2020-2021 Laval Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
The Arsenist one?
Ya him. Khisam something. Is he in Canada? Him and Ylonen should be with Laval (i know Ylonen left his country recently). Honestly, Laval should pack their roster as much as possible. I doubt there will be any CHL hockey this year. I know Guhle and Leguirrier are going. Not sure who else could go.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Ya him. Khisam something. Is he in Canada? Him and Ylonen should be with Laval (i know Ylonen left his country recently). Honestly, Laval should pack their roster as much as possible. I doubt there will be any CHL hockey this year. I know Guhle and Leguirrier are going. Not sure who else could go.

Khisamutdinov will play for Laval this year.

Reactions: Andrei79

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
According to Marcotte, Laval's camp is set to start this Friday, the 22nd. They will have camp in Montreal and will occasionally practice in Brossard. They clearly won't be in Place Bell. Which is efficient since all the testing and screening spots will already be set up in Brossard and Bell Center. It saves them from having to set up another spot in Laval.

He also says that the AHL schedule is still not confirmed. He also said that the Senators have yet to decide where they will situate their AHL affiliate (Belleville). It sounds like they will do like the Habs and have them in their NHL rink.

He mentions how it will be done this year in terms of his play-by-play. He will be in the studio when there are road games. He won't travel with the team.

He also says that the AHL is going ahead with a season, but they still don't know if they will have playoffs.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
@Adam Michaels did you see this from AHLtv,

Due to COVID-19, AHLTV does not guarantee that every scheduled AHL game will be broadcast. All sales of AHLTV subscriptions are final, no refunds or credits will be given for postponed, canceled, or rescheduled AHL games.

It says that my auto-renew is set to kick in on 1-27, I will be checking to see if they apply my 11 dollar credit from last season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
@Adam Michaels did you see this from AHLtv,

Due to COVID-19, AHLTV does not guarantee that every scheduled AHL game will be broadcast. All sales of AHLTV subscriptions are final, no refunds or credits will be given for postponed, canceled, or rescheduled AHL games.

It says that my auto-renew is set to kick in on 1-27, I will be checking to see if they apply my 11 dollar credit from last season.

I saw the email but I went as far as it will automatically renew on the 27th. But I didn't read further so I haven't seen the other details. Thanks for the heads up.

It does make sense because like in Laval's case, they will play out of the Bell Center, so AHLTV cameras are not installed in there. So I feel like we won't be getting any Laval games unless they broadcast someon TV.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
@montreal

I asked Marcotte on Twitter if he knew if the games will be broadcast on AHL TV. He said that the games will be streamed. I'll let it auto-renew and go from there if there are games that aren't streamed.

I really hope Laval isn't one of those teams that might have some streams not broadcast. This is a big year for the Rocket, with many prospects making their pro debut (or North American debut).

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
@montreal

I asked Marcotte on Twitter if he knew if the games will be broadcast on AHL TV. He said that the games will be streamed. I'll let it auto-renew and go from there if there are games that aren't streamed.

I really hope Laval isn't one of those teams that might have some streams not broadcast. This is a big year for the Rocket, with many prospects making their pro debut (or North American debut).
Won't they get some TV games on RDS/TSN like the last few seasons ?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'm guessing Weal and Ouellet will spend most of the season on the taxi squad but it's possible they could play a few games with the Rocket

Juulsen is now gone

What's left?

Centers: Poehling, Vejdemo, Dauphin, Lynch, Teasdale, Hillis, Khisamutdinov, Verbeek, ((Mysak))

Wings: Blandisi, Belzile, Ylonen, Veilleux, Lucchini, Baddock, Vigneault, Pezzetta, Harvey-Pinard, Hawell

Defense: Leskinen, Fleury, Olofsson, Brook, ((Guhle)), Schueneman, Halbert, Bisson

Goalies: Primeau, McNiven, Demchenko
Who do you guys think could be good linemates for Caufield once he join the Rocket?

I think Belzile and Hillis would work well. They could cover for him defensively, while still being able to follow his lead in the attack.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Who do you guys think could be good linemates for Caufield once he join the Rocket?

I think Belzile and Hillis would work well. They could cover for him defensively, while still being able to follow his lead in the attack.

Hard to say who is going to be there next year.

Weal, Verbeek, Pezzetta, Blandisi, Belzile, Lucchini, Baddock, Dauphin, Vejdemo, Poehling, Lynch, Hawel, Harvey-Pinard and Veilleux could all be gone next year as they will be RFA/UFA.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Hard to say who is going to be there next year.

Weal, Verbeek, Pezzetta, Blandisi, Belzile, Lucchini, Baddock, Dauphin, Vejdemo, Poehling, Lynch, Hawel, Harvey-Pinard and Veilleux could all be gone next year as they will be RFA/UFA.

I think he was referring to the fact Caufield might join the Rocket as early as late March, which I guess is around mid-season this year. So basically, we can assume that Caufield is already a part of the team in 2020-21

My guess it they'll put him right away in the top-6 with one of Poehling or Weal centering him

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think he was referring to the fact Caufield might join the Rocket as early as late March, which I guess is around mid-season this year. So basically, we can assume that Caufield is already a part of the team in 2020-21

My guess it they'll put him right away in the top-6 with one of Poehling or Weal centering him

In that case:

Belzile/Veilleux/Ylonen/Poehling/Weal - Blandisi/Poehling/Weal - Caufield

Are the probable options.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Caufield's reg season ends March 6th for now, then playoffs then the ncaa tournament which so far they look like they will be selected but still a lot of hockey left so we'll see how things unfold as they get closer. Adding him to Laval in April would be a nice shot in the arm to the offense. Would be very interesting to see how Bouchard works with him.

Reactions: kevsavard95

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

So all of the CHL prospects will be at Laval's camp. Nice!

no reason not to, just a question of do they play in games, do they wait to see if the WHL and OHL play, etc... I know in the US the talk is the cases should get really bad by March due to the new strain so who knows what happens.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I think Guhle will definitely play at least on the 3rd pair, we don't have enough depth on the backend to hold off him of the line-up. Our top-4 is solid but the rest is weak. He is good enough to play a regular shift

Mysak I think could fill in on the bottom-6 if we have injuries. We have a lot of depth up front so not sure if they'll play him or not. Teasdale hasn't played in like 2 years so they need to play him, and there's other guys like Khisamutdinov, Hillis, Ylonen, etc that have earned the right to play before him imo

The fact that we have 3 top-9 forwards on AHL deals (Lynch, Veilleux, Vigneault + Harvey-Pinard) gives us a lot of depth options and will probably hold Mysak out of the line-up

I'm not sure about Fairbrother and Leguerrier

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

So all of the CHL prospects will be at Laval's camp. Nice!

Good, it's much better than nothing. I hope Mysak gets to play at least some games, Guhle may actually be a regular on the third pair since he's already pretty mature physicaly. The other two are mostly there to watch and learn, which is good too.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
No Poehling or Fleury.

I assume they are still in Vancouver with the Habs. Wouldn't be surprised to see Poehling go with the Rocket when the Habs go back home. Fleury might stick as 8D as he is the only D in the taxi squad.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
The roster I'd like to see:
  1. Belzile – Dauphin – Weal
  2. Ylonen – Vejdemo – Khisamutdinov
  3. Harvey-Pinard – Hillis – Teasdale
  4. Lucchini – Mysak – Blandisi
  5. Lynch – Pezzetta - Veilleux

1. Leskinen – Oloffsson
  2. Brook - Ouellet
  3. Fairbrother – Guhle
  4. Leguerrier

1. Primeau
  2. Demchenko
  3. McNiven

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

I don't like your forward lineup. Blandisi and Veilleux (if he plays like last year) are some of our strongest offensive player. You are also forgetting Baddock, Hawel, Verbeek and Vigneault. Schueneman (Bisson and Halbert too I guess) on D.

Belzile –Blandisi – Weal
Veilleux – Dauphin – Ylonen
Vejdemo – Hillis – Lucchini
Baddock - Vigneault - Lynch
Mysak, Pezzetta, Verbeek
ECHL: Khisamutdinov, Teasdale, Hawel, Harvey-Pinard

Ouellet - Brook
Leskinen - Olofsson
Schueneman - Guhle
Fairbrother - Leguerrier
Halbert,Bisson

Primeau
McNiven
Demchenko

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I wish we had a Chris Terry type veteran forward to really carry the load on offense . Belzile,Blandisi and Weal are all good at that level but it's a bit lacking on top . Guys like Veilleux, Dauphin and Lynch will work really hard and lead by exemple but I'm a bit worried we're gonna have a hard time scoring enough goals . One of the younger guys might surprise and produce a lot right away , which would really help. I'm moderately hopeful about Hillis and Ylonen.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I don't like your forward lineup. Blandisi and Veilleux (if he plays like last year) are some of our strongest offensive player. You are also forgetting Baddock, Hawel, Verbeek and Vigneault. Schueneman (Bisson and Halbert too I guess) on D.

Belzile –Blandisi – Weal
Veilleux – Dauphin – Ylonen
Vejdemo – Hillis – Lucchini
Baddock - Vigneault - Lynch
Mysak, Pezzetta, Verbeek
ECHL: Khisamutdinov, Teasdale, Hawel, Harvey-Pinard

Ouellet - Brook
Leskinen - Olofsson
Schueneman - Guhle
Fairbrother - Leguerrier
Halbert,Bisson

Primeau
McNiven
Demchenko

For sure.. My lineup was the one I wanted to see. I'd hate to see our prospect riding the bench (referring to Mysak and Fairbrother). I personnally couldn't care less about the playing time of the 25-27 years old players.. unless they still have a future with the big club. I know winning is important for our prospect's developpment, but i'd like to see if they can perform in this league first. If they do well, keep em there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

MicrosoftTeams-image-2-1024x576.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad