2020-2021 Laval Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know someone posted last week or so that Julien said they would flip Poehling/Fleury for Weal/Ouellet for the taxi squad when Laval got started up or pretty sure I read that. With the Habs coming back home next week perhaps that's when they do it. Both of them need to be playing games, especially with how poorly they were in Laval most of the time last season. Losing Weal/Ouellet will hurt the offense but would rather see the prospects get playing time.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I know someone posted last week or so that Julien said they would flip Poehling/Fleury for Weal/Ouellet for the taxi squad when Laval got started up or pretty sure I read that. With the Habs coming back home next week perhaps that's when they do it. Both of them need to be playing games, especially with how poorly they were in Laval most of the time last season. Losing Weal/Ouellet will hurt the offense but would rather see the prospects get playing time.

I know I'm one who had mentioned that. Although I'm sure I'm not the only one who had that prediction. Obviously with Habs on the road, they can't just send the kids back to Montreal and have Weal/Ouellet travel to Vancouver.

I still think it will happen when they come back home.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know I'm one who had mentioned that. Although I'm sure I'm not the only one who had that prediction. Obviously with Habs on the road, they can't just send the kids back to Montreal and have Weal/Ouellet travel to Vancouver.

I still think it will happen when they come back home.

i'll be interested to see how they work it, would they opt to rotate some of the vets or not. Say with Ouellet, you have Olofsson would they consider if Ouellet is say on the taxi squad for a week or two, to send him to Laval for a few games to get some work in, sending Olofsson to the taxi squad or Leskinen for that matter (though Olofsson makes more sense since he's not going to learn anything more in the AHL) same for Weal, with any of Belzile, Dauphin, Blandisi.

Just so the vets on the taxi squad get to play some games as you don't want them not playing for weeks and weeks if we got lucky with injuries but then needed them at some point later on.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007

Schedule will be out today at noon.

Also, Laval's camp begins today!

There's only 3 other Canadian teams in our division that we'll be playing against all year right? Sounds like some heated battles are going to emerge if they're playing baseball like schedules

Reactions: angusyoung

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
There's only 3 other Canadian teams in our division that we'll be playing against all year right? Sounds like some heated battles are going to emerge if they're playing baseball like schedules

Yup. It will be a Division of 4 teams. Only Habs, Leafs, Sens, and Jets have their affiliates in Canada.

Flames and Oilers have their affiliates in California.

Canucks has theirs in Utica, NY. However, they came to an agreement with the Jets to send a few of their guys to the Manitoba Moose. Canucks will also share their affiliate in Utica with the Blues.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Schedule is out. But no Canadian Division schedule is released yet. Because the Marlies and Senators are still waiting from the Ontario government's green light.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Yup. It will be a Division of 4 teams. Only Habs, Leafs, Sens, and Jets have their affiliates in Canada.

Flames and Oilers have their affiliates in California.

Canucks has theirs in Utica, NY. However, they came to an agreement with the Jets to send a few of their guys to the Manitoba Moose. Canucks will also share their affiliate in Utica with the Blues.
Never understood how the Canucks can have their farm team on the other side of the continent like that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'd rather see Poehling and Fleury at Laval camp, than sitting on the taxi squad.

Anyone else feel this way?

They're practicing with the NHL team. So they are at least practicing and training. We'll see what they will do when they return home. At this moment, they're on the road with the Habs.

It will be a different story when the AHL season starts. When that starts, I'd rather have them down in Laval rather than stay in the Taxi Squad. And you have to think the Habs feel the same way.

In Poehling's case, CJ even mentioned during camp that they won't let him sit in the taxi squad when the AHL season starts.

Reactions: angusyoung

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We may be getting more AHL teams in the Canadian division for this season:

Nice! There was a rumor that Calgary and Edmonton may bring their AHL affiliates to Canada this year (both are in California) in order to simplify call ups and re-assignments.

There was a rumor that Vancouver would have done the same but they chose to keep their team in Utica. However, they will send some guys to the Manitoba Moose to keep certain guys in Canada.

I hope this is accepted by Alberta. It would be fun to have a 5th team in the division and one we've never played against.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This is kinda weird, I mean, Leafs and Sens had the green light, but not the AHL teams...

I agree. It is weird. I had asked Marcotte if Laval had the green light. He said yes because they will follow the same guidelines as the Habs. So I don't know why it's not the same in Ontario.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I agree. It is weird. I had asked Marcotte if Laval had the green light. He said yes because they will follow the same guidelines as the Habs. So I don't know why it's not the same in Ontario.

Laval is using the Bell Centre though. Are Toronto and Belleville to play in their own place? Might be the reason.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval is using the Bell Centre though. Are Toronto and Belleville to play in their own place? Might be the reason.

That could be it. Although in one of Marcotte's tweets, he said it isn't confirmed, but the Belleville will most likely play out of the NHL building.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
But then again, Ontario considered allowing sports to resume with no contacts. Maybe there are all sort of weird things going in the heads of that governement.
That would have been just...yikes :laugh: Although part of me actually would have wanted to see them try to make it work, mostly for the giggles and the pure chaos of it all.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

EscdHRAW8AMGdVa
EscdHRxXAAECDO9

EscdHRBXAAANrrO
EscdHRyXIAgXbvN

#21 is Sam Vigneault and #24 is Jacob Lucchini

Reactions: Gyfu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad