Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Saarela is having a decent start to his year.
He was held pointless in his game yesterday but still has 4 goals/points in 4 games so far (had 2 goals in first game, a 7-2 win).
2 of the 4 goals are GWG.
Averaging right around 17.5 mins per game.

Rodrigo Abols is having a solid start as well, 2 goals and 4pts in 5 games in the SHL.

Heponiemi has played two games and no points for MODO yet....
Really think I'm done with him at this point, he's 22 in January and looks to be trending straight down.
Haven't check his TOI but one site makes it seem like he's wearing an "A"?
Anyone still have hope for this guy?
Heponiemi played almost 18 minutes in the first game and little more than 11 in the second. He played less than two minutes in the third period of that second game. I'm not sure why, but I saw an interview with the coach (former Avalanche great Ville Nieminen) who said something about shuffling the lines because some players were taking things for granted. Perhaps coincidental, but it doesn't sound very promising if it wasn't.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Lammikko and Mamin went head to head today.

Lammikko's team won 6-4 but he was held pointless, he's cooled off since his hot start.
5 goals, 7pts in 15 games

Mamin continues to be consistent with a goal today.
6 goals, 13pts in 14 games

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It runs through the end of the season, so whenever 2022 free agency is. Mamin having an early b-day doesn't affect it and other teams can't talk to him without our permission.

Ya was just going off what Capfriendly said. Noticed some say their age and some just have a date but when you click on Mamins 27th birthday, it does say June 30th, 2022.

Good catch Captain :laugh:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Ya was just going off what Capfriendly said. Noticed some say their age and some just have a date but when you click on Mamins 27th birthday, it does say June 30th, 2022.

Good catch Captain :laugh:
Yeah, I don't understand why CapFriendly hasn't done it the other way around. Show the date like on every else, and then "27yo b-day year" when you hover over the date.

airbud

Dec 24, 2019
Anyone know what’s going on with borg and HIFK? No games played I would assume he’s just practicing with them as to keep his game sharp?

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
So I watched another Jokerit-CSKA Moscow game, and Mamin went without a point again. Maybe I'm jinxing him by watching. He was a bit more feisty than in the other two games I have watched, and he had some impressive bursts of speed chasing down the puck. But again he would have one of those bursts and go straight to the bench. I don't know if he gets tired too quickly, or if the coach has some idea about short shifts. Overall a very poor game for Moscow, and Bogdan Kiselevich redirected the game-winner (IIRC) into his own net.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Knight was voted 3rd best goalie prospect behind Askarov and Sorokin by Wheeler.

He loves how calm and poised Knight is under pressure, never getting flustered.
He won't make the highlight reel saves Asakrov may make but he should be more consistent in his angles and decisions.
Basically saying he will be super reliable and consistent while compact in movements with his big frame.
Also likes his ability to handle the puck.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Self-quaranteened, bored and checking on our prospects...

Any idea why Lundell isn't playing today?
Koly looked good in the about twenty minutes I watched.
Heineman pointless in his first eight games. Eight games only so who cares but we could've gone after a C or D with that pick... We'll see in a few years I guess.
Saarela with a great goal today, that's five goals in five GP so far? Hope he saves some for the Panthers :)
Hepo just 3 GP but 16 PIM? What did he do, murder someone on ice??
Borg still not playing, guess he just trains with his team?
Puutio pointless so far.

Saarela goal:

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002

Heineman pointless in his first eight games. Eight games only so who cares but we could've gone after a C or D with that pick... We'll see in a few years I guess.
Saarela with a great goal today, that's five goals in five GP so far? Hope he saves some for the Panthers :)
Puutio pointless so far.

Saarela goal:

Heponiemi had a 2+10 for checking to the head in their last game. So not too far off there. He has two assists so far in today's game, so maybe things are looking up.

Also, it will be very exciting to see Saarela in the NHL. Time to break Selänne's rookie scoring record.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

Puutio pointless so far.

Saarela goal:

I think Saarela knows that this is his chance: he could be our 1RW, 2LW, 3C...

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Idk why so many Panthers fans are writing him off. I think he not only makes the team but has a good season.
I think it’s more that we have a bunch of middle 6 forwards already and would prefer him not to be on the top line? I’m guessing Borg or Saarela will be the 3C

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Puutio pointless so far.

Saarela goal:

Meh.. dont look much into PIM in europe. There's 20MIN penalty for game misconducts. I think the record in Finland for penalties in one game is 60 PIM to one player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad