Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Prospect moves from the last thread:

• Koly to play with Dinamo Minsk (KHL)
  • Hepo loaned to MODO Hockey (Allsvenskan), coming back to training camp
  • Luostarinen loaned to KalPa (Liiga), end of November
  • Saarela signed with Lukko (Liiga), until he reaches deal (currently RFA) and training camp begins
Credit to @Dr Quincy and @RealHumanBean (thrice).

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Some updates on signed/un-signed guys:

Kolyachonok (KHL, Dinamo Minsk): can someone confirm, the site I'm using saying he's on line 1?
He's played 4 of the 6 games, held pointless so far and a -2 but the team is 4-2 currently.

Mamin (KHL, CSKA Moskva): think we lose ability to sign him in January 2021 as per Capfriendly.
He's played 6 games with 2 goals and 4pts, +5, CSKA is 5-1 so far.

Lammikko (KHL, Metallurg Magnitogorsk): we still own his rights for a couple more years.
He's played 6 games with a goal and 3pts, Mettallurg is 5-1 in 6 games.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Some updates on signed/un-signed guys:

Kolyachonok (KHL, Dinamo Minsk): can someone confirm, the site I'm using saying he's on line 1?
He's played 4 of the 6 games, held pointless so far and a -2 but the team is 4-2 currently.

Mamin (KHL, CSKA Moskva): think we lose ability to sign him in January 2021 as per Capfriendly.
He's played 6 games with 2 goals and 4pts, +5, CSKA is 5-1 so far.

Lammikko (KHL, Metallurg Magnitogorsk): we still own his rights for a couple more years.
He's played 6 games with a goal and 3pts, Mettallurg is 5-1 in 6 games.
Koly is getting his feet wet in a pro league. I think this is going to be a transitional year for him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Koly is getting his feet wet in a pro league. I think this is going to be a transitional year for him.

No doubt, not expecting a huge year from him but hoping he plays on a decent enough team and gets consistent minutes while improving his already good to great defense.
Just find it weird the flashscore site shows him on "Line 1" when he played 12:46 in one of the games.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
No doubt, not expecting a huge year from him but hoping he plays on a decent enough team and gets consistent minutes while improving his already good to great defense.
Just find it weird the flashscore site shows him on "Line 1" when he played 12:46 in one of the games.
He only played like 7 the game before so as long as the icetime goes up I'll be happy.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He only played like 7 the game before so as long as the icetime goes up I'll be happy.

Ya he sat the first and 4th game by looks of it so he's sitting one and playing two in a row, that'd be fine for his first year and if he shows improvement, simply play him more. Quickly going through ice time, he's definitely on the bottom pairing vs the 19-20 mins for 2nd pair and 22-24 mins for top pairing. Still have high hopes of him becoming a good shutdown #3/4, his skating and defensive IQ would help him hit that #3 ceiling imo.

Game 2 - 8:28 - 5-4 OTW
Game 3- 12:51 - 4-3 L
Game 5 - 14:12 - 4-3 OTW
Game 6 - 12:46 - 4-2 W

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Ya he sat the first and 4th game by looks of it so he's sitting one and playing two in a row, that'd be fine for his first year and if he shows improvement, simply play him more. Quickly going through ice time, he's definitely on the bottom pairing vs the 19-20 mins for 2nd pair and 22-24 mins for top pairing. Still have high hopes of him becoming a good shutdown #3/4, his skating and defensive IQ would help him hit that #3 ceiling imo.

Game 2 - 8:28 - 5-4 OTW
Game 3- 12:51 - 4-3 L
Game 5 - 14:12 - 4-3 OTW
Game 6 - 12:46 - 4-2 W
Yeah he’s got an insane amount of speed as well. I see the upside being around there as well. Seems to be a safe bet to be at the very least a bottom pair guy. I have a feeling he’ll be better in the nhl due to his speed than the other leagues.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Lammikko scored the lone goal in a 4-1 loss today, now has 2 goals and 4pts in 8 games

Mamin had a goal and 2 assists in a 5-0 win, now has 3 goals and 7pts in 8 games
Doubt Mamin comes back to us sadly, but maybe Q could? Didn't Q have a good relationship with Panarin?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Doubt Mamin comes back to us sadly, but maybe Q could? Didn't Q have a good relationship with Panarin?

We lose Mamin in January 2022 if he doesn't re-sign because he would hit his 27th birthday.
I really like his game and reminded me of Bergenheim.
Doubtful he comes back this year now that's he's rolling with CSKA.

He's a bottom 6LW so one of Vatrano or Hunt would need to go to make room for him.
Unfortunately, think the Mamin ship has sailed out of view.

As for Q and Panarin, ya, pretty sure they respected/liked one another, why you ask?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
We lose Mamin in January 2022 if he doesn't re-sign because he would hit his 27th birthday.

He's a bottom 6LW so one of Vatrano or Hunt would need to go to make room for him.

As for Q and Panarin, ya, pretty sure they respected/liked one another, why you ask?
Mentorship roles with Russians: the issue with Mamin was BB: I could see him coming back next season similar to what Dady did...

Vatrano can play anywhere, so I would take the bet maybe.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002

It's tough to imagine Mamin giving up a top 6 role in Moscow for a bottom 6 role in Florida. If he keeps putting up numbers maybe he could come back as a potential top 6 forward, which may be more tempting.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
It's tough to imagine Mamin giving up a top 6 role in Moscow for a bottom 6 role in Florida. If he keeps putting up numbers maybe he could come back as a potential top 6 forward, which may be more tempting.
I think he needs to be offered top 6 potential. Given the economy in Russia, he would make a lot more here if he hits it off: I could see offering him a chance to compete for the second or third line.

His issue was with BB's usage, which is fair.

Reactions: Pigge

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I just watched CSKA vs Jokerit and have mixed feelings on Mamin. Just like in the season opener, he played with an Eeyore energy that I can't see an NHL coach accepting. He was gliding around making alibi plays on defense and then had the occasional burst of speed up the ice when the play turned, which immediately seemed to exhaust him and he would head for the bench.

That said, he also played like a poor man's Jagr. He had plenty of defensive zone exits where he would calmly make a constructive play, creating time and space for himself and his linemates. On offense he would also create time and space with his big body, long reach, and puck control. And he found good positions on offense, getting a couple of open shots and a breakaway. In total I counted four shots and they were all quality chances. Unfortunately the shots were really weak, as if he was just happy getting the shot away rather than trying to score. I don't think he was on the ice for any of the goals in either direction.

It's fun to see him on an actual scoring line in Moscow. He certainly seems to fit best there. Considering how well Barkov and Huberdeau played with an aging Jagr, it would be awesome if Mamin could step in there as another big body with soft hands. These two games I've seen makes me doubt that he can actually be productive enough against NHL opponents though.

Reactions: pantherbot

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Fingers crossed he can keep it up but it's extremely encouraging to see him do so well as a 19 year old Dman in the KHL.

Really hoping for a Brodin type player.
Good enough offense but solid smooth skating and really defensive minded/smart defense.
1 goals, 3 points in 8 games as a rookie is promising and looks like Dinamo is a good team so he may see playoffs as well.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Really hoping for a Brodin type player.
Good enough offense but solid smooth skating and really defensive minded/smart defense.
1 goals, 3 points in 8 games as a rookie is promising and looks like Dinamo is a good team so he may see playoffs as well.
I think we get a faster Brodin. Little less defense, little more offense. Would be a MASSIVE hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad