Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc. - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I just checked, the one Panther Prospect really getting shafted from covid-19 is Justin Sourdif (rd 3, #87 overall in 2020), having not played at all this season due to the WHL suspending play. His team, the Vancouver Giants, starts next Friday, March 26th.
It will be good to see him in action!

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I just checked, the one Panther Prospect really getting shafted from covid-19 is Justin Sourdif (rd 3, #87 overall in 2020), having not played at all this season due to the WHL suspending play. His team, the Vancouver Giants, starts next Friday, March 26th.
It will be good to see him in action!

Oh, I was wondering why he wasn't playing.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
So is Denisenko gonna be on the taxi squad all year or...? Why is he not playing games??

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Spencer has been beaten blocker high for both goals tonight on nothing plays. Gonna have to watch out for that little weakness. Still have 8 minutes left. To be honest he looks quite cold. Not many chances against him. He literally didn’t even move on both shots.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
That’ll be it for Spencer. He looks demoralized. Definitely his worst night. Arguable one of the worst goalie performances I’ve seen in a while.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I believe now the only Panthers Prospect left in their conference tournament is Similac going on Saturday at 4 for the ECAC championship.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So is Denisenko gonna be on the taxi squad all year or...? Why is he not playing games??

Tippett has looked good lately, more competition for Deni. Deni should be playing big minutes in the AHL imo

Deni he's still kind of undersized. You'd hate for his development to be stunted because of an injury.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Tippett has looked good lately, more competition for Deni. Deni should be playing big minutes in the AHL imo

Deni he's still kind of undersized. You'd hate for his development to be stunted because of an injury.
Tippett has been great, and deserves ice time, but how long are they gonna keep Deni on taxi then? Guy came to NA to get some minutes on NA ice, and he's been sitting no the sidelines far too long for my liking in a shortened season. I'd rathe rhe get prime minutes in the AHL, where he seemed to have had a nice start.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Tippett has been great, and deserves ice time, but how long are they gonna keep Deni on taxi then? Guy came to NA to get some minutes on NA ice, and he's been sitting no the sidelines far too long for my liking in a shortened season. I'd rathe rhe get prime minutes in the AHL, where he seemed to have had a nice start.
We may never know, but I think part of the reason Deni is up with the big Club is to get used to North America with Bob.
Not sure if there's any other Russians down on Syracuse, but I would bet you my bottom dollar Bob enjoys having him up with the club, might even be staying at his house.
Is it a coincidence that Bob's play has been stellar for the most part since Deni has been called up to the taxi Squad? I don't think so.

Reactions: JohnLennon

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
We may never know, but I think part of the reason Deni is up with the big Club is to get used to North America with Bob.
Not sure if there's any other Russians down on Syracuse, but I would bet you my bottom dollar Bob enjoys having him up with the club, might even be staying at his house.
Is it a coincidence that Bob's play has been stellar for the most part since Deni has been called up to the taxi Squad? I don't think so.
Very interesting insight. Good points. Gotta say the psychological aspect is just as important in development/play on the ice for both players, so if that is the case, can't say I hate it. Though I do hope it leads to more ice time for Deni sooner than later!

Reactions: Cold Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad