B-Sens 2020-2021 Belleville Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
If he can add some speed he'll be good
His straight line speed is actually decent. He could probably use a bit of work on his acceleration though. Fortunately that should come as he physically matures and continues to work on strength and conditioning. He seems really dedicated. In his interviews after training camp he mentioned that he was focused on learning how to be a pro and was taking advice from all the veteran players and figuring out what their routines are. Then Troy Mann said that he asks all the right questions. It sounds like he has a similar character, work ethic and commitment to improvement as Stone. He could be something special in the long run.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I agree the score was not indicative .. BSens had lots of good chances
wasn't better on the big ice ..more in the thread

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t know if he was playing tonight but aspirot looked so bad in the series against LAval. Big different from last year.

I only caught bits and pieces tonight. No one really impressed me. I do like abramov thiugh. Always going

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
I don’t know if he was playing tonight but aspirot looked so bad in the series against LAval. Big different from last year.

I only caught bits and pieces tonight. No one really impressed me. I do like abramov thiugh. Always going

He played last night his stats were
48 Aspirot, JonathanD0004-1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I would love a bottom six that is chock full of Alex Formentons, Nick Pauls and Connor Browns.

Yes, add Colin White to the mix. That's exactly the type of bottom-6 we need to build up. For example, it could look like this very soon :

Formenton-Paul-Brown
Dzingel-White-Watson

Reactions: Icelevel

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
I am very happy for Sokolov, there is a definite learning curve, plus with some skating improvement he can be a legit top-9 prospect. Won't mind the organization take the Nick Paul approach with him until he is ready to produce in the NHL.

He's got the right mind-set.

2-3 years in the AHL with intense training in the off-season to work on his skatin, then maybe he can become a PP and 3rd line guy in the NHL.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hopefully buries a few more breakaways than Connor.

Gonna be our Chimera. Potentially elite middle 6 guy who can pot 20 goals in some season.

Ideally your 3rd liners are guys who can do spot duty in the top six or on the PP if required.

With guys like Formenton, Pinto, Grieg waiting in the wings, we could have a very tough team to play against fairly soon.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Ideally your 3rd liners are guys who can do spot duty in the top six or on the PP if required.

With guys like Formenton, Pinto, Grieg waiting in the wings, we could have a very tough team to play against fairly soon.

I see him kinda like Kelly in that way. Can fill in on any line and be at least somewhat effective. Remember 1st liner Chris Kelly? Good times.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Dany Heatley was NHL player of the month for January 2007 IIRC with Chris Kelly as his centre. :)

I know it sounded sarcastic, but Kelly played well in that role when he was forced into it. Major respek for him as a player.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Hopefully buries a few more breakaways than Connor.

Gonna be our Chimera. Potentially elite middle 6 guy who can pot 20 goals in some season.

He definitely needs to work on his breakaway moves considering he gets so many. Looks telegraphed. Gotta use those edges because we know he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad