2020/2021 season tickets

LondonKnightsRule

Apr 19, 2018
London Ontario
This is a question for all season ticket holders from other OHL teams. We hear in London have put deposits down with final payment due Nov 1. With the uncertainty of the start of the season or attendance protocol for games if we can go. We have not heard anything. What have others heard from their teams regarding the season ticket holders and payments. Thanks.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I think Windsor had a deposit needed. No need to pay in full till a season is guanteed. No timetable to pay remaining balance.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I believe that most teams are in similar situations where STH's either have to had paid in full or portional amounts of STH renewal prices by now the real limbo topic will certainly revolve around the U. S. based teams and there STH's.

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
This is a question for all season ticket holders from other OHL teams. We hear in London have put deposits down with final payment due Nov 1. With the uncertainty of the start of the season or attendance protocol for games if we can go. We have not heard anything. What have others heard from their teams regarding the season ticket holders and payments. Thanks.

Keep in mind that deadline has been extended numerous times (It's actually November 2nd). I wouldn't be surprised if it were extended again. The team has to be prepared for anything , and they can only act based on the information they have been given. They need to know how many people are actually getting seasons tickets, and a schedule before they can get printed, and they also need to have this information with enough time to have the tickets ready for the start of the season (whenever that is) In a normal season they have a few months to prepare , this season that timeline is shortened considerably.

Here's the thing, if you are planning on getting your tickets, then pay for them. If you're not, then don't. I paid in full for my tickets before the first deadline. If there is no season, or fans are restricted, they will give you a credit based on the actual number of tickets you get.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Keep in mind that deadline has been extended numerous times (It's actually November 2nd). I wouldn't be surprised if it were extended again. The team has to be prepared for anything , and they can only act based on the information they have been given. They need to know how many people are actually getting seasons tickets, and a schedule before they can get printed, and they also need to have this information with enough time to have the tickets ready for the start of the season (whenever that is) In a normal season they have a few months to prepare , this season that timeline is shortened considerably.

Here's the thing, if you are planning on getting your tickets, then pay for them. If you're not, then don't. I paid in full for my tickets before the first deadline. If there is no season, or fans are restricted, they will give you a credit based on the actual number of tickets you get.

A deposit is all thats needed. Dont need to pay in full when something not guaranteed.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
You've obviously never flown anywhere. Or attended an outdoor sporting event.

No guarantees in life son. If the games don't happen the money is refunded.

Iv attended and flown.
Why give money when its not needed.
Only a deposit was required.
Who told u that u were in charge of demading people pay their tix in full?

Otto

Iv attended and flown.
Why give money when its not needed.
Only a deposit was required.
Who told u that u were in charge of demading people pay their tix in full?

See.. the money is needed... it's needed to guarantee your seat. Every time you've flown or attended a live sporting event you have purchased tickets at the day you departed/attended?

I'm not demanding anything. Pay or don't pay. Get your tickets or don't get your tickets. It's quite simple really.

Last edited:

moose311

Dec 30, 2015
Kitchener required a deposit in March and full payment in July. There will be credits for unplayed games (such as the last 3 home games of the 2019-20 season).

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
See.. the money is needed... it's needed to guarantee your seat. Every time you've flown or attended a live sporting event you have purchased tickets at the day you departed/attended?

I'm not demanding anything. Pay or don't pay. Get your tickets or don't get your tickets. It's quite simple really.

For tickets mostly got them the day of.
Seems demanding.....
Let people do what they want

Opinionated

Mar 27, 2014
Kitchener required a deposit in March and full payment in July. There will be credits for unplayed games (such as the last 3 home games of the 2019-20 season).

Relatively the same for Oshawa . . . just slightly different dates.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Being in Windsor you have that ability when the arena is 1/3 full. Some people like to sit in the same seat all the time and need more than 1 ticket

True nobody to blame on ticket sales than the owners in Windsor

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sarnia hasn't asked for a dollar yet. All you had to do is sign a letter stating your intentions to purchase your seat(s) for the upcoming season. They said no money would be due until a schedule is released.

They also sent a survey to STH if they would be willing to re-locate their seats and possibly be interested in doing half season package to help adhere to any COVID guidelines that may come into place.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Sarnia hasn't asked for a dollar yet. All you had to do is sign a letter stating your intentions to purchase your seat(s) for the upcoming season. They said no money would be due until a schedule is released.

They also sent a survey to STH if they would be willing to re-locate their seats and possibly be interested in doing half season package to help adhere to any COVID guidelines that may come into place.

That seems smart.
More teams should look into that.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

To each teams own decision really. It would depend a lot on what kind of deal the teams had with either the cities or building management groups that run the buildings really. A building like the SSEC and the Sting may have come to an agreement that until the OHL gives them further instructions on what will happen to the OHL the team can't pressure STH's to commit to paying for seats.

As for other cities some may want to make sure there are fans committed to the season before hand to ensure that they break even on their revenue for the year. A place like Owen Sound can't survive without fans and further that STHs. Without that guaranteed revenue certain markets wouldn't survive.

The option of running an OHL team without fans for most markets is out of the question.

To put it quite simply No Fans = No Season simple as that even if you only had STH's it will be a struggle for teams but it is possible to weather the losses. In most OHL cities STH's would make close to 50-75% of a teams revenue depending on the city and the other 25% on walkup fans, group sales and corporate companies who pay for private boxes and retail stores purchases. So those of course aren't accurate by any means but that would roughly be pretty close to it but that also is based on arena capacities too.

In Owen Sound the STH capacity is 1,800 in a building that with private boxes holds close to 3,800 so that gives a 2,000 seat window of different sales. Now if you were to look at a place like London or Ottawa or even Hamilton those numbers would be a far bit higher based off arena capacities.

So to sum it up every team is different because every team has completely different challenges to handle in there only buildings if every team had the same arena capacities then that would change the whole outlook on what teams could do about STH's but unfortunately they don't.

Otto

I posted this in the Knights thread as well

[email protected] or call 519-681-0800 x 1 for the options avaiable for you.
Given the informaiton provided by the league today, we have further extended the deadline to Monday, January 11th, 2021.
If you have already submitted your form online for one of the payment plans, the final installment will automatically be updated to January 11th, 2021.
At this time, we have no additional information regarding the upcoming season, however, please watch your email for further details as they become available.
Please contact [email protected] or call 519-681-0800 ext 1 if you require any additional information.
The Aluminum Associates London Knights Armoury and our phone line (519-681-0800 ext 1) are open Monday through Friday 10:00am - 4:00pm.
Thank you for your continued support of the London Knights Hockey Club.
Take care, and stay safe!

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I posted this in the Knights thread as well

[email protected] or call 519-681-0800 x 1 for the options avaiable for you.
Given the informaiton provided by the league today, we have further extended the deadline to Monday, January 11th, 2021.
If you have already submitted your form online for one of the payment plans, the final installment will automatically be updated to January 11th, 2021.
At this time, we have no additional information regarding the upcoming season, however, please watch your email for further details as they become available.
Please contact [email protected] or call 519-681-0800 ext 1 if you require any additional information.
The Aluminum Associates London Knights Armoury and our phone line (519-681-0800 ext 1) are open Monday through Friday 10:00am - 4:00pm.
Thank you for your continued support of the London Knights Hockey Club.
Take care, and stay safe!

Just a big guessing game.
No need to provide money wuth all the uncertainty.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
In North Bay, we haven't been asked to put any money down as of yet. We were told that STH will get first choice to purchase tickets when more is know. There will be no single game tickets sold, only full packages. There will be empty rows in front and behind of seated rows so some jockeying of your regular ST will occur. If I choose to not purchase my seat this season, it will be held for me next season.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
In North Bay, we haven't been asked to put any money down as of yet. We were told that STH will get first choice to purchase tickets when more is know. There will be no single game tickets sold, only full packages. There will be empty rows in front and behind of seated rows so some jockeying of your regular ST will occur. If I choose to not purchase my seat this season, it will be held for me next season.
the way it should be everywhere.

Reactions: windsor7

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
In August-September we had to pay in full for Petes seasons tickets.

No word of a refund since the season has subsequently dropped down to 40 games

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad