Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc. - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015
Gildon finishes w/ four assists - his last coming on the shorthand...

He had an outstanding game on both ends, and played a ton of minutes - for much of the second and third he was out there every other shift. He quarterbacked the top PP unit and got a lot of run on the PK as well (saved a goal on one PK shift w/ a nice play to knock down a pass across the crease)...

As much as they used him - and in all situations - they must really like him considering he’s a 21 year old non-Edmonton prospect...

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
KalPa has developed young d-men in recent years; Niko Mikkola (STL), Juuso Riikola (PIT) and Otto Leskinen (MTL) comes to mind.

KalPa also probably a better path to more minutes, they don't rely as much on big signings like Kärpät does.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Sourdif finished tonight's season finale for the Giants with that goal and 2 assists in a 6-1 drubbing of Victoria.

His final total for the short bubble season was 11 goals, 23 assists for 34 points in 22 games. That's enough to slot him 5th in the WHL in assists and points and to lead the Giants in both categories as well (graduating player Tristen Nielsen had 15 goals to beat out Sourdif for the goal-scoring lead)

Sourdif played a strong game overall but it's hard to judge against Victoria (who he soundly thrashed this season) because they were the worst team in the division by far. On the whole I think this was an important developmental season for him as he did look like the best Giant on the ice for much of the time and showed that he could carry an offensive load when called on. Next season is going to be more interesting as the team is losing at least 3 of its top 4 scorers behind Sourdif so he's going to have to shoulder even more of the burden. He also could be primed for a leadership role as one of the more senior players on the team in both age and tenure with Vancouver.

I hadn't popped in here much over the last couple weeks mostly because the team was in a bit of a swoon and Sourdif also looked less impactful in spite of still recording solid results on the scoresheet. That's not a knock on him though. It's mostly down to the fact that it was hard for him to really push back by himself when everyone around him was faltering.

So I guess that concludes my short tenure as a sort of satellite reporter for you guys for this abbreviated WHL season. I'll probably be back around next season though when the WHL starts up again. Probably with better discussion of his games too considering it's easier to watch one specific player when you're at the games instead of trying to track against the grain of the camera work on a webcast.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
So I guess that concludes my short tenure as a sort of satellite reporter for you guys for this abbreviated WHL season. I'll probably be back around next season though when the WHL starts up again. Probably with better discussion of his games too considering it's easier to watch one specific player when you're at the games instead of trying to track against the grain of the camera work on a webcast.
I’m sure I speak on behalf of everyone here - and we have a good sized board - when I say thanks a lot for all the reports. They were incredibly insightful and enjoyable to read for us.

Very much looking forward to hearing back next season. :cheers:

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Announced today, the OHL will be starting their season on October 7th. The season will be 68 games.
Ontario doesn't even know if it'll be open on June 5th, it's good that they are planning for it, but planning more than 2 weeks ahead is almost going to the wishing well.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Don't know where to put this:

According to several sources of Austrian media and taking the main info from a Podcast with the guy, Austrian former goalie Jürgen Penker is becoming part of the goalie excellence department of our Team. He will be scouting goalies for the Panthers in Europe, focussing on young talents below 18 and draft preparation.
He is from my hometown of Bregenz, Austria. He had mainly been playing in the the first Austrian league (EBEL), also having some seasons in the highest leagues in Sweden (Rögle), Slovakia (Nitra) and Norway (Lorenskog). He also has a respectable experience at World Championships.

Francois Allaire who he has known for a while recommended him, Lou was in direct contact with him pretty much from the start and was very cool and easy going with him, seemed like talking to an old friend. Jürgen pointed out that the development of this project was very open, everything very new for anybody, mistakes will be made, but a united effort.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
What kind of NHL future do Heponiemi and Kiersted have?
To compare to one of his countrymen, Hepo to me looks like Kotkaniemi, who’s clearly having some success in Montreal. So I hope he gets a decent chance next season.

Reactions: harv33173
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad