B-Sens 2020-2021 Belleville Senators - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
2020-21 AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE ALL-ROOKIE TEAM NAMED
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League has announced the 2020-21 AHL All-Rookie Team, as voted by coaches, players and media in each of the league’s 28 active member cities.
2020-21 AHL All-Rookie Team
Goaltender - Logan Thompson, Henderson Silver Knights (23gp, 16-6-1, 1.96gaa, .943sv%, 2so)
Defenseman - Calen Addison, Iowa Wild (31gp, 6+16=22pts., +7)
Defenseman - Max Gildon, Bakersfield Condors (32gp, 2+17=19pts., +16)
Forward - Riley Damiani, Texas Stars (36gp, 11+25=36pts., +3, 4 PPG, 2 GWG)
Forward - Connor McMichael, Hershey Bears (33gp, 14+13=27pts., +6, 6 PPG, 8 GWG)
Forward - Phil Tomasino, Chicago Wolves (29gp, 13+19=32pts., +20, 4 PPG, 2 GWG)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Sicko

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Great to hear that Troy Mann is using clips of Brad Marchand with Angus Crookshank. If Crookshank can become anything like Brad Marchand then that would be huge for this organization.

We are so fortunate to have the Mann brothers.. Troy has done a fantastic job since he's been here in evaluating , communicating and developing our prospects into NHL players .. or to the player that gives them that chance. Trent running the drafts and the feeder system for Troy is great as well.

Troy is so much more prospect development focused than the guy he replaced, Kleinendorst who did not put the young higher profile prospects into prominent roles.. and rather fed the vets the ice time.. Good that he was replaced quickly. Randy Lee was also part of things then.. good riddance to him as well.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
2020-21 AHL Canadian Division All-Star Team
G - Cayden Primeau, Laval Rocket (11-4-0, 2.10gaa, .909sv%, 2so)
D - Otto Leskinen, Laval Rocket (33gp, 1+16=17pts., +15, 6 PPA)
D - Connor Mackey, Stockton Heat (27gp, 3+13=16pts., 47 SOG, 16 ESP)
F - Kalle Kossila, Toronto Marlies (28gp, 7+22=29pts., +11, 2 PPG, 1 GWG)
F - Egor Sokolov, Belleville Senators (35gp, 15+10=25pts., 3 PPG, 1 GWG)
F - Nathan Todd, Manitoba Moose (36gp, 12+20=32pts., +10, 5 PPG, 2 GWG)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Specifically interested in what Mann said about Jarventie. Mann comments are worth several scouting reports, he really is a great hockey mind.

He has a high hockey IQ, tremendous shot, NHL release. He's certainly got some height to him and once he's able to fill out and get some proper off-ice conditioning in the summer and get stronger, I think he needs to work on his skating as well, he'll be a real good prospect

Remember, Jarventie is still 18 y/o (until August). He's super raw. Yes he didn't have a great WJC where he was just a passenger but Finland expected him to be more than that as he started high in their lineup. He probably just wasn't ready for that level of competition, didn't have the confidence and didn't really know what to do. Keep in mind, it's the best on best U-20 players in the world and usually 19 y/o players have a much bigger impact than the youngest ones. Hopefully he's more ready in the next WJC

Surprisingly, he was able to hold his ground and even produce in the Liiga and AHL as he was probably better prepared and surrounded by more seasoned players. He has a lot of good NHL qualities that he just needs to develop. Even his skating is not a "finished product". But his shot and release could allow him to be a top-6 player at the NHL level. Can't wait to see how he looks at 20-21 y/o. The fact that Man is going to be the mann developing him is exciting.

He's an excellent project/prospect. His shot could be something really special. A Roope Hintz level player is my hope.

With Norris, Batherson, Stutzle, Sokolov, Jarventie we have once again some shooting ability in the organization. Brannstrom from the blueline also has a total bullet (Thomson too)

And don't get me started on Sogaard

Last edited:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Specifically interested in what Mann said about Jarventie. Mann comments are worth several scouting reports, he really is a great hockey mind.

He has a high hockey IQ, tremendous shot, NHL release. He's certainly got some height to him and once he's able to fill out and get some proper off-ice conditioning in the summer and get stronger, I think he needs to work on his skating as well, he'll be a real good prospect

Remember, Jarventie is still 18 y/o (until August). He's super raw. Yes he didn't have a great WJC where he was just a passenger but Finland expected him to be more than that as he started high in their lineup. He probably just wasn't ready for that level of competition, didn't have the confidence and didn't really know what to do. Keep in mind, it's the best on best U-20 players in the world and usually 19 y/o players have a much bigger impact than the youngest ones. Hopefully he's more ready in the next WJC

Surprisingly, he was able to hold his ground and even produce in the Liiga and AHL as he was probably better prepared and surrounded by more seasoned players. He has a lot of good NHL qualities that he just needs to develop. Even his skating is not a "finished product". But his shot and release could allow him to be a top-6 player at the NHL level. Can't wait to see how he looks at 20-21 y/o. The fact that Man is going to be the mann developing him is exciting.

He's an excellent project/prospect. His shot could be something really special. A Roope Hintz level player is my hope.

With Norris, Batherson, Stutzle, Sokolov, Jarventie we have once again some shooting ability in the organization. Brannstrom from the blueline also has a total bullet (Thomson too)

Jarventie's Heatleysque - his release is so natural and effortless. He is the best shooter in the prospect pipeline, ahead of the older Sokolov. These two are perhaps the best shooters in the organization, including the NHL players you mention. With proper grooming, these two are potential NHLers in the Sens top-6!

I found the high hockey IQ comment from Troy interesting, because Jarventie looked like deer/headlights during the WJC as a barely legal 18 year old. I think he will be an NHLer by 21 (D+3), so he has plenty of time to grow under Troy Mann. I don't see him as a long term project (as is the case with Lassi T).

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

You're being so gaarded in your comments! :)

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I only watched a few clips of him back when he was first drafted, so not too familiar with him overall, but a few things immediately standout from his game. His shot is elite, the best we have in our farm, and very much needed in our talent pool. His north-south skating is also very good. Decent frame and height, but not very physical at all, and needs a few years of bulking to fill out and mature. Pretty decent hands and stick but not exceptional.

Biggest deficiencies are his defensive game, that needs to be coached into him, and his motor, he seems to stand around a lot in the O-zone just looking for someone to set him up for a shot. Can't really judge much on his IQ/passing or playmaking ability, I need to watch more of him. Needs to work on his agility and east-west movement as well, bit it's not bad. Overall though, he's definitely a boom or bust candidate. Super raw with a ton of natural skill and talent, he can definitely be a gem for us or at the very least a one-dimensional 30 goal scorer, similar to Hoffman in a way. But it really depends on him and how much effort he's willing to put in, and how receptive he is to advice and coaching. I kind of question his drive and whether he has the mentality/mind set needed to reach his potential. His ceiling can be very high if he takes his training seriously and develops the right attitude, I'd love to see that shot on our PP.

Reactions: Xspyrit and Emrasie

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Great to hear that Troy Mann is using clips of Brad Marchand with Angus Crookshank. If Crookshank can become anything like Brad Marchand then that would be huge for this organization.

Mann should add some clips of Gallagher too.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
There was a rumour earlier on, I think it was Garrioch, that Ottawa was targeting an under-scouted European draft prospect. Wouldn't think PD would let that slip unless they wanted to mislead other teams, but in any event. Last draft we took a number of Europeans and I was wondering if the Sens are doing this because they can get them to the AHL earlier than CHL, USHL, and college players. Also try to take advantage of having Mann develop them before he heads up to the big club. I suppose it could also be so they leave them longer in Europe to develop and don't have to use a contract spot, but I think this would mainly apply to goalies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
There was a rumour earlier on, I think it was Garrioch, that Ottawa was targeting an under-scouted European draft prospect. Wouldn't think PD would let that slip unless they wanted to mislead other teams, but in any event. Last draft we took a number of Europeans and I was wondering if the Sens are doing this because they can get them to the AHL earlier than CHL, USHL, and college players. Also try to take advantage of having Mann develop them before he heads up to the big club. I suppose it could also be so they leave them longer in Europe to develop and don't have to use a contract spot, but I think this would mainly apply to goalies.
It was a fake tweet by Simmer

Reactions: Sen sational

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We are so fortunate to have the Mann brothers.. Troy has done a fantastic job since he's been here in evaluating , communicating and developing our prospects into NHL players .. or to the player that gives them that chance. Trent running the drafts and the feeder system for Troy is great as well.

Troy is so much more prospect development focused than the guy he replaced, Kleinendorst who did not put the young higher profile prospects into prominent roles.. and rather fed the vets the ice time.. Good that he was replaced quickly. Randy Lee was also part of things then.. good riddance to him as well.

There are a few more Neanderthals to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad