2020/2021 season tickets

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Dont mean to disrupt the Otto vs. 7 convo but...
I really think think ALL teams should offer STH the opportunity to opt out of their seats for the upcoming season but hold the seats for them if they choose to return for the following season.
STH are the backbone of this this league and IMO it doesn't fly without them. Many my have very legit health concerns and/or just wary of any type of public gathering now.
It would be a solid gesture to support those who have made committment to the leagues teams in the past.
Sell the seats on a per game basis this year if it ever starts but give them the right to renew. Similar to how most teams handle PO tics. STH get first dibs. After that its open to the public.

I have no issue paying for mine in full at deadline or before but still think they should do this

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I really think think ALL teams should offer STH the opportunity to opt out of their seats for the upcoming season but hold the seats for them if they choose to return for the following season.
STH are the backbone of this this league and IMO it doesn't fly without them. Many my have very legit health concerns and/or just wary of any type of public gathering now.
It would be a solid gesture to support those who have made committment to tje leagues teams in the past.
Sell the seats on a per game basis this year if it ever starts but give them the right to renew. Similar to how most teams handle PO tics. STH get first dibs. After that its open to the public.

I have no issue paying for mine in full at deadline or before but still think they should do this

Absolutely all teams should do this.

Reactions: Zebra

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
It would be a solid gesture to support those who have made committment to tje leagues teams in the past.

In theory this would work for most teams however there are teams like Owen Sound who could never pull something like that off for a seasons worth of games even if it was limited to X number of games. They would fold if fans and especially STH were asked to do this already after paying for STH renewals.

The playoffs are one thing for most teams even from an Owen Sound standpoint they can manage to sell a game by game tix to the playoffs with success but I could not imagine them doing that for a whole season.

STH's would be frustrated by a decision like that and teams would most certainly have fans walk from there STH commitments for a whole or partial season. You say that the OHL can't fly would STH's and they are the backbone of the league but what you are suggesting is insane especially after STH's have already paid renewal for ST for the year. :eek:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
In theory this would work for most teams however there are teams like Owen Sound who could never pull something like that off for a seasons worth of games even if it was limited to X number of games. They would fold if fans and especially STH were asked to do this already after paying for STH renewals.

The playoffs are one thing for most teams even from an Owen Sound standpoint they can manage to sell a game by game tix to the playoffs with success but I could not imagine them doing that for a whole season.

STH's would be frustrated by a decision like that and teams would most certainly have fans walk from there STH commitments for a whole or partial season. You say that the OHL OHL can't fly would STH's and they are the backbone of the league but what you are suggesting is insane especially after STH's have already paid renewal for ST for the year. :eek:

Im not asking season tic holders to do anything..... Just be afforded an option. They opt out for 1 year or opt in for this year. Either way 21/22 season the get a choice to have their seat.

Why would STH be frustrated? That makes no sense. Maybe I wasn't clear. Ill try again.
My point was STH should be afforded the option to not buy their seats this year and the team offer them the chance to repurchase their seats the next year. A 1 year opt out clause due to Covid, without the risk of losing their seat.
If they want their seats this year they can keep them also. Win/ win for STH.

And its not insane lol. I havent paid my renewal fee as of yet. The deadline has been pushed back. And maybe just maybe some people need that money due to loss of income from Covid related events. Im fortunate, my work and income has been kept steady and even increased. Not so for all STH.
You said "teams would most certainly have fans walk from there STH commitments for a whole or partial season. " EXACTLY what Im Im suggesting should be offered to them by the teams and league as they have been the ones keeping the league afloat for years. I would not be a fan of someone losing their season tic they have had for 1, 5, 20 years because the didn't renew this year cause they were concerned about Covid.
And again not all people have paid for their renewals on full yet. And even if they paid in full a refund could be given if STH requested and the seat re offered for the 2021/2022 season.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Im not asking season tic holders to do anything..... Just be afforded an option. They opt out for 1 year or opt in for this year. Either way 21/22 season the get a choice to have their seat.

Why would STH be frustrated? That makes no sense. Maybe I wasn't clear. Ill try again.
My point was STH should be afforded the option to not buy their seats this year and the team offer them the chance to repurchase their seats the next year. A 1 year opt out clause due to Covid, without the risk of losing their seat.
If they want their seats this year they can keep them also. Win/ win for STH.

And its not insane lol. I havent paid my renewal fee as of yet. The deadline has been pushed back. And maybe just maybe some people need that money due to loss of income from Covid related events. Im fortunate, my work and income has been kept steady and even increased. Not so for all STH.
You said "teams would most certainly have fans walk from there STH commitments for a whole or partial season. " EXACTLY what Im Im suggesting should be offered to them by the teams and league as they have been the ones keeping the league afloat for years. I would not be a fan of someone losing their season tic they have had for 1, 5, 20 years because the didn't renew this year cause they were concerned about Covid.
And again not all people have paid for their renewals on full yet. And even if they paid in full a refund could be given if STH requested and the seat re offered for the 2021/2022 season.

Now that makes sense, how you worded it was confusing. What you mean is more of a transfer option for STH's. Which would mean that if there was no season that those payments could be transferred to the following season if/when that would happen.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Now that makes sense, how you worded it was confusing. What you mean is more of a transfer option for STH's. Which would mean that if there was no season that those payments could be transferred to the following season if/when that would happen.
Not exactly. IF there is a season, STH should have the option of not paying for their seats this year (or get a refund) leaving the seats available for the team to sell for 20/21 season AND be afforded the opportunity to renew their seats for the 21/22 season without penalty.

Reactions: Bear in the Woods

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad