B-Sens 2020-2021 Belleville Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hi to all in Canada am missing my Hockey......
Especially this blog.... Am so tired of the virus and the people it has taken so far....... I pray it goes away soon.......
Hope everybody is well..
Zeke

Nice to hear from you Zeke, hope you are well & safe. Crazy times for sure, hopefully the return of the NHL will bring back some normalcy to people's lives. Take care & keep posting.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Especially this blog.... Am so tired of the virus and the people it has taken so far....... I pray it goes away soon.......
Hope everybody is well..
Zeke

Good to hear from you Zeke. Hope all is well on your end.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Yeah that makes sense and was my understanding too, but it seems like the OP was saying we have to call up players from the taxi squad if we want them to play NHL games. Maybe I misunderstood.

The whole purpose of the taxi squad isnt to allow teams to have 29 man rosters...it's to have call ups already be your bubble. That's it. I'd expect taxi squad to be mostly vets as you wouldn't want young players sitting around practicing all year when their AHL team is playing games.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The whole purpose of the taxi squad isnt to allow teams to have 29 man rosters...it's to have call ups already be your bubble. That's it. I'd expect taxi squad to be mostly vets as you wouldn't want young players sitting around practicing all year when their AHL team is playing games.
Probably changes over once the AHL is up and running.. Initially it probably has more young guys , I'm guessing

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Should be interesting what they do about their 3rd goalie or the taxi squad goalie? I would think it would be Daccord to start the season, but once the AHL season starts I think he should go to the AHL to play & replace him with Gustavsson on the taxi squad since he already got to play some hockey this season in Sweden. After a number of games they could switch it up to make sure Gustavsson also gets some playing time this season. Mandolese would also benefit with some AHL games & in a shortened season they might be able to get away with it, if not, they can always make changes.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Should be interesting what they do about their 3rd goalie or the taxi squad goalie? I would think it would be Daccord to start the season, but once the AHL season starts I think he should go to the AHL to play & replace him with Gustavsson on the taxi squad since he already got to play some hockey this season in Sweden. After a number of games they could switch it up to make sure Gustavsson also gets some playing time this season. Mandolese would also benefit with some AHL games & in a shortened season they might be able to get away with it, if not, they can always make changes.
Actually they have Francois Brassard in camp (ECHL) goalie. Maybe keep up Daccord until AHL starts up and then keep Brassard on the taxi squad as it won’t affect his development. Keep all the other good goalies playing games.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’m trying to figure out this taxi squad thing - you have to clear waivers similar to any demotion. So what exactly is the advantage ?

1. you can have an expanded roster ? Maybe irrelevant to Ottawa if Belleville is playing out of their Building ?

2. you can place a veteran on the tax squad. They still have to clear waivers, which is essentially a demotion to Belleville, but perhaps not as distancing/insulting to the player?

3. it’s going to open up 6 spots for other teams to possibly pluck a player like Balcers from us if we try to waive them.

I don’t see how Ottawa will use it beyond quasi not cutting 6 players (which were cut).

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hope everybody is well..
Zeke
Zeke brother. Happy New Year. Less virus more hockey. I’m with you.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Hope everybody is well..
Zeke

Happy to hear that you are safe and sound Zeke, I wont lie that you had me worried there for a bit. f*** Covid, thats something we can all agree on...

Anyways congrats on the US win at the WJC, they deserved it. The puck will be dropping on the regular season soon my friend, and Im sure that you're just as excited as we are.

Belleville should hopefully have a fun team for you to watch again this season, regardless of how strange it will be.

:cheers:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

... think of the money in sponsorship by taking the number 50

3.Labatt_50_Logo_Web_540x.png

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
My approximation of the lineup.

Formenton-Brown-Shaw
Greig-Bishop-Kelly
Labate-Beaudin-Sokolov
Reinhardt-Cassels-Davidsson
Kastelic, Magwood

Brannstrom-Jaros
Alsing-Thomson
Labrie-Williams
Dougherty

Gutavsson
Mandolese

The RW, C, and D could be all pretty fluid... hard to tell what role any particular guy will play and what look Mann will try to give each line. I suspect Formenton, Brown, and maybe Shaw are the only top 6 locks, and Brannstrom and maybe Jaros the only real locks in the top 4.

Reactions: DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
My approximation of the lineup.

Formenton-Brown-Shaw
Greig-Bishop-Kelly
Labate-Beaudin-Sokolov
Reinhardt-Cassels-Davidsson
Kastelic, Magwood

Brannstrom-Jaros
Alsing-Thomson
Labrie-Williams
Dougherty

Gutavsson
Mandolese

The RW, C, and D could be all pretty fluid... hard to tell what role any particular guy will play and what look Mann will try to give each line. I suspect Formenton, Brown, and maybe Shaw are the only top 6 locks, and Brannstrom and maybe Jaros the only real locks in the top 4.
Add Abramov when he's healthy again. Probably slots in ahead of Greig.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I would like to see a line of Formenton-Brown-Sokolov. That could be a dangerous top line in the AHL and I think they compliment each other stylistically. They would push Brown to play with more intensity and aggressiveness and all three could see time in Ottawa this year if they perform well.

I would also like to see Ridly Greig get an opportunity to take a meaningful role somewhere in the top six or top 9. Other than Formenton, Brown and Sokolov I see Greig as a guy to prioritize for development purposes.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad