Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc. - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
We may never know, but I think part of the reason Deni is up with the big Club is to get used to North America with Bob.
Not sure if there's any other Russians down on Syracuse, but I would bet you my bottom dollar Bob enjoys having him up with the club, might even be staying at his house.
Is it a coincidence that Bob's play has been stellar for the most part since Deni has been called up to the taxi Squad? I don't think so.
He could be at Barkov's place too, IIRC he housed Mamin a couple years ago.

Speaking of Mamin, I haven't really thought about him coming back, but with how crazy everything has been for the past year, never say never? I wonder how things would work with guarantine and stuff. Although CSKA is probably going all the way (currently trailing 0-1 in conference semifinal), so he wouldn't be available until like a month from now.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Speaking of Mamin, I haven't really thought about him coming back, but with how crazy everything has been for the past year, never say never? I wonder how things would work with guarantine and stuff. Although CSKA is probably going all the way (currently trailing 0-1 in conference semifinal), so he wouldn't be available until like a month from now.
I forgot about Barky as a potential place he's staying, good point.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think also that Deni looked pretty good in the couple of games he got. He was checking and other than the penalty he took (which in a way could mean he was active on ice) he looked to not make too many mistakes, to have effort and some definite puck handling skill. I wish he would get time over the Lombergs.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

Forgive my obvious ignorance, but isn't Barkov Finnish? Seems like there would still be a language barrier between he and Deni, no? Unless Deni is fluent enough in English?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Forgive my obvious ignorance, but isn't Barkov Finnish? Seems like there would still be a language barrier between he and Deni, no? Unless Deni is fluent enough in English?

Russian family: Barky is a perfect hybrid of both
To further elaborate, Barkov's parents are originally from Russia and the family speaks primarily Russian in their own group. Barkov's dad played for Tappara between 1994-2004, so he hasn't lived in Russia at any point ('95 born) as far as I'm aware. Russia tried to lure him to play for them because of the dual citizenship, but he said in an interview (IIRC this was around the Sochi Olympics) that he didn't seriously consider it.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
He's highly regarded, even if we don't talk about him every day. He's finished near the top in our top prospects vote almost every year:

2017, 18th (draft year).
2018, 5th.
2019, 7th.
2020, 7th.

I don't know why Kolyachonok was rated higher than him this year by hf fans. I have been following Gildon since 2015/2016 and he's starting off decent this season. Thought there would be more talk on him here.

Easily makes my top 5 Panthers prospect list today.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I don't know why Kolyachonok was rated higher than him this year by hf fans. I have been following Gildon since 2015/2016 and he's starting off decent this season. Thought there would be more talk on him here.
Koly has game breaking speed. It’s a very attractive attribute for a defenseman in our organization especially.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Koly also held his own against men in the khl this season, while being 2 years younger. Gildon remains a very good prospect though.
We have three to four interesting D prospects with some top four upside: Koly, Gildon, and Ludvig most notably. I’m optimistic one will be a top four D; I just don’t know which. Priskie is also interesting to me: he is older but he could be our Yands replacement

Reactions: Dread Clawz

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Most of us are indeed rational but not all are cultists from the Church of Lundelling.
Deep inside you know that’s the true path to hockey salvation, but your Tallonian upbringing has you confused. Repent and be saved!

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Deep inside you know that’s the true path to hockey salvation, but your Tallonian upbringing has you confused. Repent and be saved!

Dale+Tallon+7DeX3AGbtrdm.jpg

Reactions: KW

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Three teams in the NCAA Frozen Four have Panther prospects on them: Wisconsin, Quinnipac, & Boston College.

Tournament starts this Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad