2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
2019 & 2020 KHL Goal Scoring Leader
2020 OHL Points Leader & MVP
Matthew Boldy
2020 WHL Points Leader & MVP
2020 OHL Points Runner-up
2020 AHL Goalie of the Year

That's kind of where my head is at for a top 6 for our prospects.
IMO- the top 5 was fairly easy. After that you have Menell, Addison, the 2 goalies and the 2 new 2nd rounders. I have no idea how you differentiate that group. Sturm and Firstov might belong in that group as well

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
Idk I think a lot of people here would have said Khovanov was our #2 prospect behind Kaprizov a year ago. Obviously we've added new prospects.

Not a knock against Boldy but at one point he had a slow start/injuries and Khovanov was in the midst of putting up ridiculous numbers at the center position.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I haven’t heard the Wild say that.
So when Kahkonen starts in the AHL can we agree that maybe people in NHL don’t think he’s got the toolkit to be an NHL starter. He’s got nothing left to prove and we still don’t think he’s ready.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
So when Kahkonen starts in the AHL can we agree that maybe people in NHL don’t think he’s got the toolkit to be an NHL starter. He’s got nothing left to prove and we still don’t think he’s ready.
He was the best goaltender on the roster last year. How many games did those "people in the NHL" give him last year?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I don't see how Guerin's failures to do anything correct with the goaltending situation, proves anything that you're trying to say?

I don't have a problem with anyone thinking that Jones can be the better goalie in the future, but you're going to have to do better than just regurgitating catchphrases from Pronman and Wheeler to convince me.
Catchphrases from Pronman and Wheeler? Neither of those guys have Jones rated as highly as Kahkonen. I’m just going off of two things: 1. My opinion, which I don’t expect would be enough to sway anyone and I don’t believe that it should sway anyone, 2. And what seems to be the Wild’s opinion that Jones is the goalie of the future. Kahkonen has nothing left to prove in the AHL and he still doesn’t have the belief of the Wild staff to put him in a backup role.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
He was the best goaltender on the roster last year. How many games did those "people in the NHL" give him last year?
No way anyone can definitely say that he was better than Stalock last year. Kahk played 5 games and played ~fine. Stalock actually put up pretty good numbers down the stretch. I don’t blame them for not putting the playoff life on the shoulders of a kid that was just fine in his stint in the NHL.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Catchphrases from Pronman and Wheeler? Neither of those guys have Jones rated as highly as Kahkonen. I’m just going off of two things: 1. My opinion, which I don’t expect would be enough to sway anyone and I don’t believe that it should sway anyone, 2. And what seems to be the Wild’s opinion that Jones is the goalie of the future. Kahkonen has nothing left to prove in the AHL and he still doesn’t have the belief of the Wild staff to put him in a backup role.
Where are you getting any of that?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
No way anyone can definitely say that he was better than Stalock last year. Kahk played 5 games and played ~fine. Stalock actually put up pretty good numbers down the stretch. I don’t blame them for not putting the playoff life on the shoulders of a kid that was just fine in his stint in the NHL.
Anyone who has ever watched both play can certainly make that statement. Easily.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Where are you getting any of that?
The fact that they signed Talbot and kept Stalock. There’s no way they’re going to send Stalock to the AHL after he had a good year as their starter. He played very well down the stretch.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The fact that they signed Talbot and kept Stalock. There’s no way they’re going to send Stalock to the AHL after he had a good year as their starter. He played very well down the stretch.
Signing a stop gap like Talbot is actually a sign that they do have confidence in Kahkonen. If Guerin didn't think that Kahkonen could be a starter in the NHL, then he's a moron for not going after Markstrom. Keeping Stalock around signifies nothing. He's a 3rd goalie at pretty much league minimum salary.

Stalock's good play down the stretch last year earned him his chance to play in the playoffs. We all saw how that worked out. There's zero reason for him to ever play another game in the NHL.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Well the way they set up Kahn’s contract pretty much looks like he will be in the next in two seasons.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Signing a stop gap like Talbot is actually a sign that they do have confidence in Kahkonen. If Guerin didn't think that Kahkonen could be a starter in the NHL, then he's a moron for not going after Markstrom. Keeping Stalock around signifies nothing. He's a 3rd goalie at pretty much league minimum salary.

Stalock's good play down the stretch last year earned him his chance to play in the playoffs. We all saw how that worked out. There's zero reason for him to ever play another game in the NHL.
I think signing Talbot to a 3 year deal more says they’re trying to buy time for Jones not Kahkonen. Kahk is going to start in the AHL. Kahkonen has nothing left to prove there; if they thought he was the guy, why wouldn’t they give him a shot in what seems like is likely to be a transition year?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Well the way they set up Kahn’s contract pretty much looks like he will be in the next in two seasons.
He’ll be in the NHL in 21-22, but likely not in a starter role. I think they’re very much still in evaluation/rebuild mode woth this team and I don’t see why they send a guy who has nothing left to prove in the minors back to the minors if they think he’s going to be “the guy”

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I think signing Talbot to a 3 year deal more says they’re trying to buy time for Jones not Kahkonen. Kahk is going to start in the AHL. Kahkonen has nothing left to prove there; if they thought he was the guy, why wouldn’t they give him a shot in what seems like is likely to be a transition year?
Talbot will be exposed next year in the expansion draft while Kahkonen gets protected. The 3 year deal was to ensure Talbot has 2 years left on his deal should he get taken in the ED. Simple as that.

Reactions: 57special

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

There’s nothing stopping them from giving him that shot.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Probably not.
I respect the hope I just don’t see it. I don’t have confidence in my Goalie evaluation skills, but I haven’t talked to anyone who says Kahkonen is a starter and I’ve talked to people who think Jones can be a good starter.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I respect the hope I just don’t see it. I don’t have confidence in my Goalie evaluation skills, but I haven’t talked to anyone who says Kahkonen is a starter and I’ve talked to people who think Jones can be a good starter.
Who are you talking to?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
@KaprizovSaveUs you can’t go into the season with Stalock as your starter. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Talbot-Kahkonen as the duo in a shortened season. There might be roster flexibility too where it could make sense to carry 3 goalies.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
@KaprizovSaveUs you can’t go into the season with Stalock as your starter. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Talbot-Kahkonen as the duo in a shortened season. There might be roster flexibility too where it could make sense to carry 3 goalies.
I’d be shocked if Kahkonen doesn’t start in the AHL

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Goalies are f***ing weird. I don’t even trust NHL people to figure them out properly. Just draft them and hold them, and don’t cross them off until they’re 30.

Reactions: 2Pair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad