Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Senators Prospect Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salva Mea

Apr 4, 2018
stone-bran trade kill us... look at RW situation whole liga..

we have best D prospects ... very good LWs... if stutzle will b C.. also c no problem..

but RW.. only bath :>...

we lost one of the best RW, leader and no old player :(

it was very bad trade after all.. for our organization and future.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If Jarventie goes near PPG in Liiga then that's very, very promising.

if he does that it would be legitimate top 10 pick production. great start so far

im a fan of taking these late year birthdays as long as the skill is there. They seem to explode a lot.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Lots of possible good combinations with a future team now:

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson
Formenton - Norris - Guenther (2021 draft)
Jarventi - L. Brown - Sokolov
Paul - Kastelic - Pinto

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Thomson
Kleven - Schmidt (2021 draft)

Murray - Hogberg/Daccord

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He was born there!

One of the more hyped Finish prospects of the past 10 years. Honestly, not a terrible comparison for Jarventie. Big, highly skilled, great shot, needs to improve skating.

Armia is also not a bad comparison (very useful player on a 3rd line) but haven't seen anywhere through reports and videos that Jarventie needs to improve skating

Roby Jarventie Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #67

Skating

Jarventie is an excellent skater. He has a powerful stride and generates excellent speed. His first step is very quick and his acceleration is excellent. Jarventie uses his ability to change speeds as a weapon off the rush. He can take a defender wide and cut to the net. Jarventie also has outstanding edgework. His ability to change directions and make quick cuts makes him tough to defend both with and without the puck. He is also strong on his skates. He can fight through checks and take the puck to the net. Jarventie also has good balance. He can fight for the puck in the corners and in front of the net.

https://thehockeywriters.com/roby-jarventie-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Strengths

• Excellent shot.
  • Incredibly fast for his size.
  • Has a great passing IQ.
  • Overall great offensive toolkits.

It seems to be his game without the puck that will have to improve if he wants to become a NHLer.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Armia is also not a bad comparison (very useful player on a 3rd line) but haven't seen anywhere through reports and videos that Jarventie needs to improve skating

Roby Jarventie Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #67

Skating

Jarventie is an excellent skater. He has a powerful stride and generates excellent speed. His first step is very quick and his acceleration is excellent. Jarventie uses his ability to change speeds as a weapon off the rush. He can take a defender wide and cut to the net. Jarventie also has outstanding edgework. His ability to change directions and make quick cuts makes him tough to defend both with and without the puck. He is also strong on his skates. He can fight through checks and take the puck to the net. Jarventie also has good balance. He can fight for the puck in the corners and in front of the net.

https://thehockeywriters.com/roby-jarventie-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Strengths

• Excellent shot.
  • Incredibly fast for his size.
  • Has a great passing IQ.
  • Overall great offensive toolkits.

It seems to be his game without the puck that will have to improve if he wants to become a NHLer.

Agreed. Jarventie has a great stride and when he matures should be a very powerful skater.

I've said it before but I just see Zibanejad (in terms of style) when I watch highlights of this kid. I think he could be huge, fast and have one hell of a shot. I love this pick and wish we made more picks like this. I think he has top line potential.

Reactions: Xspyrit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He sounded like a number of people on hear crying about the lack of skill all the time & then tells us about the three goal scorers the Sens picked up after the 1st rd. THREE besides Stutzle. Only time will tell if this draft turns into a complete disaster or if a few of these guys turn into diamonds in the rough, but IMO the team got better.

The future looks bright IMO with the additions of Stutzle, Sanderson, Kleven, Sokolov, Jarventie & adding a #1 goalie in Murray. And then they still have their 2021 #1 pick & 3 2nd rd picks coming next draft. I think they improved the bottom of the order substantially with this draft as well as their complete future left side on D. I guess people can either choose to see the benefits these players add or not.

Reactions: Tuna99

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
https://thehockeywriters.com/senators-2020-draft-jarventie-kleven-sokolov-merilainen/

Anyone else stopped reading after this?

"So, instead of grabbing boom-or-bust prospects, they went for safer, more established players who mostly have a shot at becoming depth players in the NHL"

I mean, Jarventie, Kleven and Sokolov are pretty much boom or bust prospects, none has a limited ceiling at the moment, and none has a "safe floor"

Heck, you could even argue that with the goalie in 3rd round, they are looking for another boom prospect, even though they didn't need depht in the goalie pipeline and made a reach to get this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad