2020-2021 Laval Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm just really happy our prospects get to play at least some competitive hockey this season, regardless of the logistics. Guys like Guhle and Hillis in particular need their reps, you don't want a completely wasted year of dev time ( Guhle played at the WJC obviouly but it's still very little). Idle hands are the devil’s workshop, as my grandpa used to say .

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he goes on to say that the list will not be made public and is a work in progress.

my guess would be,

Bisson
Fairbrother
Halbert
RHP
Hawel
Khisamutdinov
LeGuerrier
Verbeek

one of Demchencko/McNiven

one more, either Mysak or Teasdale perhaps.

We'll have to see as one play needs to get called up to the taxi squad today.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm just really happy our prospects get to play at least some competitive hockey this season, regardless of the logistics. Guys like Guhle and Hillis in particular need their reps, you don't want a completely wasted year of dev time ( Guhle played at the WJC obviouly but it's still very little). Idle hands are the devil’s workshop, as my grandpa used to say .

Even though the WHL has confirmed they will have games this year, it is still about a month away. We know it's complete silence on the OHL. So I'm happy that Guhle, Fairbrother, and LeGuerrier will be there, too.

And of course, the influx of prospects starting their pro careers (or some starting their North American pro careers) is something exciting. Hillis, Khisamutdinov, Ylonen, Teasdale will make his pro debut, Hawel as an undrafted FA.

Then you have second/third year prospects to follow their progress like Poehling, Brook, Fleury, Primeau, and Leskinen.

So lots to look forward to.

Reactions: Gyfu

Jul 6, 2016
Bouchard said yesterday that it will be a very difficult task to deal with so many players who deserve to play.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
it will be very interesting to see how they handle this, as you have prospects that badly need to play since for some like Khisamutdinov, it's been over a year since he's played in a game and that is not good at all of course, since in the KHL last year he got sporadic ice time at best.

So since they know this season is more for development, would they sit a Weal, Belzile, Olofsson, Lynch, etc.. so that say Fairbrother or Teasdale or Hawel etc.. can play.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Very good interview by Bruno and Max with Bouchard.

Guy is a breath of fresh air. I will check out his interview with Bruno and Max. I think he was on TVA Sports also.

I heard his segment on TSN690 yesterday. He was on with Nilan. And at some point, the hosts tell Bouchard that they won't take anymore of his time, but asked one final question. Bouchard went on about 6 more minutes answering the question. I think it was regarding face-offs.

And when he finished, he said he doesn't mind staying on a little longer because he felt it was a very important message he wanted to get across and he appreciated the question.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
Hoping for big years in Laval for Poehling and Brook! Hopefully they can show that they're NHL material soon

I guess Fleury as well, though I have some doubts about his hockey IQ after last year. I guess I just haven't seen enough of Poehling or Brook to question their IQ yet :sarcasm:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Et9GuwmXUAQ2qu0

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not yet, he needs to play 10 games before that.

Verbeek was not a regular last year. Played only 6 AHL games and 21 ECHL games. There are plenty of other options.

Veilleux - Weal - Blandisi
Ylonen - Poehling - Belzile
Vejdemo - Dauphin - Lucchini
Baddock - Vigneault - Lynch

Extras: Pezzetta, Hawel, Mysak, RHP, Teasdale

See? Very easy to do. Verbeek would not even be 1st spare.

Are RHP, Teasdale, and Hillis not even in the top 12? These would seem to me to be some of our forward prospects in Laval with the most long term up side, after Poheling and Ylonen.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Are RHP, Teasdale, and Hillis not even in the top 12? These would seem to me to be some of our forward prospects in Laval with the most long term up side, after Poheling and Ylonen.

That was an example, not an official lineup. You could take out some of Lucchini, Baddock, Vigneault or Lynch for some of the young guys.

We know Verbeek and Hillis are not in the starting 12 for Friday though as they are on the NHL taxi squad. Unless of course they send them down tomorrow, but would be weird to remove them from Laval practice and put them back in.

Reactions: Sagikev and 26Mats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad