News Article: 2020-2021 Red Wings Training Camp

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Or put just Djoos and not claiming the whole world from waivers?

The wings were the worst team in 20 years last season and with this being a weird year, guys are being put on waivers that realistically shouldnt be. Derek Ryan and Kylington would absolutely be upgrades over guys on this roster. Why wouldnt you put claims in on guys that can improve your roster?

Reactions: Winger98

lightthelamp13

Apr 15, 2009
I've spent some time on google and can't really find the answer I am looking for.

If you claim a player on waivers (Djoos), do you go to the bottom of the waivers list?

Reactions: MBH

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I've spent some time on google and can't really find the answer I am looking for.

If you claim a player on waivers (Djoos), do you go to the bottom of the waivers list?
Waivers order doesn't change when a team selects a player. It will change sometime during the season, based on standings but I'm not sure of the date, usually Nov 1st, not this season obviously.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Waivers order doesn't change when a team selects a player. It will change sometime during the season, based on standings but I'm not sure of the date, usually Nov 1st, not this season obviously.
Does this also include same day waiver claims? Like say Detroit puts a claim in on 2 guys tomorrow would they be awarded both?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Does this also include same day waiver claims? Like say Detroit puts a claim in on 2 guys tomorrow would they be awarded both?
I believe it does, there's nothing in the CBA that says it can't be done. Keep in mind the roster limit which means the Wings in turn would have to waive somebody....

not that it's a big deal right now, Biega, Nielsen, and Erne are all pretty worthless. This team could have picked 4 or 5 players off waivers I think.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I believe it does, there's nothing in the CBA that says it can't be done. Keep in mind the roster limit which means the Wings in turn would have to waive somebody....

not that it's a big deal right now, Biega, Nielsen, and Erne are all pretty worthless. This team could have picked 4 or 5 players off waivers I think.

Just saying I wouldn’t mind claiming kylington and maybe a guy like balcers or even a guy like Ryan from Calgary. He has played pretty well and could probably fetched something at 50% at the deadline

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
minority but i wouldnt mind taking a flyer on Senyshyn for the hell of it.
12-15th forward, speed, young. cant hurt. if he sucks, waive him again.

obviously id love Kylington. not picking him up but keeping Biega would be weird in my mind.

side note - anyone have a solid write up on how cholowski looked in camp?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Other one that I just looked into is nick merkley. Former 1st round pick, produced well in juniors and in the AHL. RH shot as well, any thoughts?

He was very poor in Finland. Don't believe he will ever become anything significant. Just too slow for a skill player and no use at Bottom6. Typical guy to make a career at Europe.

Senyhsyn is interesting.

He has been bashed, because Bruins did draft him crazy-high. But after I studied some junior hockey data from past season, this guy looked pretty good there. After seeing those relative Draft-year numbers, I understood what Buins did see in him.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
minority but i wouldnt mind taking a flyer on Senyshyn for the hell of it.
12-15th forward, speed, young. cant hurt. if he sucks, waive him again.

obviously id love Kylington. not picking him up but keeping Biega would be weird in my mind.

side note - anyone have a solid write up on how cholowski looked in camp?
great thanks

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
He was very poor in Finland. Don't believe he will ever become anything significant. Just too slow for a skill player and no use at Bottom6. Typical guy to make a career at Europe.

Senyhsyn is interesting.

He has been bashed, because Bruins did draft him crazy-high. But after I studied some junior hockey data from past season, this guy looked pretty good there. After seeing those relative Draft-year numbers, I understood what Buins did see in him.
yea i wouldnt have minded us taking a flyer on him. 22yr old roughly without looking, speed for days.. at worst he's a 4th liner who you either keep cheap or let go again via waivers. zero risk. but i get why they didnt want to do it, dont want to burn more space and contracts.

on the flipside, i dont get why we didnt take a chance with Kylington. All this considered, id burn a spot for him. more so, id let a guy like Biega go for him. Got to start taking some chances on guys with high potential but high risk.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
No worries dude. Cpt. Jean-Luc looks ~ the same as he did 30 yrs ago.
I knew it, cloned just like Dave Chappelle.

upload_2021-1-15_16-49-56.png

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3