B-Sens 2020-2021 Belleville Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
OT: is it just me who can't view the Tweets posted in this forum? It used to work, then it didn't, then it did again, and now it's not working again. I'm using Firefox with an extension that I shall not name here...

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
At least Troy Mann is a guy I feel I can trust and who will be good for developing our prospects. Seems like it was the case last year as many of them looked trusted in big roles and looked fantastic as a result.

There was also very little veteran talent to block their way... But if you bring in a lot of Chris Terrys and Daniel Carrs, then it's a very different story.

I'm not sure which situation it reminds me of

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I think a more realistic line-up is...

Abramov - Brown - Sokolov
Formenton - Bishop - Shaw
Kelly - Cassels - Beaudin
Greig - Kastelic - Labate
Davidsson
Magwood

Brannstrom - Labrie
Alsing - Jaros
Dougherty - Thomson
Williams

Gustavsson
Mandolese

Really weak at C and G this year. Not a lot of guys with an NHL future.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I think a more realistic line-up is...

Abramov - Brown - Sokolov
Formenton - Bishop - Shaw
Kelly - Cassels - Beaudin
Greig - Kastelic - Labate
Davidsson
Magwood

Brannstrom - Labrie
Alsing - Jaros
Dougherty - Thomson
Williams

Gustavsson
Mandolese

Really weak at C and G this year. Not a lot of guys with an NHL future.
How does it compare to the other three teams though? I known nothing about them

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Why not? He's skilled enough to be top line AHL.

Definitely not. Even when he was healthy last year it was a struggle for him to get ice-time. Just not a good player.

How does it compare to the other three teams though? I known nothing about them

Marlies look very strong - they have a ton of top-end AHL players [Warsofsky, Agostino, Petan, Rosen, Engvall, Hutchinson, Kossila, Malgin] and some quality prospects [Liljegren, Joey Anderson, Korshkov, Hallander, Rubins]. Lots of depth beyond that.

Laval have a handful of top AHL vets [Weal, Blandisi, Belzile, Ouellet, Olofsson] but they look fairly young beyond that. Hard to get a read on.

Manitoba will have Heinola and Perfetti which is interesting, and a few other quality prospects beyond them [Gawanke and Kovacevic] but almost nothing in the way of established AHL vets. Winnipeg took a young taxi squad [Logan Stanley, Dylan Samberg, Mikhail Berdin and David Gustafsson] so quite a few of their prospects aren't in the AHL as of now.

All of this is subject to change before the season starts, of course.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Are the B-Sens playing in Belleville this year, or in Ottawa? A lot of other AHL teams are playing in the same barn as the big club. Do we know when their camp opens? Have other AHL camps opened yet? Seems odd that we have heard zero news about the B-Sens other than LBrown and Brannstrom are gonna be playing there.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Definitely not. Even when he was healthy last year it was a struggle for him to get ice-time. Just not a good player.

You should mention AFTER his concussion issues. He almost made the Jackets at 21 y/o and they were much more competitive than we are now. Just another young guy who was unlucky and got a pretty bad injury at the worst timing.

But we have barely seen anyone play in so long, it's actually hard to have a real grasp at where they're at. He could have totally recovered... but it seems like he dealt with other injuries this year? Or covid? I don't know, general Sens coverage is very low.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He means a big part of the Belleville team in the future I hope.

No, probably the Ottawa Senators. Parker Kelly plays exactly the way DJ likes. We're at a point that we have to accept that they are going to prioritize grit/intensity/physicality over skill almost everytime. For the better or worse I guess.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
"“We require, as a team, proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence. That’s how our teams play.”
-Brian Burke"
-Pierre Dorion

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Are the B-Sens playing in Belleville this year, or in Ottawa? A lot of other AHL teams are playing in the same barn as the big club. Do we know when their camp opens? Have other AHL camps opened yet? Seems odd that we have heard zero news about the B-Sens other than LBrown and Brannstrom are gonna be playing there.

I don’t think the clubs are going out of their way to push out a bunch of stories about early sessions as Ontario heads into a lock down. Some people’s business and job just got paused -

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Formenton - L. Brown - Sokolov
Kelly - Bishop - Davidsson
Reinhardt - Beaudin - Magwood
Labate - Kastelic - Shaw/Cassels/Greig

Brannstrom - Jaros
Alsing - Thomson
Labrie - Dougherty/Williams

Gustavsson
Mandolese

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Formenton - L. Brown - Sokolov
Kelly - Bishop - Davidsson
Reinhardt - Beaudin - Magwood
Labate - Kastelic - Shaw/Cassels/Greig

Brannstrom - Jaros
Alsing - Thomson
Labrie - Dougherty/Williams

Gustavsson
Mandolese
gotta give Greig a shot up the lineup .. I'd put him on the 2nd line and move Kelly to the 3rd and Reinhardt out

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
gotta give Greig a shot up the lineup .. I'd put him on the 2nd line and move Kelly to the 3rd and Reinhardt out
Won't he being going back to junior, he's too young for the AHL? I know they can play in the AHL until their league starts up again, but he's 18 yrs old & 160 lbs. I like him, but he's probably going to be a slightly better version of Parker Kelly who I also like, but I think there are better prospects ahead of them.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Won't he being going back to junior, he's too young for the AHL? I know they can play in the AHL until their league starts up again, but he's 18 yrs old & 160 lbs. I like him, but he's probably going to be a slightly better version of Parker Kelly who I also like, but I think there are better prospects ahead of them.
he's better offensively than Kelly... I like Kelly he's that pesky shit disturber that can contribute .. Greig is pretty good offensively
he's there till he's not .. I don't know what the WHL is planning.. nothing soon

I think Forms will tear it up this year

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
he's better offensively than Kelly... I like Kelly he's that pesky shit disturber that can contribute .. Greig is pretty good offensively
he's there till he's not .. I don't know what the WHL is planning.. nothing soon

I think Forms will tear it up this year
Someday Greig may be , but I doubt that's the case now at his age & weight. I'm sure they will want to have a good look at him & maybe he'll get a few games before the WHL starts up again, we'll see.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

You are constantly posting to just gift players ice time. Kelly earned his last year playing 3-4 line hockey. Let Greig earn his.when he does he will play up. Everything doesn’t have to be a handout... it’s the worst philosophy for player development.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad