2020-2021 Roster Discussion II-STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Fwiw......dont know the viability of source.

Trade Rumor Anders Bjork Being Moved For Alex Chiasson
tenor.gif

Reactions: Dr Hook

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
If true, this reeks of Cam all over. Maybe there's an agreement. Sweeney wants his skilled goal scorer, Cam wants his grinder. I would be okay with it I think, if this would be the opening move in what will be getting a goal scorer.
I will never understand the meme that Cam Neely only understands the value of gritty players.

Look at who he played with. Look at what he was as a player, himself. And, afterwards, fit all that in with an insatiable desire to sign/trade for a conga line of crippled, fat, ineffective versions of Lyndon Byers.

Madness.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I will never understand the meme that Cam Neely only understands the value of gritty players.

Look at who he played with. Look at what he was as a player, himself. And, afterwards, fit all that in with an insatiable desire to sign/trade for a conga line of crippled, fat, ineffective versions of Lyndon Byers.

Madness.

Conversely, Sweeney seems enamored with small, soft, ineffective college kids.

Reactions: Gordoff

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Conversely, Sweeney seems enamored with small, soft, ineffective college kids.
I mean, at least people see Sweeney attending NCAA games these days, and he does have a scouting background. Has Neely been seen at a non-Bruins game in the past 20 years? But he's supposedly bringing trade targets to the meetings?

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Madness.

It boggles the mind, doesn't it? We might approach some sort of answer in Cam himself- He was big, tough, and highly skilled. While he was one of the best, that type of player was normal in his day. He is his own ideal, and he also probably knows that players like him just are barely around anymore for various reasons. But he has never stopped hoping. That is the only way I can explain it. Who knows the answer, though :laugh:

Maybe he should sign up for an acount here and write us a long post about his thinking and asnwer some questions. If we keep him busy enough, we can keep him away from the phones.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Great another Beleskey failed experiment. When will the bruins learn!!!!

Except he makes half of what Beleskey did and is a UFA after the season. Not that it makes it okay, but thank God they are not talking about pursuing him as a free agent.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Would rather they just give Senyshyn an actual shot than get Chiasson. They seem like similar players to me - fast and bigger.

Wouldn't miss Bjork too much though, got a lot of players like him IMO.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I mean, at least people see Sweeney attending NCAA games these days, and he does have a scouting background. Has Neely been seen at a non-Bruins game in the past 20 years? But he's supposedly bringing trade targets to the meetings?

You’re more tuned in than I if you know what/who Cam watches.

The issue I have is that people have this idea that Cam chooses guys who can’t play just because they are big, while I assume (maybe wrongly) that they have a team of people who make those decisions, probably with Sweeney getting the last word.

In the end, I’d bet they’ve missed on as many small, speedy, finesse players as they have lumbering, big guys.

I think their real problem is not hitting on enough talent up front over the past 5 years or so. Not big talent. small talent or medium talent....just talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad