaky locker room by acquiring a player who targeted and intentionally concussed one of our own. I’d stay away regardless of the price.
I mean Vlasic targeted Karlsson and Karlsson still re-signed here. I think fans think there is a lot more beef than there actually is with stuff that happens on the ice. At the end of the day they play a game for a living and tempers can run hot mid game.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I don't think the locker room stuff is anything to worry about. If they want more than a 3rd or a prospect that isn't going to be anything meaningful, he's not worth it. Bennett so far is a 3rd liner at best who does well in the playoffs but he's wildly inconsistent during the regular season.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I mean Vlasic targeted Karlsson and Karlsson still re-signed here. I think fans think there is a lot more beef than there actually is with stuff that happens on the ice. At the end of the day they play a game for a living and tempers can run hot mid game.

Vlasic didn't intentionally concuss Karlsson at the end of a rout and Bennett isn't good enough to try and put aside something like that the way that Karlsson was.

Reactions: tiburon12

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Vlasic didn't intentionally concuss Karlsson at the end of a rout and Bennett isn't good enough to try and put aside something like that the way that Karlsson was.

No he just tried to take his head off with a slash. That is perfectly fine.

And it is also not just vlasic that has done something dirty to karlsson that is on the team as of the signing and trade. Kane also tried to take his head off with an elbow when kane was with the jets.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Yeah but Simek isn't good enough to worry about something like that either. I think they'd hash it out and move forward together. That sort of stuff is pretty normal.

Reactions: STL Shark

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Yeah but Simek isn't good enough to worry about something like that either. I think they'd hash it out and move forward together. That sort of stuff is pretty normal.
Especially when Simek is likely going to be gone this offseason anyway in expansion.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
You know this how...?
The team welcomed in Torres and clearly played better with him even after he destroyed Michalek and blew out Jumbo's shoulder. Lot's of guys still on the team with Torres that played against him in those other 2 instances. Jody Shelley did some horrid things to Sharks players (Stuart?) prior to becoming a Shark. From what I've read Shelley was well liked as a teammate too. I kinda get where this fan hate comes from but when you actually play a team sport it changes things. I've played against plenty of people who I hated with a passion and then we became really good friends after we ended up on the same team together. All this is just fan base over reaction.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
You know this how...?

The team welcomed in Torres and clearly played better with him even after he destroyed Michalek and blew out Jumbo's shoulder. Lot's of guys still on the team with Torres that played against him in those other 2 instances. Jody Shelley did some horrid things to Sharks players (Stuart?) prior to becoming a Shark. From what I've read Shelley was well liked as a teammate too. I kinda get where this fan hate comes from but when you actually play a team sport it changes things. I've played against plenty of people who I hated with a passion and then we became really good friends after we ended up on the same team together. All this is just fan base over reaction.

Dillon a few years ago got into a fight a few years ago defending a bad hit against a shark team mate and when both of them finished and skated to the box they were making plans for the offseason to work on there cardio.

Sure there are the odd players that hate each other on and off the ice. But the majority of the players once that jersey comes off the hate goes away.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Dillon a few years ago got into a fight a few years ago defending a bad hit against a shark team mate and when both of them finished and skated to the box they were making plans for the offseason to work on there cardio.

Sure there are the odd players that hate each other on and off the ice. But the majority of the players once that jersey comes off the hate goes away.
Yup. I'm sure there's a few guys that will never forgive or forget somethings but overall what happens in the game stays in the game. I was once talking to Maley about the Sharks after they got Granato and he said he hoped to never see him again. Hated him with a passion after Granato cross checked him in the face unprovoked. Boyle has mentioned on occasion his continued hate for that POS from Vancouver who knocked him out in that scary hit. The cheap shot guys are the ones who players actually hate. Guys that are clearly trying to hurt people every time they get on the ice. Sometimes these hits are more physics related than intentional.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yup. I'm sure there's a few guys that will never forgive or forget somethings but overall what happens in the game stays in the game. I was once talking to Maley about the Sharks after they got Granato and he said he hoped to never see him again. Hated him with a passion after Granato cross checked him in the face unprovoked. Boyle has mentioned on occasion his continued hate for that POS from Vancouver who knocked him out in that scary hit. The cheap shot guys are the ones who players actually hate. Guys that are clearly trying to hurt people every time they get on the ice. Sometimes these hits are more physics related than intentional.

Bennett's hit was as much of an intentional cheap shot as one can throw.

As for how I know he's not good enough to bother getting over it, he's 24 years old and he sucks. Simple stuff.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Bennett's hit was as much of an intentional cheap shot as one can throw.

As for how I know he's not good enough to bother getting over it, he's 24 years old and he sucks. Simple stuff.
Wait... you're basing his ability to get over it on how good he can hockey? :laugh: I totally thought you were referring to how good of a person he is. Your intended premise is worse... But whatever, I don't think can know if the team would accept him or not or if he can "get over it".

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

Yeah. Perry cheapshot'd a number of Sharks over the years but he and Couture are like bffs off-the-ice. Assumed he got along just fine with Pavelski last year too.

What does this even mean?
EDIT: saw your new post, that makes more sense.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Wait... you're basing his ability to get over it on how good he can hockey? :laugh: I totally thought you were referring to how good of a person he is. Your intended premise is worse... But whatever, I don't think can know if the team would accept him or not or if he can "get over it".

I’m saying he’s not good enough at hockey for it to be worth getting over. Karlsson was.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I’m saying he’s not good enough at hockey for it to be worth getting over. Karlsson was.

Jody Shelley wasn't good enough for it either but the team did when they brought him in. This is pretty common stuff even among players acquired that suck like Bennett. I don't think that's a real issue to be concerned with when acquiring anyone honestly especially for a team that brought in guys like Shelley and Torres and Marchment in its past.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
So it's just whether the fan base can get over it? Ok, that's fine but still means nothing to the actual organization. If DW asks Simek and Simek is fine with the guy (majority of the time, they let this stuff go) then DW would add him. I doubt they add him anyway though so the point is probably moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad