U20: 2019 World Junior Summer Showcase

trufflepiggy

Oct 13, 2015
I didn't say Sweden didn't win. I said the winning goal didn't actually go in. There's a difference.

It's summer hockey. It barely matters. Stop taking things so seriously. It's going to be okay.
The puck crossed the line. The review was to determine if the Sweden player kicked it in.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I didn't say Sweden didn't win. I said the winning goal didn't actually go in. There's a difference.

It's summer hockey. It barely matters. Stop taking things so seriously. It's going to be okay.
I was the one taking it too seriously? Who is crying over a reviewed goal in the summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: AB13

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Did you decide this before the summer showcase or did you decide this because of a summer hockey tournament?

Before because that is what the team needed a big strong power center with speed, what's not to like. Beecher leads team USA through two games: 4 pts (3 goals/1 asst), 7 shots on goal, +3 rating. Being the tallest/heaviest forward on the roster at 6'3", makes him stand out as a roster commodity. Curtis Hall another Bruin pick, will not make it, same height.

Going to Michigan will be beneficial as he will be the go to guy there under coach Mel Pearson. Beecher should challenge for the 3rd center spot for the World's at Christmas and for sure be in the bottom 6 somewhere. The year after maybe in the top 6. Who knows, lots can change but you cannot teach size and it is nice to see him get this recognition below by an NHL insider and the USA staff.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
4-1 to Canada with a little to go. The Laf-Dach-Velano line was dominating.

The US’ lines weren’t really clicking. Caufield played well for the US and scored one, but many others had a rough night. Especially Wahlstrom that seem to be marginalized against better opponents and starts playing pretty destructive hockey throwing the puck around. Don’t think Zegras had the best night either. Looks a little weak and on the slow side. Boldy was good as usual though.

Nic Robertson is a player that never quite wins me over enough that he becomes someone that like I become a “fan” of in lack of better words, but still he always gets involved and contributes with his speed and skill. He is a good player and Toronto got a quality pick there for sure.

Newhook is always impressing me, can’t really understand why he fell as much as he did.

Bowen Byram was solid for Canada, of course, but at the same time, you can really tell that it’s another level for that age group.

K’Andre Miller was a force for 2 periods and carried the US, but he probably wants the last 15 minutes back. Started to force things a bit when Canada was ahead and for the first time in 3 games wasn’t spotless.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Interesting to see the US rotate all their LHD through the 2nd and 3rd pairs on the right side. Seemed like they all got a look on their off-hand side, with only Miller-Emberton staying static from what I could see.

Reactions: Ola

member 88115

4-1 to Canada with a little to go. The Laf-Dach-Velano line was dominating.

The US’ lines weren’t really clicking. Caufield played well for the US and scored one, but many others had a rough night. Especially Wahlstrom that seem to be marginalized against better opponents and starts playing pretty destructive hockey throwing the puck around. Don’t think Zegras had the best night either. Looks a little weak and on the slow side. Boldy was good as usual though.

Nic Robertson is a player that never quite wins me over enough that he becomes someone that like I become a “fan” of in lack of better words, but still he always gets involved and contributes with his speed and skill. He is a good player and Toronto got a quality pick there for sure.

Newhook is always impressing me, can’t really understand why he fell as much as he did.

Bowen Byram was solid for Canada, of course, but at the same time, you can really tell that it’s another level for that age group.

K’Andre Miller was a force for 2 periods and carried the US, but he probably wants the last 15 minutes back. Started to force things a bit when Canada was ahead and for the first time in 3 games wasn’t spotless.
The US kids have played 4 games in 5 days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad