Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
1. Kirill Kaprizov, W - 74.6%
2. Marco Rossi, C - 100%
3. Matthew Boldy, LW - 83.1%
4. Calen Addison, D - 50.9%

+ Vladislav Firstov, LW

Only players who are eligible for the 2021 Calder trophy. Calder eligibility is defined as:

- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2020
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons

The poll will be open for 24 hours.

Don't forget to nominate who goes on next!

Below are the list of eligible players:

William Bitten, C/RW
Mitchell Chaffee, RW
Connor Dewar, C/LW
Brandon Duhaime, W
Damien Giroux, C
Fedor Gordeev, D
Matvei Guskov, C
Sam Hentges, C
Daemon Hunt, D
Filip Johansson, D
Simon Johansson, D
Luke Johnson, C
Jack McBain, C
Dakota Mermis, D
Bryce Misley, C
Nikita Nesterenko, C
Pavel Novak, W
Mason Shaw, C
Dmitri Sokolov, W
Andrei Svetlakov, C
Nick Swaney, RW
Marshall Warren, D
Dereck Baribeau, G
Filip Lindberg, G

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I voted Kahkonen, but it was really close between he, O'Rourke, Beckman, Khusnutdinov, and Firstov for me. *edit* Not to mention Menell! Actually I might put him above most of those I listed.

Add Swaney. Also I just noticed Will Bitten is listed as a D here, but he plays C and RW.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
I'd like to vote for Adam Beckman, but honestly I don't know very much about him. I did see him in last year's Wild prospect event, but the prospects just did drills without scrimmaging. I'm aware he lead the WHL in scoring, but I'm still not sold entirely on him. I mean, Matt Foy scored 132 points in the OHL once and he could barely get in the Wild lineup.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'd like to vote for Adam Beckman, but honestly I don't know very much about him. I did see him in last year's Wild prospect event, but the prospects just did drills without scrimmaging. I'm aware he lead the WHL in scoring, but I'm still not sold entirely on him. I mean, Matt Foy scored 132 points in the OHL once and he could barely get in the Wild lineup.

Kinda crazy, now that you bring up his scoring title. The Wild have last year's leading scorers for both the OHL and WHL. Khovanov, unfortunately, only finished #2 in the QMJHL, so no sweep for us.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Kinda crazy, now that you bring up his scoring title. The Wild have last year's leading scorers for both the OHL and WHL. Khovanov, unfortunately, only finished #2 in the QMJHL, so no sweep for us.
Kaprizov had to be up there for the KHL and Filip Johansson also had a noteworthy offensive season, just not for the right reasons. Seriously though how is it that a 1st round pick in 2018 isn’t even a candidate for our Top 10 prospects?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What was he, though, the #24 pick? Big difference between that and a pick in the top 10, or even the low mid teens. I hated the pick for a bunch of reasons, but it's not like there was a ton of talent available there.

What kills you is if you whiff on a top 5 pick, but it definitely happens.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
What was he, though, the #24 pick? Big difference between that and a pick in the top 10, or even the low mid teens. I hated the pick for a bunch of reasons, but it's not like there was a ton of talent available there.

What kills you is if you whiff on a top 5 pick, but it definitely happens.

This was the rare whiff that everyone knew was bad and has continued at every step to look bad. A disaster by any measure.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Not quite sure how people think Kaapo Kahkonen is a better prospect than Hunter Jones

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Not quite sure how people think Kaapo Kahkonen is a better prospect than Hunter Jones

Goalies are fickle and while Jones is definitely better than KK was at the same age, there is no guarantee he develops into a solid pro goalie like KK.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What would make anyone think that Jones is the better prospect?
The athleticism, mobility and glove hand. There’s a reason Kaapo is going to be going on year 3 in the AHL. He puts up good numbers but most don’t see starting potential in him. Goalies are hard to predict but I’d bet on Jones being a NHL starter wel before I bet on Kaapo.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
And yet the Wild still don’t think he’s got enough in skill to be a backup goalie in the NHL.
I don't see how Guerin's failures to do anything correct with the goaltending situation, proves anything that you're trying to say?

I don't have a problem with anyone thinking that Jones can be the better goalie in the future, but you're going to have to do better than just regurgitating catchphrases from Pronman and Wheeler to convince me.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
I think Adam Beckman and Menell are two of the most underrated prospects we've ever had.

Also. I wish we would have done the goalies on a seperate ranking. I don't think its fair to rank them with our skaters. But I'd say a goalie makes it at around 7 or 8.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
Also it appears Khovanov's issues in the KHL are a lot more than skill and preparedness.

It sounds like it's not necessarily skill, but it's drama, misunderstandings, and potentially fit.

I think if we didn't see what was happening in the KHL we'd have Khovanov at 3 or 4.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Also it appears Khovanov's issues in the KHL are a lot more than skill and preparedness.

It sounds like it's not necessarily skill, but it's drama, misunderstandings, and potentially fit.

I think if we didn't see what was happening in the KHL we'd have Khovanov at 3 or 4.
Khovanov was never going to sniff #3 on this list. Him and Beckman should've been 4th and 5th however

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Khovanov was never going to sniff #3 on this list. Him and Beckman should've been 4th and 5th however
2019 & 2020 KHL Goal Scoring Leader
2020 OHL Points Leader & MVP
Matthew Boldy
2020 WHL Points Leader & MVP
2020 OHL Points Runner-up
2020 AHL Goalie of the Year

That's kind of where my head is at for a top 6 for our prospects.

Reactions: 2Pair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad