Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think we get a faster Brodin. Little less defense, little more offense. Would be a MASSIVE hit.

Very good analysis and would agree. He has some good goal scoring potential.

Definitely need some of these 2nd rounders to hit, we've been crap at developing any in the last 4-5 years, if not longer.

One of Hepo/Noel would be nice as well.

Reactions: violaswallet

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Hopefully we can develop his toolkit then :) For timeline, I'd be pumped if he could replace Weegar's top 4 spot in 4 years.

I'm excited about Campbell and Geoffrion coming here, and how Zito said they helped him build the development model for Columbus' ahl team. If they can replicate that here, then we're in for some good times ahead.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I'm excited about Campbell and Geoffrion coming here, and how Zito said they helped him build the development model for Columbus' ahl team. If they can replicate that here, then we're in for some good times ahead.
Yep, the main struggle with the blue jackets is the lack of high-end talent over the years...I think if we can keep our big 3, we can do more :)

Reactions: Dread Clawz

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I’m not sure if I’m reading this wrong but it looks like 2 periods of the Dinamo game are done and koly already has almost 17 minutes. He’s getting minutes now. Watch out.
Now nearly 22 minutes with ten minutes left; he's been on the ice a lot in the third too despite Dinamo only leading 3-2.
He's playing top pairing and has second highest minutes on his team after his D partner.
Love to see a team trusting a young guy and seems he's repaid that trust with quality play so far :)

Edit: And enemy team just scored 6-on-5 to tie the game :(

Played over 2 min in OT too, had a SOG.

Overall played over 27 minutes and looked good. I have to say, I wasn't sure what to think about him going to the KHL this year especially after past experiences with Denisenko but right now it looks like a great call.

Last edited:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Now nearly 22 minutes with ten minutes left; he's been on the ice a lot in the third too despite Dinamo only leading 3-2.
He's playing top pairing and has second highest minutes on his team after his D partner.
Love to see a team trusting a young guy and seems he's repaid that trust with quality play so far :)

Edit: And enemy team just scored 6-on-5 to tie the game :(

Played over 2 min in OT too, had a SOG.

Overall played over 27 minutes and looked good. I have to say, I wasn't sure what to think about him going to the KHL this year especially after past experiences with Denisenko but right now it looks like a great call.
Iirc, he is second of the team for D-man scoring...albeit with 3 points in 8 games. It looks promising.

I'm guessing he had leverage coming not as a home developed talent...

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Iirc, he is second of the team for D-man scoring...albeit with 3 points in 8 games. It looks promising.

I'm guessing he had leverage coming not as a home developed talent...
Honestly I'm just thrilled that the team trusts him and lets him play.

BTW, does anyone know what's the situation with OHL/WHL/college hockey?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Honestly I'm just thrilled that the team trusts him and lets him play.

BTW, does anyone know what's the situation with OHL/WHL/college hockey?
College unclear...winter sports aren't suspended. My guess is that my old conference (Ivy League) doesn't play, but other teams will play reduced.

QMHJL starts soon; other two are scheduled for December. Guessing that covid might delay

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Reactions: violaswallet

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I read a News articel today the DEL will not start or play. Maybe we will have a start at December but most unlikely. I post it here in the matter of our LW Prospect.
The Problem here, the Club live from the Income of the sold tickets, and with only 20% placed Arenas as planned. The Clubs cant secure a solid season.

Wie erwartet: Kein Start am 13. November, PENNY DEL visiert nun einen Saisonbeginn Mitte Dezember an
Yep: makes complete sense. I’m guessing the Scandinavian leagues have more advertising and tv money so they can afford it. I think Liiga allows about 50 percent attendance.

I wonder what happens with Justin...does he come over early?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yep: makes complete sense. I’m guessing the Scandinavian leagues have more advertising and tv money so they can afford it. I think Liiga allows about 50 percent attendance.
Vaasa banned public events/gatherings of over 50 people until the 25th and Sport postponed their home opener. That city is one of the worst affected in the last couple weeks, they've had more confirmed cases than in the 7 months prior to this combined.

HPK had their game cancelled (ironically against Sport of all teams) because of a suspected case, but the tests came back negative and they've been cleared to play again. The league is probably going to limit attendance even more within the next few weeks, it's still over a thousand people in every arena if all available spot are filled. Super risky even with masks and safety measures.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Vaasa banned public events/gatherings of over 50 people until the 25th and Sport postponed their home opener. That city is one of the worst affected in the last couple weeks, they've had more confirmed cases than in the 7 months prior to this combined.

HPK had their game cancelled (ironically against Sport of all teams) because of a suspected case, but the tests came back negative and they've been cleared to play again. The league is probably going to limit attendance even more within the next few weeks, it's still over a thousand people in every arena if all available spot are filled. Super risky even with masks and safety measures.

Thanks for the updates: no surprise I guess sadly

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Koly with a couple SOG, one hit, one blocked shot and 16:19 of TOI in a 4-3 SOW today. His minutes are staying consistent which is a great sign for him

Mamin had an assist in a 4-2 win yesterday, 5 goals and 12 pts in 13 games.

Reactions: 16Skippy

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Saarela is having a decent start to his year.
He was held pointless in his game yesterday but still has 4 goals/points in 4 games so far (had 2 goals in first game, a 7-2 win).
2 of the 4 goals are GWG.
Averaging right around 17.5 mins per game.

Rodrigo Abols is having a solid start as well, 2 goals and 4pts in 5 games in the SHL.

Heponiemi has played two games and no points for MODO yet....
Really think I'm done with him at this point, he's 22 in January and looks to be trending straight down.
Haven't check his TOI but one site makes it seem like he's wearing an "A"?
Anyone still have hope for this guy?

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad