Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Senators Prospect Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Somethings never change

Of course it has changed, ..... a little, ..... right? Let's stop beating ourselves up because the team has sucked for a number of yrs, at least we are not the stinking Leafs. I remember going to see a number of those games in the early days, one thing I will say for Rick Bowness is that he had a very tough team with Huard, Kyte & Batherson's uncle, Dennis Vial, they were no pushovers.

Ottawa has had some great regular season success & has gone to the Conference & SC finals a few times, it wasn't a complete disaster. After the next two drafts Ottawa could build a pretty good team, let's look forward rather than back since that is somewhat painful for some. Of course, if they don't draft the guys I want I'm quite prepared to shit all over them ..... again. hahaha

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That looks like a rec league.
Yeah it’s preseason in the Allsvenskan, not much competition there as of now.

Great league for finding 17/18 year olds for the draft, but when they don’t move up to the SEL at 19 it’s usually not a good sign. Hopefully Lodin can have a better season there than last year. Will need to see him at the SEL level again to see how he’s fairing.

Still a big waste of a pick, 21 years old and finding himself in the bottom 6 in the Allsvenskn.

Another year where Dahlen will walk all over the league, too bad he doesn’t seem to want to play in a better league, he’s happy being the big fish in the little pond in Timra.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Liiga is still in preseason. Some players on Ilves have played 13 games
Thomson has played 6 .. 1 assist. on the ice for 1 goal for and 3 against in those 6 games. Hard to say until the regular season.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Liiga is still in preseason. Some players on Ilves have played 13 games
Thomson has played 6 .. 1 assist. on the ice for 1 goal for and 3 against in those 6 games. Hard to say until the regular season.

apparently playing a limited roll on the 3rd pair.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Not surprising. They know he will be leaving in a couple of months. At least he’s playing.

That’s one take. The other is if he could help them win they’d take those minutes.

I’m not worried about him, but let’s be realistic. If you’re on a bottom pairing in Finland you aren’t close to Impact NHL minutes

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That’s one take. The other is if he could help them win they’d take those minutes.

I’m not worried about him, but let’s be realistic. If you’re on a bottom pairing in Finland you aren’t close to Impact NHL minutes
You think they are concerned about putting winning first in preseaon?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

That’s not true at all, actually. Plenty of players play limited roles in Europe before coming over to the nhl. But he will be in the AHL regardless (if they play)

Reactions: Tuna99

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
You think they are concerned about putting winning first in preseaon?

I would think it would be the time to play the kids and see what they can handle. Who knows the right answer but it’s if gets into NHL games this season that would be huge from where he’s at right now

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I would think it would be the time to play the kids and see what they can handle. Who knows the right answer but it’s if gets into NHL games this season that would be huge from where he’s at right now

They might be trying to make decisions on players that will be on their team in 3-4 months....

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
They might be trying to make decisions on players that will be on their team in 3-4 months....

Theres still a chance he will be there... if AHL doesnt open, I'd say its almost definite.

That said, I wouldnt read too much into this. Ilves has a veteran D core, with 4 guys who have played hundreds of games at that level and another couple who have multiple seasons in the league. I am confident he will earn a role.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
It is tough to say but I think we have also been a little spoiled lately as many of our prospects have been playing above expectations and showing big strides. I am not sure we should use that as our benchmark but it is tough to not be a little disappointed that he seems to be treading water rather than excelling.

That said, D take longer...big guys take longer - I am happy to have patience at this point.

I love that we are getting ANY updates these days anyway!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Of course it has changed, ..... a little, ..... right? Let's stop beating ourselves up because the team has sucked for a number of yrs, at least we are not the stinking Leafs. I remember going to see a number of those games in the early days, one thing I will say for Rick Bowness is that he had a very tough team with Huard, Kyte & Batherson's uncle, Dennis Vial, they were no pushovers.

Ottawa has had some great regular season success & has gone to the Conference & SC finals a few times, it wasn't a complete disaster. After the next two drafts Ottawa could build a pretty good team, let's look forward rather than back since that is somewhat painful for some. Of course, if they don't draft the guys I want I'm quite prepared to shit all over them ..... again. hahaha

I remember watching Jim Kyte play one of his first NHL games for the Winnipeg Jets many years ago. One of the opponent team members known for his fighting decided to take Jimmy on. The fight did not last long. I was a very happy Jet fan that evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I remember watching Jim Kyle play one of his first NHL games for the Winnipeg Jets many years ago. One of the opponent team members known for his fighting decided to take Jimmy on. The fight did not last long. I was a very happy Jet fan that evening.
Yep, Jimmy could throw them.

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad