2020-2021 NHLPA Player Poll

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Tbh there's some stuff in there that seems almost slanderous to McDavid.

Also I have to lol at Matthews beating Ovechkin for the "best goal scorer" title. Ovi's literally going to go down as the GOAT goal scorer, and he has won 7 of the last 9 Rocket Richard trophies. I'm going to need to see a larger sample size from Matthews before I'd put him over Ovechkin personally, even with Matthews being much better this season.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Also I have to lol at Matthews beating Ovechkin for the "best goal scorer" title. Ovi's literally going to go down as the GOAT goal scorer, and he has won 7 of the last 9 Rocket Richard trophies. I'm going to need to see a larger sample size from Matthews before I'd put him over Ovechkin personally, even with Matthews being much better this season.

I'm sure the NHLPA will note your opinions.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm sure the NHLPA will note your opinions.

I forgot we weren't allowed to share opinions about hockey on a message board about hockey. I will note that for future reference.

What's even the f***ing point of this site if any opinions shared are met with "well I'm sure the experts care about your opinions" :laugh:

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
I'm down for mini series again next season. Happy to see the players wanting that back. Definitely helps rivalries.

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
I forgot we weren't allowed to share opinions about hockey on a message board about hockey. I will note that for future reference.

What's even the f***ing point of this site if any opinions shared are met with "well I'm sure the experts care about your opinions" :laugh:

It works better when you understand that my opinion is a fact and your opinion is like a Gary Bettman stanley cup presentation.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

I think they give mcdavid a ton of respect. 50% more players think he's the most complete player in the NHL vs Nathan Mackinnon. I bet here on HFBoards if you make that poll McDavid's out voted by Mackinnon by a factor of 10.

And running away with the "player you want if you need to win 1 game" is as good as it gets.

He probably deserves a little more love re: passing, but you can't have em all.

If anything Draisaitl is underrepresented on these polls.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018

McDavid was top 5 in every single catagory minus 1, I think that’s pretty good.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015

Which opinion is slanderous to McDavid? It’s not like he lost the fastest skater poll.

Yes I’m sure you would know better than actual players. Matthews has been scoring at a better clip than Ovechkin for over two seasons now. How big of a sample size are you looking for?

Best goal scorer now is Matthews. Ovechkin is still the GOAT goal scorer. But 36-37 year old Ovechkin isn’t better than 24 year old Matthews.

Reactions: User9992

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
How do NHL players think Kucherov gets so many points?

They don't seem all that impressed with his shooting, passing or stickhandling.

Our running joke on the Lightning board is he just sneezes them out. He's not a visually "appealing" player a la MacKinnon or McDavid. Doesn't dangle. Doesn't get a ton of breakaways. Doesn't "play fast". So he looks like he just accidentally gets points some times (but obviously that's not the case).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Which opinion is slanderous to McDavid? It’s not like he lost the fastest skater poll.

Yes I’m sure you would know better than actual players. Matthews has been scoring at a better clip than Ovechkin for over two seasons now. How big of a sample size are you looking for?

Best goal scorer now is Matthews. Ovechkin is still the GOAT goal scorer. But 36-37 year old Ovechkin isn’t better than 24 year old Matthews.

Again, what's the f***ing point of this website if we can't discuss opinions on hockey? I never said those players were wrong, I gave my opinion on it.

"Matthews has been scoring at a better clip than Ovechkin for over two seasons now", as in Matthews had a much better season this year, which is what I said. Ovechkin had more goals in fewer games in 2019-2020.

Reactions: KoozNetsOff 92

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Again, what's the f***ing point of this website if we can't discuss opinions on hockey? I never said those players were wrong, I gave my opinion on it.

"Matthews has been scoring at a better clip than Ovechkin for over two seasons now", as in Matthews had a much better season this year, which is what I said. Ovechkin had more goals in fewer games in 2019-2020.
you didn't just say the players were wrong, but they deserved to be laughed at. what's actually funny is how you clearly take the player's opinions as gospel when it makes Crosby look good, but also want to laugh at their opinions when they go against what you believe

And boo hoo on Crosby fans using this to prop up Crosby. NHL players who voted on the award don't give a damn what some fans on some niche sports website have to say about who's better than who. It's pure arrogance to think your opinion is more valid than the actual hockey players who vote on these awards, and Crosby finishing 3rd in votes among his peers is just "the league shoving Crosby down everyone's throats".

It's absolutely comical that fans on this site think their opinions count for more than players who actually play with/against these other players when it comes to award voting.

Crosby's peers know more about who's playing good hockey than a random fan stat watching. To suggest the players are wrong and you're right because you can look on NHL.com for stat lines is nothing short of deluded arrogance.

And now you're criticizing other people for saying almost verbatim what you said about the players knowing more than the average fan on here?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
you didn't just say the players were wrong, but they deserved to be laughed at. what's actually funny is how you clearly take the player's opinions as gospel when it makes Crosby look good, but also want to laugh at their opinions when they go against what you believe

And now you're criticizing other people for saying almost verbatim what you said about the players knowing more than the average fan on here?

You're reading way too far into what "lol" means :laugh:

I said I want to see a more sustained level of success for Matthews over Ovechkin before I'd put Matthews over Ovechkin. That's a stance I've had with dozens of players in tons of different discussions on this website. I want more than 1 season or 1 small sample size of games before I say a new guy is better than the old guy.

This:

I'm going to need to see a larger sample size from Matthews before I'd put him over Ovechkin personally, even with Matthews being much better this season.

Is an ultra consistent stance I've had in discussions on players here. I don't think the players are "wrong" for making that claim, I just think it's premature and I'd want a larger sample size before I'd make that claim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad