U20: 2019 World Junior Summer Showcase

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Excited about this tournament, even though it shouldnt be taken TOO seriously, this off season tournament, but there is some interesting names on team Sweden (and sure on the other squads too).

MattiasSnall

May 1, 2018
The Finnish team hasn’t been chosen yet though, the team displayed on the tournament site is one of the 2 Finnish teams that are attending the pre-camp in Finland, after the camp they chose their 24 players going to Plymouth from those teams.

This is the other team which is not mentioned:
G:
Piiroinen Kari, OHL
Taponen Roope, HIFK Helsinki
D:
Hatakka Santeri, Ilves Tampere
Laitamäki Elias, Ilves Tampere
Lehtinen Atso, HPK Hämeenlinna
Loponen Kalle, Kärpät Oulu
Matinmikko Aleksi, Ässät Pori
Räsänen Iivari, Tappara Tampere
Salmela Santeri, KooKoo Kouvola
Tuomisto Antti, Ässät Pori
F:
Aaltonen Leevi, KalPa Kuopio
Hakanen Santtu, HPK Hämeenlinna
Hirvonen Konsta, Jokerit Helsinki
Intonen Aarne, TPS Turku
Kallionkieli Marcus, Sioux City Musketeers USHL
Maccelli Matias, Ilves Tampere
Miettinen Veeti, Blues Espoo
Mäntykivi Matias, SaiPa Lappeenranta
Nikkanen Henri, Jukurit Mikkeli
Petman Ville, Lukko Rauma
Petman Mikko, Lukko Rauma
Valkeejärvi Samuel, JYP Jyväskylä

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Although I enjoyed this event the past two times it was here in Plymouth, I am not sure if I will be attending any of the games this time. It doesn't appear that USA Hockey is giving any price break to us season ticket holders like in the past, and we have a lot of other things going on at the end of the month. I may try to get there one or two days, but haven't made up my mind yet.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I'm excited to watch. I can only go for a day so my daughter and I go for the last day. Love watching FIN/ SWE and then the CAN v USA games.

Reactions: Chainshot

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Wondered this also. Hes not even on the U-18 canp roster for Hlinka and neither this one? His past has affected or he has some injury? Cant believe they wuld take some role player over him again.
I think he is too old for hlinka.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Wondered this also. Hes not even on the U-18 canp roster for Hlinka and neither this one? His past has affected or he has some injury? Cant believe they wuld take some role player over him again.
Nope, not injured, just not good enough apparently. Didn't even crack the U18 WC team. And he is to old for Hlinka just like Star Ocean pointed out.

Mysteric1000

Feb 13, 2019
Nope, not injured, just not good enough apparently. Didn't even crack the U18 WC team. And he is to old for Hlinka just like Star Ocean pointed out.

Well... goodness that theres a lot hockey left to be played before World Junior Championships, where he belongs after scoring nearly similar pace as Holtz and Raymond if stays healthy me guess. Otherwise I start to consider that a totally discrimination from federation if he deserves to be in, but hes not.

I just want good enough explanations what hes lacking and who are those guys head and shoulders better than him especially at that sniper role or either top-6?

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Team Sweden roster changes since the orignal roster in OP:

D Mattias Norlinder (MTL), F Nils Höglander (VAN) & D Victor Söderström (ARI) out.

D Jakob Bondesson (Undrafted), F Nikola Pasic (NJD) & D Linus Cronholm (BUF) in.

Last edited:

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Funny how sometimes this tournament has better rosters than the actual WJC, as some of these players will be in the NHL come December.

Look forward to some good hockey this time around. Canada in particular has a tremendous roster, not sure they will be able to keep all the top guys for the WJC though.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Team Sweden roster changes since the orignal roster in OP:

D Mattias Norlinder (MTL), F Nils Höglander (VAN) & D Victor Söderström (ARI) out.

D Jakob Bondesson (Undrafted), F Nikola Pasic (NJD) & D Linus Cronholm (BUF) in.
Basically sweden got a lot worse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad