2020/2021 Around the League Thread | Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I blanked out some of those awful years but was Dowd always this good? What was the general consensus for him when he was here? looks like a perfect 4C.

Reactions: mossey3535

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I blanked out some of those awful years but was Dowd always this good? What was the general consensus for him when he was here? looks like a perfect 4C.
It was exactly how you would think it was like.

The same suspects saying he is useless and Beagle is 5x the player Dowd is.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Anyone who is making 750k and has a two-way game is good enough for a 4th line role when you are trying to win.

The Canucks had 3 guys in Bonino, Richardson and Dowd who would have been cheap good talent in the bottom 6. Yet they ended up with Sutter, Roussel and Beagle.

Washington did well to cut Beagle loose. He was already slowing down before their cup run.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Watching the Caps vs Bruins you really see how far we have to go. Hathaway on the 4th line for the Caps with two goals, the second one of which was a beauty. All four lines can contribute.

I don't think this really means much. Motte scored two goals against St. Louis last year, didn't he?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I LOVE me some Brett Pesce.

my absolute dream defensive partner for Hughes.

I think he was available like a year ago potentially.
I would have given up big assets for him.

Reactions: mossey3535

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
It would be funny if the Blues upset Colorado. Craig Berube is persistent on his team winning puck battles in the corner, I think the young Avs D can be exposed with Blues playing style.

There could be good value in betting on that since Colorado won the President's Trophy

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Carolina and Colorado winning these first round matchups seem like the biggest slam dunks of all time

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Carolina and Colorado winning these first round matchups seem like the biggest slam dunks of all time
Blues will probably try to bully the Avs, they know they can’t match their speed and skill. Avs aren’t exactly a small or soft team though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad