Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion VI - STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I see him as great insurance depth for 15-20min if needed. Put him on taxi squad. Nobody takes him because of his contract. If someone does, awesome. If not, bring him in if youngster doesn’t show they belong.

But name me the last D that looked bad stepping in? Irwin?

All D seems to step in and deliver. Is it the Jenning winning system? Is it great teammates? Is it the great G they have behind?

It may be all that. But they all succeed. And Zboril is a great skater, likes to hit and has puck skills.

Why would he be the 1st to fail since Irwin?

Gryz-McAvoy
Zboril-Carlo
Lauzon-Clifton/Miller

Love it.
I think Moore is moore than insurance (pun intended). He hasn’t been given steady ice time here in a bit. With Chara and Krug gone I expect him to take on more of a leadership role on the back end. I can see him playing all season on the left side. He’s a smooth player. Good skating and puck moving through the neutral zone.

I see one of the kids (Zboril or Lauzon) taking a spot. Don’t think we see two of them locking in the lineup

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
The Habs? One for one, I think they would even though they love Suzuki.

Debrusk the same as Dubois? No I don't even think they are comparable to be honest. Debrusk was an AHLer as a 20-year old, and his development since getting to the NHL has been relatively stagnant, even regressing somewhat. He's also nearly two years older. Debrusk looks like a complimentary scoring winger, meanwhile Dubois is a legit big No.1 center, albeit it remains to be seen if he's even a truly elite No.1 C, I wouldn't put him in that category just yet.

Debrusk also scored 27 goals a few years ago. Dubois is the better player but I'm just curious as to how you rate Debrusk.

Dubois has asked for a trade. Columbus isn't dealing from a position of strength even though Dubois is under control for some years. You do not want a disgruntled player hanging around.

I saw somewhere where Ottawa should be in on Dubois and offer Jake Sanderson plus.... While Jake Sanderson is a good prospect he's just a prospect until proven otherwise. Studnicka is a very good prospect and he's proven that he can at every level so far.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
How would people feel about having a LHD that can play around 18 minutes, give you 20pts and around 100 hits / 100 blocks?

A pretty typical third pair defenseman. Moore won't be giving us 20 points however. He is redundant and best served as our #7.

Miller provides more of a need with toughness and better defense, leadership.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
A pretty typical third pair defenseman. Moore won't be giving us 20 points however. He is redundant and best served as our #7.

Miller provides more of a need with toughness and better defense, leadership.

Moore since joining Boston

85gp / 16pts / 103 hits / 113 blks

^that's with inconsistent playing time

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Moore since joining Boston

85gp / 16pts / 103 hits / 113 blks

^that's with inconsistent playing time

With one season where he had 20 minutes per game which is too much for him on a contender!

Give that time to a prospect like Zboril, Lauzon, Clifton and we do just as fine or better. We pay Moore enough, he can be a decent option that doesn't hurt or help, much like Kampfer was. He simply doesn't excel at enough to supplant any of our other depth defensemen. Miller, if healthy, provides all of Moore, and more!

Last edited:

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Debrusk also scored 27 goals a few years ago. Dubois is the better player but I'm just curious as to how you rate Debrusk.

Dubois has asked for a trade. Columbus isn't dealing from a position of strength even though Dubois is under control for some years. You do not want a disgruntled player hanging around.

I saw somewhere where Ottawa should be in on Dubois and offer Jake Sanderson plus.... While Jake Sanderson is a good prospect he's just a prospect until proven otherwise. Studnicka is a very good prospect and he's proven that he can at every level so far.

Every team in the league will inquire about PLD and if they don't their GM should be fired. How is that not a position of strength when the CBJ have 2 years to pull this off?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Beecher
Vaak
1st

For

PLD

Our young core moving into the next window to build around.

PLD -- Pasta
DeBrusk -- Stud

Lauzon -- McAvoy
Zboril -- Carlo

Swayman
Vlader

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden