2020-2021 Laval Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I just don't see us having that many forward prospects in the system that are ahead of him, that have or need contracts next year.

Poehling, Hillis, ylonen, caufield, Teasdale ... who else?

I have Ikonen (and so do many on these boards as is shown in the prospect poll) ahead of arsen, vejdemo, harvey-pinard, etc...

We've been drafting so many D, it seems there's room at forward.

If Ikonen prefers to stay in Europe, Habs won't really have a say. Even if they want to sign him, if the kid doesn't want to come here, then he won't sign.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Ikonen prefers to stay in Europe, Habs won't really have a say. Even if they want to sign him, if the kid doesn't want to come here, then he won't sign.

I was thinking more from our perspective, in the case he wanted to come, do we have room?

I spoke to Nygren many years ago on twitter. He told me he wanted to come back. But Habs didn't want to give him a contract.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was thinking more from our perspective, in the case he wanted to come, do we have room?

I spoke to Nygren many years ago on twitter. He told me he wanted to come back. But Habs didn't want to give him a contract.

Nygren though was here and left, though. So Habs moved on.

But even from the Habs' perspective, do they want to use a contract spot on a player with injury issues? Especially when they have other prospects they want to sign like Caufield and Harris and the decision they need to also make on Fairbrother, LeGuerrier, and RHP, whose rights also expire like Ikonen.

Reactions: kevsavard95

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Nygren though was here and left, though. So Habs moved on.

But even from the Habs' perspective, do they want to use a contract spot on a player with injury issues? Especially when they have other prospects they want to sign like Caufield and Harris and the decision they need to also make on Fairbrother, LeGuerrier, and RHP, whose rights also expire like Ikonen.

The only forwards we have under contract for next year in Laval are:

Teasdale
Poehling
Arsen
Ylonen
hillis

That's why it seems to me we have room, even if we bring back Vejdemo and Harvey-Pinard and sign Caufield.

With Ikonen, that makes 9 forwards. Are 3 AHL vets enough to surround 9 kids?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The only forwards we have under contract for next year in Laval are:

Teasdale
Poehling
Arsen
Ylonen
hillis

That's why it seems to me we have room, even if we bring back Vejdemo and Harvey-Pinard and sign Caufield.

With Ikonen, that makes 9 forwards. Are 3 AHL vets enough to surround 9 kids?

You're only counting prospects, though. Laval won't only be prospects. The other aspect here is also what they decide to do with Belzile, Blandisi, Lucchini, Pezzetta, Dauphin, Veilleux, Lynch, and a few others who have been there for a few years (whether on NHL or AHL contract).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You're only counting prospects, though. Laval won't only be prospects. The other aspect here is also what they decide to do with Belzile, Blandisi, Lucchini, Pezzetta, Dauphin, Veilleux, Lynch, and a few others who have been there for a few years (whether on NHL or AHL contract).

Yeah, that's why I was asking you. How many vets do you think we need to surround the kids?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, that's why I was asking you. How many vets do you think we need to surround the kids?

Not a ton, obviously. But more than 3. The prospects need to be surrounded by players that have kind of been there, done that. Last year, they had a healthy mix of young prospects and vets. I say they should continue that trend.

They've had Fleury, Evans, and Vejdemo one year. Then they added Poehling, Primeau, and Brook to that group. This year, a bunch of other prospects are starting like Hillis, Arsen, Ylonen, and Teasdale will finally start his pro career. So there are a lot of young guys in the line-up.

I'm not saying the Habs should let Ikonen go. If they sign him, I'll be happy. But his injury history is unfortunately something that might force the Habs to opt giving contracts to someone else from their prospect pool (or as an undrafted FA) over him.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Bouchard's reaction on the depth (brain-teaser):

upload_2021-1-30_9-58-35.png

Reactions: Gyfu

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
When's Laval's first game?

Schedule isn't out yet for the Canadian Division. The main reason being that Ontario has yet to give permission to the Toronto Marlies and Belleville Senators to play yet (don't even think their camps have started). The other reason is Calgary has decided to bring their AHL affiliate from California to Canada for this year.

So the Canadian Division is the only one with teams not ready yet.

Only Laval and Manitoba Moose have began camps because Quebec and Manitoba have given the green light for them.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Schedule isn't out yet for the Canadian Division. The main reason being that Ontario has yet to give permission to the Toronto Marlies and Belleville Senators to play yet (don't even think their camps have started). The other reason is Calgary has decided to bring their AHL affiliate from California to Canada for this year.

So the Canadian Division is the only one with teams not ready yet.

Only Laval and Manitoba Moose have began camps because Quebec and Manitoba have given the green light for them.
I wonder if they'll have to push back their estimated season start of february 5th.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

According to Bernier, Laval canceling the practice has nothing to do with Anderson's flu-like symptoms. For anyone who doesn't know, even though the Rocket and Canadiens share facilities (Brossard & Bell Center), they don't share the same areas aside from the gym and rink.

Reactions: Holystik

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
what the f*** is taking so long over there in the O, the Q is playing, the WHL said they will play.

The part that confuses me with Ontario is that they gave the green light to the Leafs and the Sens. So I don't know what their deal is here.

But should we be surprised? Aren't these the same people who wanted to eliminate hitting from the OHL in order to stop from the spread of the virus?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I'm looking forward for the Rocket to OWN their Canadian Division like the Canadiens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad