Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion VI - STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
PLD is something they don’t have in the system, and will need to get into on the roster in the next 2 years or so if they are going to have any kind of future as a legit contender. He’s asked out, find the price and pay it unless it’s Pasta or McAvoy (or Bergeron for strictly sentimental reasons). I just don’t see where else a legit young #1 center is going to come from, let alone one that would fit the fan base, team character, and coaching expectations as well as his game does

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
PLD is something they don’t have in the system, and will need to get into on the roster in the next 2 years or so if they are going to have any kind of future as a legit contender. He’s asked out, find the price and pay it unless it’s Pasta or McAvoy (or Bergeron for strictly sentimental reasons). I just don’t see where else a legit young #1 center is going to come from, let alone one that would fit the fan base, team character, and coaching expectations as well as his game does

I agree. That's a move that's worth disrupting their plans for, worth disrupting their season for. A new #1 center the same age as McAvoy? That fits their model of trying to build towards big, physical two-way centers? Yes please. Whatever it takes.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I agree. That's a move that's worth disrupting their plans for, worth disrupting their season for. A new #1 center the same age as McAvoy? That fits their model of trying to build towards big, physical two-way centers? Yes please. Whatever it takes.
The potential problem is if Jarmo wants him in the West, with only one date in Columbus per (normal) season.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
That doesn't seem to be something Jarmo worries about. He traded Josh Anderson to Montreal.
The chances of Josh Anderson becoming a #1 franchise center are somewhat slim.

We'll see, though. Just something to consider when talking about "whatever it takes".

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
The chances of Josh Anderson becoming a #1 franchise center are somewhat slim.

We'll see, though. Just something to consider when talking about "whatever it takes".
He looked fantastic tonight. He is a beast.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Not sure what the progress Swayman has made

But if one of Rask or Halak go down briefly, like to see what he can do

Important to see what the team has to work with as both Halak and Rask could be gone after this season. Dont feel confident about Vladar. He looked really bad/shaky vs Tampa

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Not sure what the progress Swayman has made

But if one of Rask or Halak go down briefly, like to see what he can do

Important to see what the team has to work with as both Halak and Rask could be gone after this season. Dont feel confident about Vladar. He looked really bad/shaky vs Tampa
I wouldn’t base my opinion of Vladar on one game where he was thrown into a Stanley Cup playoffs match against the eventual Cup Champion.

Check out his performance for the season in Providence where he recorded a 1.79 GAA and a .936 sv pct. I don’t believe Swayman has yet to play a game as a pro. He is talented though based on his college career.

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
Leafs fan coming in peace,

I have both Mcavoy and Grzelcyk in my hockey pool, i need to scratch one, who do you guys think will finish with more points this season if you had to guess? Thanks in advance for the help

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I first wrote this in the Frederic thread, but an absolutely insane idea came to me and I'm trying to play out in my head whether it might just work. With Kase and Pasta out, here's a line combo I want to see:

Ritchie-Krejci-Frederic

It might be a dollar tree made in china knockoff version of Lucic-Krejci-Horton, but you can't question that Krejci's best seasons were with sizeable linemates who played aggressively and created space with physical play. Ritchie has played well the first two games, the hard thing for him is finding the motivation. Maybe a promotion to that line and time sitting next to Krejci on the bench between shifts and listening to him will keep his effort up. And Frederic has been just delightful to watch. I'd definitely give it a go.

All I know is that I think Debrusk has done all he can ever do on that Krejci line and that putting him with Coyle and Smith may give him the jolt he needs to produce again. And filling that RW with Bjork or Kuhlman or Seth Griffith or whoever they've forced there has never worked.

Marchand-Bergy-Studnicka
Debrusk-Coyle-Smith
Ritchie-Krejci-Frederic
Bjork-Kuraly-Wagner

I'd at least try it out in a video game.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019

I have both Mcavoy and Grzelcyk in my hockey pool, i need to scratch one, who do you guys think will finish with more points this season if you had to guess? Thanks in advance for the help

A bit late but McAvoy I would think.

Reactions: SnizzMitch

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I think Krug was way more important to this team than we would've imagined. He earned his money and I'm sad we couldn't keep him. Grizz cant fill his shoes and it will be a problem.

Reactions: shelbysdad

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

There is a lot of love here for Grz....personally, and this will piss some people off, I have him as the most overrated player on the team. He is a 5-6

If he gets 5 goals, 20 assists I will be surprised

Go with McAvoy

Reactions: SnizzMitch

Root

Feb 22, 2010
When Pastrnak is back, even if Kase is healthy, go with...

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Ritchie-Krejci-Smith
DeBrusk-Coyle-Studnicka
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner

Lauzon-McAvoy
Zboril-Carlo
Gryz-Miller

Rask Halak

*Time for Studnicka to play consistently. They need to see if they have a young top 6 forward or not. Kase can’t stay on the ice and when he is out there he brings little to nothing. Tired of it.

Reactions: missingchicklet

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Think they’d have to send 4 or 5 guys the other way at this point. Throw in some high draft picks to offset the players if you like.

Columbis doesn’t have to trade him. And the guys Boston would actually send back haven’t exactly established themselves as a solution to the problem.

Seems like more of an offseason thing anyway

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Perhaps it is time to give Zachary a shot top 6...why not? Can't be any worse off than the Debrusk/Kase showings so far. Kase was getting close and too bad for the most recent injury.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If Kase is injured, I think it's worth giving these lines a shot:

Marchand - Bergeron - Coyle
Ritchie - Krejci - Smith
DeBrusk - Studnicka - Bjork
Frederic - Kuraly - Wagner

It's more to see if the Bruins can get the 2nd line going more than anything and then the possibility of seeing if DeBrusk and Studnicka can build some chemistry. Then everything will fit into place once Pastrnak comes back, Coyle slides back down to the 3rd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad