Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion VI - STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I could live with this....

Could the Boston Bruins trade Tuukka Rask to the Colorado Avalanche?

Talk about a blockbuster deal. This is a wicked trade for both sides even if Boston Bruins fans don’t see the immediate return.

The Colorado Avalanche are getting an all-star goaltender who immediately gets them to unbeatable status coming out of the Western Conference.

The Boston Bruins get a really solid young defenseman in Ryan Graves who has size and skill and will be able to shore up a left side of the defence that was ravaged by the departures of Krug and Chara. This is a guy who will lay the body and block shots, but also can play on the offensive side of the puck. Bruins hockey at its finest.

Martin Kaut is an extremely solid and exciting RW prospect for the Colorado Avalanche. The Boston Bruins are loaded with center prospects but lack young natural wing players in the system. Another guy with good size, Kaut is a great shooter and passer. He could challenge for a roster spot with the Colorado Avalanche this season. Here’s a guy who could be the savior for Krejci’s RW.

Last edited:

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
What's the chances the Bruins are keeping their cap space to take advantage of a team who needs to shed $$ just before the season begins? Say a trade or a claim off waivers.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I'm ok with this. Move on from Halak, let Rask mentor Swayman or Vlader for a couple of seasons before retiring. 2 years at 5 per would be just right IMO. Helps the team out without lowballing Rask.

He won't take that big of a pay cut. "No chance in hell."

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005

Talk about a blockbuster deal. This is a wicked trade for both sides even if Boston Bruins fans don’t see the immediate return.

The Colorado Avalanche are getting an all-star goaltender who immediately gets them to unbeatable status coming out of the Western Conference.

The Boston Bruins get a really solid young defenseman in Ryan Graves who has size and skill and will be able to shore up a left side of the defence that was ravaged by the departures of Krug and Chara. This is a guy who will lay the body and block shots, but also can play on the offensive side of the puck. Bruins hockey at its finest.

Martin Kaut is an extremely solid and exciting RW prospect for the Colorado Avalanche. The Boston Bruins are loaded with center prospects but lack young natural wing players in the system. Another guy with good size, Kaut is a great shooter and passer. He could challenge for a roster spot with the Colorado Avalanche this season. Here’s a guy who could be the savior for Krejci’s RW.

So who plays goal then? Halak??

If DS had thoughts of doing this IMO, it would have been done near the draft when you had a glut of available solid veteran goalies. Not now.

I like Halak but he's a good 1A and nothing more. He's not a 1.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

Just yesterday Tuukka said he does not see himself playing for any other team. I mean would the Avs win him over with a massive extension. I love Rask, but I wouldn’t overpay for him if I were the Avs.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
So who plays goal then? Halak??

If DS had thoughts of doing this IMO, it would have been done near the draft when you had a glut of available solid veteran goalies. Not now.

I like Halak but he's a good 1A and nothing more. He's not a 1.
IT would take more than that, a lot more to get Rask.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I guess a friendly wager? I would say $6m is the lowest AAV he'd sign for. Anything less and you win.

A gentlemans agreement!

Gentleman's Agreement

I attempted to imbed this but have no idea how to do it haha
1igj0v

Reactions: RustyBruins72

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Interesting name on the waiver wire.....

Noah Juulsen - Former 1st round, 6'2 RHD plays a 200ft game. Could make for an interesting extra d-man, but that probably bumps clifton as the extra.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Sorry man. This core played for 3 cups, winning 1 and losing one in game 7.

This core doesn't have anything more to give if this is it. As a fan, you can't ask for more.
I think you might have misunderstood the meaning of my last post......I'm not asking for more. I think this group has put their heart and soul into this team for 10+ years and I'll always love them for it.

Just trying to understand why some folks believe this organization somehow owes "the Core" something more than the opportunities they've already had.

Last edited:

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I think you might have misunderstood the meaning of my last post......I'm not asking for more. I think this group has put their heart and soul into this team for 10+ years and I'll always love them for it.

Just trying to understand why some folks believe this organization somehow owes "the Core" something more than the opportunities they've already had.
My mistake.

Thanks for clarification. :)

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Interesting name on the waiver wire.....

Noah Juulsen - Former 1st round, 6'2 RHD plays a 200ft game. Could make for an interesting extra d-man, but that probably bumps clifton as the extra.

Yup, saw this. Him and Ho-sang peaked my interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad