Speculation: 2020-2021: Sharks Roster Discussion Part 4 - Still Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Since there have been rumors that Marleau will be back, and we know Thornton has a job if he wants one, the Sharks lineup is going to look like this:

Kane-Couture-Meier
Donato-Hertl-Labanc
Sorensen-Thornton-Gambrell
Marleau-Kjellman/Handemark-Noesen

Vlasic-Karlsson
Ferraro-Burns
Simek-Merkley/UFA
Middleton

Jones
Dubnyk

1. I don’t see any room for young players like Leonard, Gregor, Blichfeld, etc., unless they don’t sign Marleau or Thornton.

2. It’s depressing to look at.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
It is hard not to look at someone like Bowman and appreciate the sort of ruthlessness he has with his players. He isn't looking to be loved...

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Since there have been rumors that Marleau will be back, and we know Thornton has a job if he wants one, the Sharks lineup is going to look like this:

Kane-Couture-Meier
Donato-Hertl-Labanc

Vlasic-Karlsson
Ferraro-Burns
Simek-Merkley/UFA
Middleton

Jones
Dubnyk

1. I don’t see any room for young players like Leonard, Gregor, Blichfeld, etc., unless they don’t sign Marleau or Thornton.

I just can’t see Gregor not making the squad the way he played last season under Boughner.

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
We are not tanking next season, we are definitely not competing for SC, we haven’t ton of draft picks, we just have 2 holes in the net, ridiculous top 6, one or two great, but 40+ players and no cap space. How the hell it’s even possible? The only word I can say is stagnation.

Reactions: Reggae Shark

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I just can’t see Gregor not making the squad the way he played last season under Boughner.

Kane-Couture-Meier
Donato-Hertl-Labanc

Vlasic-Karlsson
Ferraro-Burns
Simek-Merkley/UFA
Middleton

Jones
Dubnyk

Good first line, very questionable 2nd line, atrocious third line, solid fourth line. Karlsson and Burns are going to have to do the heavy lifting.

Someone like Strome (either one) would really help cement that bottom-6. Of course, if they still want some veteran depth on defense, they’d have to go cheap. Anyone else find it interesting that DW never thanked Tim Heed (as he did Karlsson and Dell)?

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Good first line, very questionable 2nd line, atrocious third line, solid fourth line. Karlsson and Burns are going to have to do the heavy lifting.

Someone like Strome (either one) would really help cement that bottom-6. Of course, if they still want some veteran depth on defense, they’d have to go cheap. Anyone else find it interesting that DW never thanked Tim Heed (as he did Karlsson and Dell)?

Not really, both of them did far more than Heed ever did here. I'm surprised Heed stuck around as long as he did.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I don’t think that’s quite the right top 6.

I’d go:

Kane - Couture - Labanc
Donato - Hertl - Meier

If the 4 top-6 players play to their ability and not like garbage, it shouldn’t be AWFUL.

Then:

Gregor - Thornton - Gambrell
Marleau - Suomela/Kellman/True/Noesen

If Donato isn’t working in the top 6 I’d give him to Joe and see how Gregor did up with Hertl.

My big issue with our Top 6 is that basically it’s all shooters. Labanc is essentially the only playmaker.

It’s so frustrating looking at that lineup because they really are one Top-6 from being pretty good.

If it was:

Kane - Couture - Killhorn
Meier - Hertl - Labanc
Gregor - Thornton - Donato
Marleau - Gambrell/Suomela/Kellman - Noesen

that’s actually a pretty good team. It feels balanced, and with our talent on defense could do some damage... but.. Doug oh Doug.

Reactions: ktice

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
If DW will make one or two miracle trades to get rid of at least one huge contract and let us sign/get one top six F it will get reverse situation.
Otherwise next season will be just wasted. We gotta hope that:
- Bougner’s system will be successful;
- our goalies will comeback to their best seasons;
- Merkley, Pasichnuk, Leonard or any other prospects will break out training camp to fill that holes in line up like Ferraro did;
- EK65 will be his best version after recovery and Bougner with Thompson will find the way to play PP with both Burns and Erik.
And of course DW must trade Sorensen and Gambrell, our F full of soft and bad defensively players.
Edit: Why you guys ignore Handemark in your possible line ups? He is great C for the 4th line. We don’t know how he will adapt to NHL but he looks like he will be OK.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Kane-Couture-Meier
Donato-Hertl-Labanc

Vlasic-Karlsson
Ferraro-Burns
Simek-Merkley/UFA
Middleton

Jones
Dubnyk

There's no way anyone will play Sorensen ahead of Marleau. I also don't see Gambrell winning a spot in the lineup over what's here. Honestly, I think they'll play Noesen over Gambrell.

Reactions: themelkman

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Now that I’ve had a little time to think about what I want the roster to be. I got a few things I’ve decided

1. Trade Sorensen to whoever will take him for a contract we can bury or a pick
  2. Sign Dominik Kahun 1 year at 1.5
  3. Sign Jan Rutta 1 year at 1M
  4. Sign Joe Thornton 1 year at 1M

Meier-Couture-Kahun
Kane-Hertl-Labanc
Donato-Thornton-Gregor
Kellman-Handemark-Noesen
True, Bergmann

Vlasic-EK
Simek-Burns
Ferraro-Rutta
Middleton

Jones
Dubnyk

Leaves us with about 1M in cap space so even if we can’t move Sorensen he can be in Bergmann’s spot if we can’t move him

Reactions: themelkman

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011

1553412090329.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad